Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
Metam is everything you've wanted for your aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. Finally, with the latest version you can now overlay global METAR data onto maps (Android 3.0 and up only). Quickly see fight conditions are you, display wind speed to get a mental picture of the situation. Two on any airport or days marker to get the full METAR and TAF for that airport.
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.2 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
JEPPESEN WEATHER CHARTS (courtesy of Jeppesen):
* Products: Surface, IR Satellite & Lightning, Icing, Turbulence, High SigWX, Flight Level Forecast
* Covers: Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and Mexico
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport Status, US Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
IATA codes supported: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Tactical Decision Aid (TDA): Displays TAF data in a color coded graphical matrixt
* Six hour METAR history: Show the last six hours of METAR reports
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* Built-in global airport database: Don't know an airport's ICAO code? Look it up!
* Location aware: List airports within 50NM
* Snowtam decoder: Decodes Snowtam codes into plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: Choose your preferred unit
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: to fetch nearby airports and locate you on map (optional).
Read/modify/delete USB storage: required for Google Maps.
Network access/view network connections: internet connection to download data.
Read Google service: required for Google Maps.
Google Play billing: In-app donation (if you choose to do so).
Join the Metam User group community here to help shape the future of Metam:
Feedback or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid Lite:
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
*** Note for old version owners: due to NOAA website changes old versions are not working properly and not supported so please update to latest version . Cheers ***
a great application for retrieving and visualizing updated METAR and TAF information.
You'll find all MetarDroid Lite features plus:
- Widget (NEW)
- Coloured weather phenomena
- Metar and Taf sharing
- Coloured visibility and ceiling for VFR operations
- Copy metar and taf to clipboard for use with other apps
or for offline use
- Favourite list
- Metar and taf of favourite location loaded at startup
- History of recent metar and taf searches
- No advertising
*** Note for old versions: due to some changes to NOAA website old versions are not working so please update to latest version to fix the problem. Cheers ***
Thanks to all who donated to me by buying this version of Metar Widget. But it now goes free as it will not receive anymore support / updates. Thanks again. Fly safe.
Metar Widget Donate is a simple app that allows you to check METARs in a blink right from your homescreen.
Features of Metar Widget Donate:
features of free version:
- METARs from your favorite airport on homescreen
- quick access to latest METARS and TAFs from widget
- quick access to aviation weather website from METARs/TAFs list
- 2 extra widgets (4x2 and 4x1) displaying raw metar data ( Simple and Tiny widget).
- choose your own widget background/text color and transparency.
- 4 different prest widget backgrounds to choose from
- Save up to 5 airports to browse through on widget
- access PIREPs right from widget
- 5 different list colors
- possibility to search for airfields/airports offering METARs within 50NM of the airfield/airport of your choice.
!! depending on your Android version and/or launcher :
- download and install
- long press on homescreen -> add widget->Metar Widget
-go to app drawer -> select widget on top of screen->scroll to Metar Widget->long press to add to homescreen
*** IMPORTANT : Metar Widget IS NOT AN APPLICATION INTENDED TO USED FOR FLIGHT PLANNING BUT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Please don't forget to rate my app ! Thank you.
At the moment, it is possible to search by ICAO-Codes. A search by airport name and city follow soon.
- 4,770 airports in 193 countries
- Search by airport name or ICAO code
- Create a list of your favourite airports
- Search option to find your closest airport
- Decoding is done on the phone so network traffic is minimal
- Option to view the aiport in Google maps
- Link the airport Wikipedia entries (if applicable)
- Fully customse the units used for all displayed information
- Export you favourite airports
No Subscription fee!
AirWX brings you Aviation Weather on your Android Device! AirWX gives you METARs (International), TAFs(International), NOTAMs (US Only), Weather Charts (US Only), Radar Images (US Only), and Approach Plates (US Only). Plates are automatically saved to your device.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the premium version and is 100% Ad free, and has no limitations.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
More from developer
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.