Just about every project begins with an idea. It is imperative that you start a fresh project with an evaluation process to establish the possible benefits and timing. The evaluation of prospective projects takes place during its introduction stage. During this phase, a possible project is conceptualized, rationalized, approved and funded.
In the course of the introduction phase it is necessary to evidently and clearly define exactly what it is designed to achieve and its extent. By establishing this initially, you specify a benchmark for the standard of what is essentially produced by the end of this phase. You also identify what resources and duration will be allocated to finalize the it.
The plan management stage is about tracking and managing the development of the project. It is also about maintaining the quality of the service by monitoring progress through consistent check points and handling issues that appear in the course of the planning. The greater part of the work and labor spent on it is within this phase.
More than 4 million paying customers from 175 countries.
You can subscribe to more than 500 apps for learning and training via GoLearningBus.Com.
GoLearningBus brings you a simple, crisp and to-the-point app for "Learn Project Management by GoLearningBus".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In guest mode you can access first chapter for free.
Login further to access second chapter of each app.
For full access to the content, please login and purchase this application.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
This app provides a quick summary of Project Management via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
"Project Management" includes:
Introduction to Project Management,
Role of Project Manager,
Project Scope Management,
Project Time Management,
Project Quality Management,
Project Cost and Risk Management,
Human Resource Management,
Writing Project Proposals and Business Plan,
PERT and CPM.
This app will access your personal information like first name, last name, and Email id.
For more details you may refer our privacy terms at http://golearningbus.com/tou.html.
Why GoLearningBus apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
★ ★ ★ GoLearningBus Vision : simpleNeasy Apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ To make education enjoyable, entertaining, and exciting for everyone. ★ ★ ★
Visit us : www.GoLearningBus.com
Please write to us at Team@WAGmob.com. We would love to improve this App.
The IT Project Management Practices Guide (Guide) contains a repeatable, institution-wide approach for the management of application development and/or software procurement and deployment projects. These project management (PM) practices are transferable to other types of projects (beyond IT) that would benefit from project management. The following sections of the Guide represent the ordered steps for each project, to ensure that proper activities and management are utilized:
Step 1. Application of Project Management – distinguishes what types of work should and should not be categorized as projects and includes the general flow of projects from idea into deployment. This step also defines and outlines project management process groups;
Step 2. Project Classification – assigns a classification level to a project based on a combination of complexity and risk; this step also defines projects that require an additional level of management, as defined by State of Texas guidelines;
Step 3. PM Required Processes – details processes required to be completed for each level of project, as classified in Step 2; and
Step 4. Document Management – outlines document management requirements for documents created as part of PM Required Processes
Appendix A provides detailed document templates, based on the State of Texas DIR general templates. Note that DIR announced that templates will change in the fall 2008. At that time, the templates in Appendix A will be updated accordingly. Appendix B offers project management guidelines for portfolio management and Appendix C lists the references used in the development of this Guide.
Step 1. Application of Project Management
Types of Work
The Guide should be used for the management of Information Technology projects. Initiatives categorized as ‘tasks’ or ‘operational’ are not required to follow the project management methodologies outlined within the Guide. Upcoming/potential work should be analyzed to determine which category is applicable:
• Small piece of work
• Independent of a project
• Lasting not longer than a few person-hours
• Involving only a few people
• Meant to accomplish a simple and straightforward goal
• May be a component of operational work
• May require change management processes
IT Project Management Practices Guide Page 2 of 83 ASU, HSC, TTU, TTUS
• Rated as such Project Complexity and Risk Assessment model (Step 2)
• Ongoing work to sustain or provide a service
• Change management processes applicable for non project-related changes
• Temporary endeavor (defined beginning and end)
• Which uses progressive elaboration
• To create products, services, or results
• Texas Project Delivery Framework Project
• Identified in a state agency’s biennial operating plan whose development costs exceed $1 million and either takes longer than one year to reach operation status; involves more than one agency of the State; or substantially alters work methods of state agency personnel or the delivery of services to clients; or
• So designated by the legislature in the General Appropriations Act.
• Such projects are also considered major information resources projects,
You need this app if you are:
•An IT developer transitioning into Project Management role.
•Looking for a quick guide for your Project Management Activities.
•Preparing for an Information Technology (IT) Project Management job interview.
•Interviewing people on their project management skills.
•Interested in refreshing your knowledge on Information Technology (IT) Project Management.
What Will You Learn?
Developed by PMP certified and experienced project managers, this app provides a complete coverage of the fundamentals of project management for software development and other IT projects. The content has been specifically designed to focus on needs of a practicing project manager. So you learn about things that matter in your job role or job interview.
Throughout the course, you will be asked to undertake short quizzes that will test your learning and help you retain the learning better. The final quiz will test you on your overall understanding of Project Management concepts.
The App includes features to bookmark important pages, write down notes and refer to them through the course.
