"This book continues to be a favorite among medical students and housestaff for good reason."--Doody's Review Service
This Android version of the "manual of manuals" provides essential patient care information for medical students. You will find totally up-to-date coverage of current treatment protocols and step-by-step information on the history and physical examination, differential diagnosis, key lab and diagnostic tests, and much more.
* Revised format and design delivers bulleted, concise information as well as numerous flow charts and tables
* Thoroughly updated and revised with particular attention to topics like clinical microbiology, critical care, emergencies, and commonly used medications
Never Leave Home Without The Monkey!
Widely known as the Scut Monkey Handbook, the Clinician's Pocket Reference 11th ed is a resident's and medical student's survival guide for the wards and in the clinic. It is also widely used among practicing physicians and health care providers to access essential information in patient care. This popular reference app provides a well-organized and strategically delivered format equipped with an automatic updates feature to ensure the most current medical information available. Quickly access information on history and physical examination, current treatment protocols, differential diagnosis, key lab and diagnostic tests, and much more.
*** This is a fully functional trial ***
Proving that sometimes less text can deliver more information, this super-concise guide covers more than one thousand of the most commonly used medications. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference zeros-in on must-know information such as selection and administration, mechanisms of action, dosage, cautions, contraindications, and side effects.
"A big plus is the herbal section, which lists the medicines patients are most likely to try on their own, presented in the same layout as the rest of the book....For its size, this book is a valuable re¬source. It takes up very little pocket room, and it is an efficient way to recall details about familiar drugs."--Yale Journal of Biology & Medicine
Leonard G. Gomella, MD, is Chair of Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
Steven Haist, MD, and Aimee G. Adams, PharmD, are affiliated with the University of Kentucky School of Medicine.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
We develop short summaries (usually 10-15 pages) of concepts related to teaching and learning practices in the clinical context. Each article within the app is based on evidence and provides insight into teaching and learning strategies in the clinical context. The articles are developed from the ground up by domain experts, making use of peer-reviewed publications and open educational resources to deliver a concise summary of the topic being explored. Articles are comprehensive enough to give you a better understanding of the topic but concise enough to cover in one sitting. However, additional resources are also provided so that you can explore the topics in even more depth.
We currently have the following titles available, with more under active development:
- Peer review of teaching
- Small group teaching
- The Delphi approach for reaching consensus
- Writing a research paper
- Assessing clinical competence with the mini-CEX
- Authentic learning
PowerScribe 360 | Mobile Clinician delivers:
•Clinician convenience and satisfaction
•Better access to clinical content from mobile devices
•Access to orders and reports based on those orders
•Access to critical test result messages
PowerScribe 360 | Reporting Access
PowerScribe 360 | Mobile Clinician provides authorized users with secure access to orders and reports – Preliminary and Final - in the PowerScribe 360 | Reporting system.
PowerScribe 360 | Critical Results Access
PowerScribe 360 | Mobile Clinician provides authorized users with secure access to receive, review, and acknowledge critical test result messages
What's New in this Version
- User Interface
- Searching for orders by accession number, name or MRN
- Finding orders using Time filters
- Functionality to listen to audio of report