Simple clean, straightforward, text based interface.
In 10 characters it is accurate to within a 6th of a square metre. Checksums are not a requirement. Codes can be further shortened to be more appropriate or efficient.
* View and test your phone browser's GPS live data.
* View address information from the OpenStreetMap database.
* Instant access to the OpenStreetMap and Google Maps.
* Perfect for checking the OpenStreetMap for map status when mapping.
* Generate Geohash-36 and OpenPostcodes for any coordinates.
* Also calculates more human memorable OpenPostcodes worldwide and postcodes within specific territories such as Ireland and Hong Kong.
* Within Ireland calculates ITM eastings and northings (including links to OSI maps for all Irish locations).
* Convert from coordinates to Irish ITM and from ITM to GPS coordinates.
* Search online for more information about your location.
* Email, SMS, and Tweet your location information easily and comprehensively.
Where am I?
Send your location by email, SMS, or Twitter easily from your mobile handset.
Identify your location with a simple memorable, global, easily communicated, technology independent, short, language-friendly code.
Explore locations with Instagram, Flickr, Panoramia, Wikipedia, Twitter, Flight Radar, Marine Traffic (AIS), Waze Traffic, and ISS position and other astronomy information at your location.
Open Postcode generator and mapping, using the opensource Open Postcode format. Find, link to, and easily email, SMS text and tweet your current GPS location postcode. Map with OpenStreetMap, Google, Bing, Nokia Here and the Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSI); and get directions to Open Postcode locations.
Ireland Postcode: Calculated to 8 characters plus checksum, 6 characters should be adequate for general addressing. Some will be less. Zoom out to produce and test shorter, easier codes. The checksum is optional. Use the code to text friends a location or to quickly record a location for yourself. Ideally Ireland would have an official postcode so that codes could be used for addressing and for use with emergency services and other location services such as roadside rescue. The app includes links to Hit The Road and Fix My Area services in Ireland.
Other geolocation codes are available for Ireland: Loc8Code and GoCode. Both achieve the same ends but are proprietary codes used under license. Only the OpenPostcode is freely calculated and used and is the most accurate code available. Geohash-36 calculations are also available. See www.OpenPostcode.org for more information.
For further information on the code, the calculations, and sample spreadsheets, see www.OpenPostcode.org.
Online at iemap.org. Support and contact details www.openpostcode.org.
Released on the LGPL - http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpostcode/