a great application for retrieving and visualizing updated METAR and TAF information.
You'll find all MetarDroid Lite features plus:
- Widget (NEW)
- Coloured weather phenomena
- Metar and Taf sharing
- Coloured visibility and ceiling for VFR operations
- Copy metar and taf to clipboard for use with other apps
or for offline use
- Favourite list
- Metar and taf of favourite location loaded at startup
- History of recent metar and taf searches
- No advertising
*** Note for old versions: due to some changes to NOAA website old versions are not working so please update to latest version to fix the problem. Cheers ***
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid Lite:
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
*** Note for old version owners: due to NOAA website changes old versions are not working properly and not supported so please update to latest version . Cheers ***
Announcing Metam 3.0 - now with METAR data overlay on maps.
Metam is everything you've wanted for your aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. Finally, with the latest version you can now overlay global METAR data onto maps (Android 3.0 and up only). Quickly see fight conditions are you, display wind speed to get a mental picture of the situation. Two on any airport or days marker to get the full METAR and TAF for that airport.
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.2 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
JEPPESEN WEATHER CHARTS (courtesy of Jeppesen):
* Products: Surface, IR Satellite & Lightning, Icing, Turbulence, High SigWX, Flight Level Forecast
* Covers: Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and Mexico
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport Status, US Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
IATA codes supported: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Tactical Decision Aid (TDA): Displays TAF data in a color coded graphical matrixt
* Six hour METAR history: Show the last six hours of METAR reports
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* NOTAM: Cached for offline use, parsed effective times (Android 2.3 and up only)
* Global airport database: Look up ICAO by airport name
* Location aware: List nearby airports
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: User chooses
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports and self (optional).
Read/modify/delete USB storage: required for Google Maps.
Network access/view network connections: download data.
Read Google service: required for Google Maps.
Google Play billing: In-app donation (if you choose to do so).
Metam User group:
It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
Many times the ICAO code for a given airport is not known when you need it. Instead of searching for the ICAO code, MetarPlan displays the METAR stations and other airports
directly on a map.
Just tap the screen and you will retrieve current METAR and TAF.
Route selection is a powerful method to create a selection of airports along your route.
When you Refresh, all stations marked subscribed METAR and TAF will be retrieved in one go.
Long tap the map and you will see all airports within a given radius. This feature is very handy when you want a quick look at a certain area. Tapped airports are only temporarily displayed and will be removed when leaving the Map View. The area radius can be adjusted.
There are over 13,500 airports in the database. About 4,600 airports has METAR/TAF information.
The database is continuously updated.
Important updates, application, database and other information will be broadcast to all MetarPlan users.
You will see a large yellow sign on the Front page with text “Message from MetarPlan”. Tap the sign to display the message.
MetarPlan has been tested on modern cellphones like Samsung Galaxy S2, LG Optimus 2X. MetarPlan is running on different tabs such as Samsung Galaxy tab.
Thanks to all who donated to me by buying this version of Metar Widget. But it now goes free as it will not receive anymore support / updates. Thanks again. Fly safe.
Metar Widget Donate is a simple app that allows you to check METARs in a blink right from your homescreen.
Features of Metar Widget Donate:
features of free version:
- METARs from your favorite airport on homescreen
- quick access to latest METARS and TAFs from widget
- quick access to aviation weather website from METARs/TAFs list
- 2 extra widgets (4x2 and 4x1) displaying raw metar data ( Simple and Tiny widget).
- choose your own widget background/text color and transparency.
- 4 different prest widget backgrounds to choose from
- Save up to 5 airports to browse through on widget
- access PIREPs right from widget
- 5 different list colors
- possibility to search for airfields/airports offering METARs within 50NM of the airfield/airport of your choice.
!! depending on your Android version and/or launcher :
- download and install
- long press on homescreen -> add widget->Metar Widget
-go to app drawer -> select widget on top of screen->scroll to Metar Widget->long press to add to homescreen
*** IMPORTANT : Metar Widget IS NOT AN APPLICATION INTENDED TO USED FOR FLIGHT PLANNING BUT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Please don't forget to rate my app ! Thank you.
and it is FREE!
List your operational airports.
Quickly check current METAR conditions.
Be informed - install Aero METAR today.
- METAR available decoded and raw format.
- Add airports by Name, ICAO and IATA code.
- Auto Refreshed every 15 minutes.
- Uses low internet bandwidth.
- Intuitive layout and design.
App has been developed by RocketRoute one of the worlds most innovative flight planning app companies. For more information visit www.rocketroute.com.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely. Other pilots agree:
"I love the presentation of information on the screen. The colors are great and the interpretations are pretty much idiot proof." -Adam Zucker, Pilot
"First thing I thought was WOW! I love how quick it is to get the information quickly into my brain. Love the maps and other weather graphics. Love the TAF decoder." -Andrew Ohnstad, Pilot
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Feature/Shortcut List: NOAA weather, crosswind calculator, runway crosswinds, cloud ceilings, METAR decoder, TAF decoder similar to ForeFlight, historical METARs, airport weather, nearby airports, TFRs, NOTAMs, AFD airport info, DUATS, weather widget, weather warnings, personal minimums, aviation minimums, surface visibility, gusting wind reports, winds aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, density altitude, weather for flying, aviation weather for pilots and more!
This app is not designed to search for cities or towns; to get weather information you need to put in the ICAO airport/base identifier. These are four letter identifiers like KMDT (Middletown, PA), PAKN (King Salmon, AK), and KIAD (Dulles, VA). Or put in IATA identifiers, which are three letter identifiers like IAD (Dulles, VA).
Lastly, since this app is a pet project so there are no guarantees. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for new features feel free to e-mail me.
- Latest aviation weather overview for your area (within Germany)
- Graphical GAFOR
- METAR and TAF (single report, location based search and flight routes)
- High resolution RADAR images of Germany and Europe
The App is provided free of charge, however access to the pc_met briefing system of the Deutscher Wetterdienst is required. No additional username or password is needed, you could use the same login as on www.flugwetter.de.
More from developer
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.