The topics include the following:
1.Big Picture of IT Project Management
--1.1.What is a Technology Project
--1.2.Role of a Project Manager
--1.3.Trends in IT Projects
--1.4 Characteristics of IT Projects
--1.5 Key success factors of IT Projects
2.Project Initiation and Planning
--2.4.Creating Work Breakdown Structure
--2.5.IT Project Estimation (including Function Point Analysis)
--2.7.Project Schedule and Budget
4.Project Change Management
--4.1.Change in Project Scope
--4.2.Change Management System
5.Project Management : Earned Value Management
--5.2.EVM Variances and Performance Indices
6.Risk and Issue Management
--6.3.Risk Vs. Issues
7.Project Quality Management
--7.1.Project Quality Management - Overview
--7.2.IT Quality Management Plan
--7.3.Quality Standards and Models related to IT projects
--7.4.Quality Management Tools and Metrics for IT Projects
8.Managing Project Team
--8.1.Communicating with Team
--8.2.Importance of Delegation
--8.3.Managing Virtual Teams
--8.4.Shared Vs Dedicated Resources
--8.5.What makes a good IT Project Team
9.Project Closure and Documentation
--10.1.Quick Guide to Microsoft Project 2010
--10.2.Software Development Models
--10.3.Types of IT Projects
The Druidendo Promise
Learn what you need to know when you need to know!
Learn on the go, anywhere and anytime!
Free upgrades forever on this course content!
Make your learning fun and effective!
Help Us Improve
We value your feedback – please write to us to share your feedback to make this app even better. If you have any topic which you want Druidendo to cover in future apps, do write to us. You can mail us at email@example.com
Klar strukturiert, verständlich und schnell umsetzbar zeigt der erfahrene Autor:
- Wie Sie Ihre Projekte aktiv gestalten und gezielt voranbringen
- Wie Sie Zeit-, Kosten- und Effizienzdruck meistern
- Wie Sie langatmige Diskussionen umgehen und erfolgreich handeln
Mit zahlreichen Praxis-Tipps!
"Ohne viel Ballast und Blabla, schnelle Hilfe und effiziente Lösungen für die häufigsten Projektprobleme." Financial Times Deutschland
"Kompakt, fokussiert und pragmatisch. Verständliche Worte, leicht umzusetzende Handlungsanweisungen und Checklisten kennzeichnen diesen Ratgeber." Prof. Dr. Petra Kneip, ESB Business School
Die Texte wurden speziell für die mobile Nutzung aufbereitet:
- mit Suchfunktion und Lesezeichen
- die Suche mit Vorschlagfunktion führt schnell zum gesuchten Begriff
- gesuchte Begriffe sind im Text hervorgehoben
Eine Internetverbindung zur Nutzung ist nicht erforderlich.
The Main application is divided into 3 main modules:
1. Process Groups
The process group’s modules give you the pictorial view of a project workflow, with specific tasks listed for each process. The application lists out the tasks involved for these main processes in the workflow:
* Project Initiation
2. Knowledge groups
The Knowledge group pyramid has specific tasks defined for various critical areas of a project management categorized as follows:
* HR Resource management
* Quality management
This module is a handy list of very useful formulas, terminologies mostly used by project managers in their daily duties. The main categories includes:
* Relax reading/Miscellaneous
* High Level Project Management workflow
* Project Management calculations and formulas
* PM Terminologies
* Time management basics
* Cost management basics
* Scope management basics
* Risk management basics
* Resource management basics
* Network and Chart basics
PMP® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Materials used in this application with the permission of PMI® Project Management Institute, Inc.
Features exclusive to the paid version
- PDF export of gantt diagrams, tasklists and resource cost and work
- Exported excel files include resource cost data and task duration
- Synchronize project tasks with the device calendar
- Add project tasks to Google Tasks
- Manual selection of the file export location
- No ad banner
Features in the paid and free version
- Multiple projects
- Overview of tasks across all projects that might need your attention
- View your tasks in a gantt diagram or a simple task list
- Custom calendars allow you to plan your tasks with respect to your working and free times
- Use resources to keep track of cost and work for each task, resource and project
- Add the tasks of your projects to your device calendar or use the app internal notifications
- Import MS Project .mpp-files (additional plugin needs to be installed)
- Load and save MS Excel files (xls, additional plugin needs to be installed)
- Load and save MS Project MSPDI-XML files
- Load and save CSV files as supported by spreadsheet software like Excel
- Notification system to notify you when a task is starting or finishing
- Android Backup Service support to automatically backup your data (can be activated in the settings)
Supported project file formats
- MS Project (.mpp) – read-only support
- MS Excel (.xls) – reading and writing
- MS Project (.xml) – reading and writing
- CSV (comma separated values) – reading and writing
- PDF documents (Paid version only!)
- PNG images
Separately available plugins
- Project Schedule - Contacts (link your contacts to project resources)
- Project Schedule - Office (import MS Project mpp and MS Excel files)
- Project Schedule - PDF Export (paid version only!)
Please report your thoughts about app features, feature requests or bugs by email or use the contact form on the website.
