- METARs & TAFs from NOAA
- Airports from Airnav.com & World Aero Data
- Convenient unit converter
- Lots of E6B calculations built in
- Leg calculator makes filling out and checking Navigation Logs a breeze!
- A lot more! Want more still? Ask!
FlightPlan is a native Android application for both professional and hobbyist pilots. At its core, FlightPlan functions as an aviation calculator by simplifying many common calculations typically performed with an E6B slide rule computer. FlightPlan makes quick work of your number crunching, and is even used by CFIs to quickly check their student's flight and leg calculations (see Leg Calculator feature and FlightPlanHD's new Navigation Log screen)
FlightPlan for android will be evolving fast. All new features for pilots and their aircraft will be included free of charge. I'm always looking for user's feedback, so please feel free to email me with suggestions!
FlightPlan for android currently has the following calculations and features included:
- World Aero Data
- Quickly convert between common units, including Avgas and Jet-A1 weights to volumes and visa versa!
- Cumuliform Cloud Base
- Density Altitude
- Heat Index
- Pressure Altitude
- Temperature from PA and DA
- Wind Direction and Speed
- Climb Gradient to Climb Rate
- Course, Ground Speed, Wind Correction Angle
- Critical Point
- Distance for Descent
- Distance from Time and Ground Speed
- Ground Speed Required
- Heading, Ground Speed, Wind Correction Angle
- Leg Calculator (New)
- Minimum Flight Level
- Radius of Turn
- Rate of Descent
- Rate of Turn
- Runway Crosswind
- Time en-route
- True Airspeed, Density Altitude, Pressure Altitude
- True Airspeed (Rule of Thumb)
- Wind Star
- Bingo Fuel
- Fuel Burn
- Fuel Rate
- Fuel Uplift
- Joker Fuel
- Point of No Return
If you notice any anomalies on your device please let me know. It seems to be difficult to predict how the app will look on all devices, and I appreciate your patience while I work through any issues that are reported.
ALLPlayer Remote Control can be used with mini-application installed on your computer, and without it.
1. Once mini application is installed on your PC, you have got ALLPlayer Remote Control (works with ALLPlayer 3.0 and above) and:
- ability to send to your smartphone and tablet any files (such as images, audio, video) without connecting each time a cable to the phone
- ability to control ALLPlayer via the Internet - Wi-Fi is not necessary
- smartphone as a touchpad
- ability to use your smartphone as a remote keyboard
- available information about Internet connection performance in the form of a graph or values
- ability to disable Windows at a specific time
NOTE: Mini-application below HAS TO be installed on your computer, to make it all work properly.
If you want to use a connection via Wi-Fi, computer and smartphone must be on the same Wi-Fi network (when no Wi-Fi, you can connect your smartphone to your computer via the Internet)
2. Without additional application on your PC, ALLPlayer Remote connects to ALLPlayer 5.8 or above through Wi-Fi.
Link to additional mini application on your PC: http://www.allplayer.org/ALLRemote/ALLRemote.exe
The best part? There's no need to ever remember any of it. You can always
access your autopilot passwords and logins – no matter what computer you are on or where you are in the world.
Wifi Pilot is an Airplane Mode management / battery-saver app, intended for Republic Wireless users but may be useful for others as well.
With Republic Wireless' "Hybrid Technology", when you are at home and connected to your wifi signal, there is not much need for the cellular radio to be turned on, and in fact the cellular radio can drain the battery very quickly if you are in a poor coverage area.
That's where Wifi Pilot comes in ... you simply configure it with the SSID (network name) of your home wifi, and from then on when it detects that you are connected to that network, it turns on Airplane mode which turns off the cellular radio.
When you leave your home area and your phone disconnects from the wifi network, Wifi Pilot turns Airplane Mode back off, thus re-enabling the cellular radio.
Wifi Pilot supports up to 8 'known' SSID's, so you can program it to turn Airplane Mode on when you are at home, at the office, the local coffee shop, your friend's house, etc.
