Tap or hold to move; move into enemies to engage them in melee, or tap spells to cast them. Tap your character's portrait to view your current stats, and even though character death is permanent, it's also half the fun!
Can you take down Mephistopheles? The Endless Depths RPG challenges you to get past hordes of enemies from giant bats to skeletons to demons and overpowering giants. Down into the depths you will go, dodging traps and collecting weapons. And if you have enough luck and skill, you will face off with the lord of demons himself.
Endless Depths RPG Features:
* A rogue-like RPG with a strategic combat system
* Randomly-generated dungeons
* An open-ended character system allowing for dozens of skill combinations
* Hundreds of monsters, dozens of spells and plenty of great loot to find
* OpenFeint compatible with over a dozen achievements to unlock
Powered by the TitanFire RPG system, Endless Depths creates strategy in combat by putting the emphasis on defenses like blocking, parrying and dodging. While other combat systems are about whittling down the red bar of your opponent's health, TitanFire is about breaking through the enemy's defenses using abilities like quick strikes, set up maneuvers and feints. The magic system plays a similar role, with most spells being blockable and all spells being dodgable. The system is augmented by the freedom to choose up to three different skill sets.
Endless Depths RPG is a rogue-like game, a category that includes classics like Rogue, Moria, Omega, Angband and even newer games like Diablo.
GET FIXES/HELP HERE: http://disinterest.org/broguex/
- If you have a smaller screen and the display appears corrupt, see the bug list for an explanation/workaround.
- The move tapping layer turns the screen into an invisible keyboard. See the Android "help" menu option for details.
- If your device has a smaller screen, the display may appear corrupted. This is because the font is a bitmap font, and cannot be scaled down small enough. Ensure the "move tapping layer" is turned off. Use the pinch gesture to zoom in, drag the map view to fit, and then turn the "move tapping layer" back on. You may not be able to see the item/monster/health bar on the left-hand-side of the screen. This will be addressed in a future update.
NEW TO BROGUE OR ROGUELIKES?
If you are not familiar with Brogue, or the Roguelike genre, then you should go to the following web site and download a free version for your Mac, Linux or Windows computer. If you like it and want to aid development of a mobile version for your Android device, then come back and purchase this work in progress.
Download Brogue for your Mac, Linux or Windows computer:
WHAT IS A ROGUELIKE?
What is a Roguelike? Most modern games have art representing the game world. This presents someone else's vision of what their world looks like to you, and that is what you experience. A Roguelike is a game that uses letters and symbols to represent a game world. This means that once you have familiarised yourself with them, you engage your own imagination to build a picture of the game world. Take a step forwards back into an improved world viewed through text! :-)
BROGUE IS FREE BUT THIS IS NOT?
Yes, you are encouraging me to keep an Android version of Brogue up-to-date.
BrogueX (like Brogue) is open source, and you can download my modified version of the Brogue source code and compile it yourself for your Android device. Every time I publish new changes, you can at no cost, compile your own version and install that. Stop reading, don't pay, go and do it!
Or save yourself the bother and buy BrogueX, and get updates automatically.
Here's the various source code locations:
WHAT DOES BROGUE'S AUTHOR THINK OF YOU SELLING THIS?
Pender, Brogue's author, as approved it as long as it is made clear that this is not the official Android port of Brogue. Nowhere have I claimed this, and here this is made explicit.
CAN I RELEASE A FREE VERSION OF THIS APP?
It is open source. But if you release another version of this, please:
- Provide your own source code releases and support for them
- Make it clear it is neither the official Brogue or my version BrogueX.
Infinite Dungeons levels are procedurally generated and are different every time you play but just to mix things up there are also over 75 pre-designed levels that the game will switch in which contain additional features like keys, doors and switches.
Infinite Dungeon Includes
Over 80 different enemies
Over 75 Designed levels
Over 120 Unique Items
3 difficulty settings
4 Races and 3 Classes
Multiple Tiered achievements
Finally the game features end of section bosses on level 10,25,50,75 and 100!
Infinite Dungeon is a Rogue Like / Roguelike at heart but has been designed so that anyone can enjoy it and with a control scheme that suits touch.
All that's left is to ask is how far into the Infinite Dungeon can you delve?
(!!Note) - There is a known issue with the Galaxy S3 which may also affect other high resolution phones. The controls do not display correctly and it crashes in landscape. please try the demo first to ensure it runs acceptably. You can change the control method from the menu and play in portrait to somewhat get around the problem but it is far from ideal.
Dungeon Ho! is a brand-new entry into the Roguelike genre, developed from the ground up with its own custom engine.
* 10 distinct character classes, each with their own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
* 20 different monster types, with multiple variants of each
* Huge, randomly-generated dungeons in multiple locales such as tombs, forests, and caves
* Crafting, including equipment and functional combat pets
* Primary and secondary quests
* Intuitive, touchscreen-friendly UI
* Original, atmospheric soundtrack
* Ongoing development to add more features and content
Want to show you're a Dungeon Ho? We've got swag!