*Used by over 5 million people
*Chosen by Google for their internal use
*Winner: Evernote Platform Awards 2014 Best Business App
Smartsheet for Android key features:
• Check in on tasks or projects and quickly view status
• Share and collaborate on projects with others
• Attach photos or files to task or rows
• Request status updates from others
• Add or update tasks or rows
• View the project timeline or Gantt
• Connect to your existing account or start a free trial
★★★★★ Charles Boyd November 5, 2014
Simple yet powerful -- What I love about Smartsheet is how something simple, like a collaborative spreadsheet, can do so much.
Smartsheet helps you:
• Organize everything for your work in a familiar spreadsheet, calendar and Gantt view
• Collaborate with others in real-time. No more merging spreadsheets.
• Access your work online from your desktop and your Android device
• Share and request status and updates for entire projects or specific tasks
• Use web forms to gather requests or responses and take action on them
• Stay flexible to take on any type of work from simple to complex
• Work seamlessly with all documents and with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and Evernote
Optionally start by importing your existing files from Microsoft Project, Excel, or Google spreadsheet. Or, pick from one of our dozens of templates and modify any of them to suit your needs.
-- Project Plan Template
-- Gantt Chart Template
-- Project Management with Gantt Template
-- Sales Pipeline Template
-- Event Task Planning Template
-- Product Launch Planning Template
-- Project Schedule Template
-- Project Budget Template
-- Task Management Template
-- Event Planning Checklist Template
-- Marketing Calendar Template
-- Contact Management Template
-- Marketing Template
-- Sales Funnel Template
-- Task List Template
-- And more!
Compatible with phones and tablets running Android 4.1 or later.
- Free Project Management Training videos
- Advice, tips and tricks on how to manage projects
- New videos uploaded every week!
Whether you’re new to project management or an expert, you’ll want to learn the latest tips and tricks to keep your project on track. Project management experts Jennifer Whitt and Devin Dean teach you every week using this app, how to delete your projects from start to finish. You will learn about:
-How to start a new project
-Project planning in-depth
-Managing teams and contractors
-Producing deliverables on time
-Managing cost, quality and resources
Watched by over 1 million project managers on the planet, this popular video series will help take your project management to a whole new level. Install this app and then try our software at ProjectManager.com
We’ve just released the complete series of training videos including those streamed on our popular YouTube channel. In the next version, we will have a formal training course and certification to help you get the qualifications you need to manage your projects successfully.
Like a whiteboard with super powers, Trello is simple to use and infinitely flexible. You'll know exactly what needs to get done, who's going to do it, and what's coming up next. Plus, everything you do is synced and saved instantly to the cloud, so that all your devices are always up to date.
With Trello, you can create boards to organize anything you're working on. Use them solo, or invite colleagues, friends, and family to work together.
Write your ideas down on Trello cards and arrange them in lists on your boards. Add details to your cards such as:
• checklists to keep track of to-dos
• comments to update your co-workers
• photos and videos
• who's working on that card
With the Trello app in your pocket, you can make to-do lists waiting in line at the grocery store, assign tasks to your co-worker while you're on the train home, or upload a photo of that paisley couch you saw the store that's just perfect for the house you're furnishing.
Trello is great with Wear! You can quickly reply to comments and create cards from you watch by simply saying Take a note.
For details on which permissions we request and why please see: http://help.trello.com/customer/portal/articles/887749-trello-for-android
- Requires Android version 3.0 or later
**Questions? Bugs? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!
**Love the app? Give us a high five!
OUTCOLLABORATE YOUR COMPETITION. GET WORK DONE FASTER WITH WRIKE PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE.
Wrike (https://www.wrike.com) is a powerful tool to improve your project planning and team collaboration. Trust in a task management app that has already helped thousands — from startups to Enterprise Fortune 1000 companies.
“Its advantage is in its crisp user interface.”
“Wrike epitomizes the flexibility that many of today’s project teams need.”
KEY TASK MANAGEMENT & COLLABORATION FEATURES:
• Create, assign, and schedule tasks
• Discuss work with your team when you’re on the go
• Adjust the project timeline with a few taps on the Gantt chart
• Attach existing images and files to your project plan right from your phone, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
• Take new photos right from the task view to instantly attach them
• Check your to-do list over your morning coffee
• Stay up-to-date with custom push notifications
• Find the information you need, anytime, anywhere
With comprehensive task management and Gantt charts, Wrike is perfect for all your project scheduling needs.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE WRIKE APP TODAY
You can set up your Wrike account at: https://www.wrike.com
Excellent for personal, business and academic goal setting and task management.
such as :
- Goal Setting
- Project Management
- ToDo List
- Task Manager
- New Year's Resolutions
- Software Development
- Home Projects
- Wedding Planner
- Party Planner
- Financial Planner
- School Projects
- Study Guide
- Teaching Planner
- Trip Planner
- Home Building
- Business Plan
- Exercising Program
- Reading Books
- Sports Training
- Weight Loss
- Body Building
- Business Presentation
- Time management
- Shopping List
Planner Goal Planning and Project Management !
- Time tracking
- Create and edit projects, tasks and sessions
- Assign a task to a project
- Each project can be a part of another project
- 3 status can be assigned to each task (To do, Ongoing, Done)
Fell free to give me some feedback or advice