It also has a 'temporary' setting that lets you turn on Airplane Mode when you are on an 'unknown' wifi network. It will then turn Airplane Mode back off again when you disconnect from that network, saving you from being 'off the grid' if you forget to do that!
Wifi Pilot can extend the time you get from a battery charge by significant amounts depending on how you use your phone.
In a typical scenario, you might spend 1 hour commuting to work, 8 hours at work, 1 hour commuting home, and 14 hours at home.
If you have wifi at work and at home, Wifi Pilot could keep your cellular radio turned off for up to 22 hours a day, resulting in significant battery savings, all completely automatically!
Wifi Pilot also has a feature whereby you can configure it to turn Airplane Mode back on, when you have the phone on a charger.
This is handy if, for some reason, you want to have the cellular radio on even though you are connected to wifi, when doing so won't hurt your battery life.
Wifi Pilot turns off the cellular radio by turning on Airplane Mode.
If your phone is set up such that turning on Airplane Mode also turns off the wifi radio, then there will be a conflict.
Wifi Pilot detects this condition and tells you about it, and doesn't attempt to turn on Airplane Mode in that situation.
There are several apps available to help you set up your phone so that Airplane Mode turns off only the cellular radio and not the wifi radio; you'll have to use one of them to set it up properly before Wifi Pilot will work.
You can find them with a search phrase such as "airplane mode cellular wifi".
BitWorks Apps would like to thank matthewc, a fellow Republic Wireless user, for code contributions to this project.
Pilots use radio navigational aids (NAVAIDs) to go from point to point across the country. The problem is that the names and identification codes can be confusing and hard to remember.
NAVAIDer is a quick search tool that searches a database of VORs and NDBs without an internet connection! Search by the NAVAID's name, ID (2 or 3 letter code), or do a partial name search.
• Search by ID code
• Search by full or partial name
• US NAVAIDs
• Canada NAVAIDs
• Central America NAVAIDs
• Caribbean Islands NAVAIDs
• Bonus: Quiz Feature
ATC: "123ND you are cleared direct Brickyard direct Wilkes-Barre."
Pilot: "...uuhhh... what are the ...uuhhh... phonetic codes for those?"
Simply enter a NAVAID name (or part of the name) and the and the identifier will appear. Or do the opposite: enter a 2 or 3 letter NAVAID identifier to get the full name and state/country of a VOR or NDB.
Bonus: VOR quiz. Learn the names of VORs from around the US!
Try the free version (limited features): http://goo.gl/1Z2EY4
Tags: Flight Planning, Aviation, Avionics, FMS, FMS Helper, Collins, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Boeing, Airbus
This is currently a fully functional beta version including the trip import feature. It has an estimated expiration date of April 28, 2014. Full version will be available for $6.99 after the beta version expires.
****Saved data will NOT be lost upon expiration of beta version.
**NEW** - Added a download/update crew list feature to the 'Day View' page for United pilots (Legacy Continental and Legacy United CCS users). To use, click on the '↓Crew' button from the 'Day View' page top button bar. You can then view the updated crew list categorized by flight numbers from the 'Day and Month View' pages. (Must have the 'United' option selected for the main preferences page 'Trip Import' category first.)
- Import trip feature available for the following airlines:
* UNITED AIRLINES
* PIEDMONT AIRLINES
* REPUBLIC AIRWAYS
* JETBLUE AIRWAYS
* VIRGIN AMERICA
* JAZZ AVIATION
* GOJET AIRLINES
* SPIRIT AIRLINES
I will be glad to work with pilots from other airlines to extend this trip import feature to them as well.
- Automatic backup of all logbook data to SD card (if inserted), or native phone memory (certain phone models).
- Keep track of overs / unders. Choose from 3 options: None, By Flight, or By Day.
- The ability to save crew member names and comments.
- The ability to track actual AND scheduled out, in, and total times separately.
- The ability to backup or restore flight data to and from SD card manually.