Hardcore Droid magazine gave us a four-star review! Read it at
Multiple game modes and control styles to uncover plus many rescuers to save means you'll never stop enjoying this dangerous dungeon! FREE roguelike action brought to you by Quikding, the best in the biz.
With graphics by the lovely Monge.
Down the Dungeon (DownTheDungeon) is a roguelike retro dungeon crawler inspired by old games like Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master with movement in 4 directions and "fake 3d". Another source of inspiration has been roguelikes and the game features a hardcore "party permadeath" mode but also a softcore non permadeath mode for those who prefer that..
(Please note: This is a heavy graphical game so it might run slow on low end devices.)
You play a party of adventurers that gets selected by the King to go on a quest to retrieve an evil magical artifact that is a threat to the land. The King has already sent many famous heroes down the dungeon but all failed. Now he desperately follows the advice of the royal astrologer who picked you for the quest, even though you all are inexperienced. Have you what it takes to complete the quest and save the land?
This game is extremely hard and very action oriented. It's often better to avoid certain monsters than to face them, at least in the beginning. For the really brave there is also an option to play with less that 3 characters.
Here is some more info about the full game:
The party can have 1-3 characters (a warrior, a rogue, a wizard). They get a chance to level up when reaching a new dungeon level or by killing special monsters.
11 huge levels and all are created randomly so no game is the same (2 levels are playable in the demo).
10+ types of monsters and 20+ different abilities (most monsters have 3 abilities).
20+ types of items,
Rune memorizing system for wizards, but spells can also be cast from scrolls and wands.
A hardcore mode with "party permadeath" but as long a at least one character is alive the others can be resurrected. There is also a softcore mode for those who prefer an easier game.
A "diablo style" tap-based inventory with 9 slots to put items on a character and a backpack with 15 slots.
Run from the knights as you venture deeper into the forest. Fight monsters; open chests; drink from fountains. Make it far enough and you may even find a shrine which holds the power to defeat the knights! Or just hug trees. You know, whatever you're into.
3 EXCITING classes: Warrior, Archer, and Runner!
Also, there's a bird!
Did I mention Froblins?
Create a character based on one of the three starter classes: Squire, Huntsman or Wizard. Use interesting items such as the Treacherous Plume, the Daredevil's Sleepingbag, and the Time Shift Device! Equip powerful trinkets such as the Badge of the Dragon and Cloak of Curses, and wreck your opponents with abilities such as Squirrel Launch, Honing Execution and Summon Bees! Fight deadly monsters like the Leaping Hag, Zomzludge and Nightmare Dwarf!
This version has up to rank 4, allowing you to go through over 70 monsters and 3 challenging bosses. Expect it to be a lot of fun, just don’t expect it to be easy!
Launched into space, you are a machine with a single objective. Return to earth and annihilate the entire human race.
Recently updated with a brand new campaign. Now you get to slaughter humans AND suicidal hamsters!
- Harvest Resources
- Construct Buildings and Defenses
- Slaughter Humans
- Slaughter Suicidal Hamsters (before they do it themselves)
Features an open ended weapon upgrade system. You choose whether to litter the battlefield, concentrate on a single monolithic turret, or anywhere in between.
Please note, only a 1280x800 tablet will work. This is most tablets, but not all. A 7" tablet is not likely to work correctly. Users confirm Google's Nexus 7 does not work.
Also, zero permissions! I'm sorry, but I do not need to collect your text messages and browser favorites and sell them to advertisers. I'm here to make games, period.
All game, no fluff.
See the website for not so blurry screenshots
- One finger to select and build units
- Double tap a unit to select similar units on screen
- Two fingers to navigate the map (Not using your thumb seems to work best)
- Alternatively you can use one finger on the minimap
This game is extremely difficult. The easy difficulty is just easier than normal, it does not make the entire game "easy". I recently rebuilt the game for the iPad, and died about 7 times on level 3 on normal. This game is not for the mass market.
If the game is not working on your device, and you have missed the 15 minute refund window, please email me and let me know so I can process your refund. Sometimes android just does not work.
I have 70 confirmed transformer prime owners, and it works fine on most, on a couple it does not work at all. That's just the way android is unfortunately. I've tried debugging the game with quite a few users. Sometimes we fix issues, sometimes there is just no explanation.
Survive the invasion of the supernatural, the robots, the monsters.. the world needs you!
Version comes with advertising! if you don't like it, get the paid version :)
★TouchArcade 4/5 – “Groundskeeper2 is an entertaining action game that will keep you busy blasting bots for bits and bobs for a while”
★Paranerds 9/10 - "It's fast-paced, easy to play and addicting, all the while being charming, funny and filled with fantastic music and art"
★Android Rundown 8/10 - "This is just another well-done 2D action game from Orangepixel, and well worth checking out."
★148Apps 4/5 - “Groundskeeper2 is a fun and furious action/shooting game that keeps players coming back.”
