This is the a Beta release of the first Productive Game release. Please test it and give me your feedback.
Specifically I want to know what the screen looks like on your device. Feel free to take a screenshot and send it to me. I could also definitely use some feedback on battery usage.
Issues I'm aware of
-There may still be issues with fonts and UI elements being too small or too big
- though the character movement does work, the swipe controls are not ideal.
- pressing a button while the game panel is active, causes the character to move.
- the game could be better, in general
- I would like to add undo, and redo for the tasks.
- UI elements could look nicer
- Any screen with an aspect ratio that is not 9:16 in landscape mode, will potentially cause black bars between the game panel and the left and right panels, or the left and right panels might overlap.
Feel free to give me feedback on these issues or any issues I'm not aware of to give me a better idea of what I should work on next.
More about ProductiveGames:
A ProductiveGame is a game that interacts with you as you check off your real world tasks. There are three basic kinds of events. These are build events, game events, and story events. Build events build or unbuild something. Game events are parts of the game you can play. Story events are any story elements in the game. This first release only has build and game events.
This is a prototype I made in three months by heavily modifying a game from a unity tutorial, between July-Sept 2015. I just recently figured out how to fix the Unity uGUI user interface to make the display look better in android, and that is why I have decided to release now, even though there is still a lot more work that can be done.