- The ability to export logbook data to a CSV file.
- Display flights by 'Month' or by 'Day'.
- The ability to view your schedule in a calendar.
- The ability to choose which page the application displays at start up.
- Crew rest calculator for computing break times for long haul flights.
- 'Totals' snapshot page for quickly viewing total flight hours in the last 7 and 30 days, 6 and 12 months, as well as landing currency (last 90 days).
- The ability to get Metar(s) and Taf(s) for any airport.
- The ability to check live airline flight status information
- The ability to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
****Feel free to rate or leave comments, however I can not respond to comments here. If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments that you would like a response to, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
****If you work for an airline other than Continental Airlines please contact me and we can work together to extend the pairing import feature for pilots from your airline.
*** This is a beta version. If you have any suggestions, questions, or problems, please email us at email@example.com. Eventually we’ll re-launch Smart Logbook as a paid app, but there will also be a free trial version available. You’ll be able to seamlessly upgrade from the beta or trial version to the paid app. ***
After you log your flights, Smart Logbook keeps them safe by automatically saving your data to our secure servers. If you upgrade or lose your phone, you can restore your flights to your new phone in seconds.
*** Online sync is free for the duration of the beta. When we launch the paid version of Smart Logbook, it will be an optional add-on subscription service. ***
Here’s the current list of Smart Logbook features:
- Database of 20,000+ airports (USA, Canada, Mexico).
- Find airports using the GPS, or by entering an ICAO, IATA, or FAA code.
- Automatic data sync that makes switching phones super easy.
- Customizable for commercial or private pilots. For example, you can use Zulu or local time, and enter durations as hours/tenths or hours/minutes.
- Automatic entry of estimated night flying time based on the route and date/time.
- Automatic entry of frequently used durations. For example, if you’re a First Officer and you log Second in Command time on every flight, Smart Logbook automatically pre-populates your Second in Command time when logging new flights.
- Totals screen. See your total flight time, time by type (PIC, Instrument, Night, etc.), approaches by type, and takeoffs/landings (day, night). Filter totals by date or aircraft.
- Interactive map that shows where and how far you've flown.
- Search for flights by flight number, airport code, or remarks.
- Free-form flight notes.
- Export flights to Excel/CSV.
Here are a few features in the pipeline:
- Flight import.
- Track currency, ratings, and certificates.
- Pay tracking (for commercial pilots).
- User defined airports.
Advanced Accurate Information.
* Optimized displays work on tablets or phones.
* Smart Record Creation incorporating intelligent learning, auto-completion of linked fields and a day/night calculator which computes both time, take-offs and landings, makes creating flight records in Cirrus the simplest and easiest of any pilot log book app.
* Integrated Crew Pictures which captures and displays your crew mates pictures and integrates those pictures seamlessly into your flight records.
* Flight Record Validation checks records for completion errors and simplifies record correction by drawing the users attention with highlighting.
* Search flight records by aircraft type, registration, crew member or station.
* Time Summary breakdown covering both recent and total time.
Extend Cirrus's features by purchasing the CirrusKey app and get:
* Auto Cloud and Local Backup and Restore functions.
* Exportable Log Book which can be viewed or printed from any computer with a standard web browser. This HTML Log Book also includes crew picture capabilities.
* Import other electronic Log Book Records with the Log Import Wizard.
Feature of the Free Version:
- The application allows the user to customize the Pilot Hours Report, so the user can select an date interval and the application will calculate and return the report from YYYY/MM/DD to YYYY/MM/DD.
- The application also gives an total hours report on each start.
- The Pilot is allowed to save the flight as draft if he’s not sure about some flight details, or he can edit the draft during the flight, to make sure that there is nothing to forgot. After editing and saving the draft, the pilot is allowed to save the draft as flight. By saving the draft as flight, the flight will be moved from drafts.
- For the moment the Pilot is allowed to edit the flight. The hours report is given only for flights.
- The user is able to export and import the data to/from SD Card.