★PocketGamer - Bronze award - "A big old bundle of laser blasting fun, Groundskeeper 2 does what it does with style and a cheeky smile"
Groundskeeper2 throws you in the middle of a war, the war with supernatural robots from outer space.. yeah.. we went there!
Every time you play this game you will get further and have a better chance at surviving. You'll unlock new weapons like the machine-gun, laser-gun, rocket-launcher, and tools like all-destroying lightbeams, shields, time-slowdowns, and more!
What's more important, you'll unlock new worlds and hopefully become a true hero for the resistance... or you die a quick death and try again..
- unlockables, a LOT of unlockables
- fast paced arcade action
- unlockable weapons
- always changing gameplay (levels are randomized)
- unlockable worlds
- big bad ass robots
- achievements, leaderboards
- and did we mention a lot of unlockables?
if you run into problems or the game wont work on your device, instead of just rating 1 star, you could help us fix it by providing feedback!
keywords - retro 2D dungeon crawling rogue game golden axe nethack RPG roguelike rogue adventure casual game roleplay
Xperia PLAY Optimized
MOGA controller supported
Green Throttle controller supported
NVidia Shield supported
+Google Play Game services
Control mappings are similar to ADOM and NetHack - to see an in-game listing of controls, hit the ? button.
If you like No Way But Down (or hate it for that matter), please rate it and add a comment with your rating. For more complicated suggestions, please shoot me an e-mail - I can't respond to Market comments. Additionally, feel free if anything is confusing - or doesn't work correctly - to e-mail me. Or leave a comment on the forum on my wobsite.
Note that this is the paid, ad-free version. If you hate ads and like me, then this is probably the one you should download. There's no other difference between the two versions.
Version 0.3.2 - 4/4/2014
* Added colors to most screens.
* Can use various sort orders in inventory screens.
* Use button is fixed - occasionally, when scrolling, you'd use the wrong item. Bummer.
* New monster types.
Version 0.3.1 - 9/22/2013
* Global highscores added - http://letsbeard.com/viewscore.php
* Walk command added
* Various bugs fixed - one sneaky player found a way to cheat death
* Add ability to examine items in inventory for further details
* New items
Version 0.3.0 - 12/8/2012
* Initial ad-free, for-pay edition.
* Bigger and betterer maps.
* The manual has been updated!
* Map creation is faster and more robust.
* New items.
* Many monsters on the screen will now run reasonably on most devices.
* UI will now appropriately scale to the size of your screen, no matter what font size you select. It will look a LOT better on tablets, though the initial font size might not be great. I'd like to set up some settings to save those sort of preferences but it's not done yet.
* Prep work for tile support (not done but now within reach).
* Feel free to visit the newly created forum to harangue me about changes, suggestions, or bugs: http://letsbeard.com/phpBB3/
More from developer
Initially made for the "Seven Day Roguelike Challenge" the game got a complete overhaul. Pitman will let you die a thousand deaths ... and make your survival especially satisfying!
* RPG - create the hero you want, like a dwarven sorcerer or a powerful warrior
* turnbased - for a tactical course of action
* 3D boardgame style - build the world while playing
* randombased - no game will be like the one before
If you have any bug reports, please don't hesitate to mail us (click on "Pitman Support" and select one of the E-Mail addresses), and tell us the circumstances of your problem.
Portals and three dimensional levels add a twist to the simple but addictive gameplay, an additional challenge for your brain cells. Earn all the gold stars by being especially clever and fast!
* Simple: just rotate a big box full of boxes
* Intuitive: screen swiping, iPhone rotation, good ol' buttons - choose your style!
* Various: different colors - portals - three dimensional puzzles
* Difficulty: from easy peasy to brain melting
* Addictive: collect stars for your fame
* Up-to-date: expect more levels in the future
TUMBLOX - the mental exercise on your iPhone!
"A game mechanic as simple but addictive as you can imagine (...) Fact is, the game shines with finest retro graphics and appropriate psycho-music buzzes from the speakers - a successful presentation in the whole." (www.iPlayApps.de)
"For those players who want to have a puzzle to wrestle with instead of easy levels in ‘pick up and play’ type games’ this is an excellent game choice. (...) In all, an impressive puzzle app." (www.appreviews4u.com)
"Tumblox is extremely well done." (gottasolveit.blogspot.com)
"The game knows (...) how to motivate and never is unfair. The retro look grants the game a unique atmosphere. Altogether (...) it can be said that Tumblox offers a fair amount of levels, a heap of puzzle fun and a well-thought gameplay principle." (www.appflussreiniger.de)
"Funny retro graphics and sounds make the game round." (www.appgefahren.de)
"I tried it and it's very cool. The controls are great and the puzzles are very challenging! It's great fun to play :D" ('legowiz' on www.toucharcade.com)
"The game is challenging and will keep you entertained from start to finish (...) The retro graphics and arcade music greatly complement gameplay as well." (www.appadvice.com)