Feature of the Premium Version:
- Multiple types of custom hours report.
- Cloud Sync.
- No flights or draft limits.
- The user is able to export and import the data to/from SD Card.
Fell free to submit the bugs at:
If you like the application, feel free to buy the premium version, which removes the flights limit, adds more features and offers user support by email.
To buy Premium Version of Pilot Logbook by ITB Studios, visit our website.
This E6B program is not only the most powerful on the market but provides pilots an especially easy to use interface. Rather than pages of formulas, simply enter what you know and the E6B will provide all the parameters it knows how to compute! Like all Avilution apps, this program was developed for pilots by a pilot!
If you get within 2 minutes of potentially losing your licence, AirspaceAVOID will alert you by sight and sound, giving you the opportunity to change track and avoid that embarrassing radio call that no pilot wants to hear.
If you're not entirely confident of your chart notations of amendments made between re-printings, AirspaceAVOID is for you.
Other apps show airspaces and might have airspace warning, but are their airspaces reliable for your region? Check the fine print - many are not!
AirspaceAVOID airspace is fully maintained by the PocketFMS Foundation. We pride ourselves in maintaining all airspace throughout our supported regions (USA, Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) complete and fully up to date, with periodic updates which coincide with the AIP airspace amendment cycle, available for purchase at a reasonable price. We can vouch for the timeliness and quality of our data.
AirspaceAVOID will not let you down in the cockpit.
To further help you not stray off track, AirspaceAVOID provides easy and simple Direct To GPS navigation & import of multi-leg flightplans created in PocketFMS - keep the plane as close to the GPS track line on the moving map while avoiding the places you shouldn't go, and you'll arrive in the shortest time with the least stress.
That's what AirspaceAVOID offers - it takes care of the most important tasks with a minimum of fuss. It uses quality data and is reliable, simple, easy to use, and at the most affordable price possible.
AirspaceAVOID provides a radar-like Moving Map display of your location, airports and airspace boundaries against a stark black background for maximum focus on the most important aspects of VFR navigation using GPS. If you prefer, current aviation charts and approach plates like country ICAO/CAA VFR or DFS produced Visual 500 may be purchased as backgrounds for selected regions. Also, beautifully clear and detailed, continent-wide PocketFMS basemaps are available for all our supported regions.
AirspaceAvoid requires minimum Android 2.2.
- Sometimes the app doesn't start on first attempt; starting the app a second time then always works.
*Other firmwares _may_ also work*
Auto App2SD lets you move all installed apps from the phone to the sd card (and also the other way round) without the need of of moving each app manually.
Just select all apps you would like to move, click the "move" button and the app will do the rest for you.
*This is the full & ad-free version*
** Please note **
Device must be rooted when using Android 4.2 or newer for airplane mode switching to work due to a Google restriction.
Languages: English, Portuguese (thank you to C Nunes) and Russian (thank you to A Samsonov), please get in touch if you wish to translate for your language
Save battery power and save being disturbed by automatically toggling various settings. For example enabling airplane mode overnight saves battery and means you can’t be disturbed by notifications, phone calls or text messages.
Toggles available are:
Airplane mode on or off (requires a rooted device if running Android 4.2 or newer)
Auto synchronise on or off (stops emails and push notifications without turning the radio of completely)
Bluetooth on or off
Screen brightness set to auto, manual or a specific brightness.
Sound on or off
Sound volume level can be set to a user selectable loudness, for example have a lower volume set while at work, and have it turn up automatically when home.
Wi-Fi on or off
Vibrate on or off
New for version 1.3 is an auto postpone option (enable in the settings menu). With auto postpone if the device is in use at the time of a toggle, and that toggle would potentially cause a problem because it turns something off, this toggle will be postponed. Once the device is no longer in use the toggle will run a few minutes later.
Backup to Google
New for version 1.3, Toggles and settings are now automatically backed up to the phone or tablet Google account if backup and restore is enabled in the devices setting. This means on resetting the device and/or re-installing Timed Toggles, all previous settings are restored.
To use, launch the application, click the + icon and add your first toggle. Add as many toggles as is needed for different times and days of the week.
Permission friendly. Timed Toggles does not want to know your devices identity and has no permissions to allow it to talk to some unknown server. Also ad free and nag free.
Permissions used are:
Run at startup: When an Android device is restarted, it forgets any reminders that applications have asked for. This permission allows Timed Toggles to reset its own reminders on restart.
Prevent phone from sleeping: This is often known as a wake lock. This lock is only held for a second or less, just long enough to allow the transition from airplane mode on or off. Without this lock the phone can go back into deep sleep too quickly before the setting change has taken effect.
Modify system settings: Allows changing the settings for airplane mode on or off.
Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi Allows a timed toggle to be set to turn on or off Wi-Fi
Vibrate Allows the application to vibrate the device if selected in settings
Bluetooth Required to allow the app to turn on or off Bluetooth
(airplane scheduler, airplane scheduler, auto airplane, auto airplane, flight mode scheduler)
This is completely free; there are not even ads! In-App Billing is requested for future use; it is not yet used.
The app is an electronic version of an altimeter and vertical speed indicator (VSI) designed for pilots to use easily. It does not replace the need for an approved altimeter in your aircraft, but that does not mean it doesn't work. I envisage its main uses are as an emergency altimeter if the one on the aircraft fails, and as a tool to allow trainee pilots to learn the basics of altimetry.
It displays feet above the datum which can be expressed in either hectopascals (equivalent to millibars) or inches of mercury. There are buttons to decrease and increase the pressure datum by 10 units and 1 unit, and there is a special button to use to select pressure altitude which instantly sets 1013.25hPa. In this mode, it shows your flight level as well as the pressure altitude.
I have also added the capability to display a rolling 30s history of indicated altitude and vertical speed. How accurate is your straight and level flying? What about your level turns, rate 1, medium rate or steep? You can't focus on the altimeter or VSI while you are turning! With this, you can look at how well you did after the fact.
Perhaps you use an autopilot and you want to know how well it holds your level? This is probably the exact tool you need!
I have now tested it while flying and it was reading about 60 feet high on the Cardiff QFE. That seemed to be consistent through the circuit when comparing its reading to that of the altimeter within the aircraft.
If you intend to make use of it while flying, please read the more extensive notes here beforehand:
In particular, I do not recommend that you use this as your primary reference to altitude.
You can also leave comments on that page. You can access that page through the "About" entry of the menu.
A screen rotation causes loss of historic filter data at present. All that means is that you have to wait a few seconds (depending on the filter strength) to regain accurate indications and for the rolling history graph to catch up.
This version will not tell you if samples of pressure stop coming in. I'll add that feature back in soon.
I expect to fix the above problems in future versions.
Check out these high level features:
- FREE! No ads! Yes, really!
- Dual pane LAYOUT FOR TABLETS!
- Add an unlimited number of your own CUSTOM FIELDS for data entry!
- FREE CLOUD BACKUP through Dropbox!
- Share PRINTABLE reports of your flight time over email, to Dropbox, Evernote, or other services you may use to manage files.
- Access your data on multiple android devices through Dropbox backup / restore.
- Analyze your flight time with complex queries using the Query Builder. For example, know exactly "How much time (and landings) do I have as PIC, at NIGHT, in the PAST 90 DAYS, etc. Find out fast with FlightLog!
- HH:hh and decimal format for display and entry supported.
- Date formats mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy supported
FlightLog is a brand new app for logging your flight time. It is designed with a simple, yet elegant interface that you'll enjoy using.
FlightLog uses an Aircraft organizational approach to log entries to help get you all kinds of cool stats on your flying at the tap of a screen. It'll all make sense soon, I promise!
FlightLog is still very new and evolving quickly. There is a lot more to come! Please send me feedback, and if you love the app, please rate it and let other know!