This app is focused towards children who are curious to learn about the countries of the world. However, we have found that many adults use this application too. The simplicity in the interface and interactivity through Text-To-Speech, make it a favorite reference app for all.
This app is developed in collaboration with SNA Power - Software and Technology Division http://snapower.net/tech/
Brain Tutor uses rendered head and brain models as well as fiber tracts that were created from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of a study volunteer. The MRI data allows to look "inside" the brain using real-time slicing at millimeter resolution. For students, cognitive neuroscientists, medical professionals and everyone interested in the brain, the program provides information about the anatomy and function of the human brain with various atlases describing and visualizing lobes, gyri, sulci, Brodmann areas, subcortical structures, selected specialized functional areas and major fiber tracts.
With Brain Tutor you can:
* Explore high-resolution 3D models of the head and brain in real-time.
* Visualize major white matter fiber tracts.
* Slice the brain along three axes (sagittal, axial and coronal).
* View MRI brain slices at millimeter resolution.
* Learn from text information about the functions of selected lobes, gyri, sulci, subcortical structures, Brodmann areas, functional areas and fiber tracts.
* Learn where brain structures are located both within 3D brain models as well as in MRI slices.
To get started:
* Tap on a 3D brain model to reveal a brain area at that location.
* Switch to another atlas and a specific brain area or fiber tract using the navigation tables.
* Select a 3D model (left/right/both brain hemispheres, head) from the tab bar buttons at the bottom.
* Pan with one finger to rotate a brain model.
* Pan with two fingers to move a brain model.
* Use pinch gesture to zoom a brain model.
* Select the head model to switch to head slicing mode.
* Toggle between navigation and slicing mode by tapping the slicing icon at the top right.
* In head slicing mode, pan with one finger to move the slicing plane through the head.
* Tap on a slicing direction icon in the top bar to switch between three orthogonal slice planes.
* Tap on the displayed name of a selected brain structure to read text information in a popup dialog.
This app has been designed and programmed by Prof. Rainer Goebel, a leading expert in anatomical and functional brain imaging and award-winning developer of scientific software. For more information about his work, see http://www.brainvoyager.com/RainerGoebel.html.
It is easy and fun to play this picture game. The objective of the game is to label a picture. To play, just
a) Select a game you want to play by hitting the ‘Play’ button
b) Select one of 3 label choices and move it to the appropriate part of the image. If the label matches with the part, you WIN. If you get it wrong, just try again. A new label is unlocked when you get a label right, till you complete all labels in a level.
So, are you up for the challenge?
Games included are:
1: Plant cell (Free)
Did you know that plant cell is the basic functional unit that makes up a plant eventually? A plant cell consists of numerous parts like chloroplast, cell wall, golgi, nucleus, mitochondrion and more.
Game 2 to 6 can be purchased for $1.99 only.
2: Human heart
Did you know that human heart starts beating on 21st day in our mothers’ womb? The fist-sized organ weighing 250-350 grams is responsible for the continuous blood circulation in the body. In this game, you can identify many parts including left& right atriums, left & right ventricles, aorta, pulmonary valve and more.
What did we study in first biology anatomy class? was it an amphibian? Frog!!! This awesome game will remind you of those ‘frog’ days. Play and identify cloaca, lungs, liver, gall bladder and more.
4: Human eye
Our eyes look deceivingly simple, but it is so complex and beautiful. Did you know that human eye can recognize over 10 million different colors! Explore different parts like lens, cornea , sclera, choroid, iris, retina, central retinal artery & vein and more.
5: Animal cell
Cells are smallest living biological structure. Did you know, an adult human body is made up of 210 different cell types? Identify cilium, nucleus, nucleoplasm, perioxisomes, cytoplasm, ribosomes, lysosome and more.
6: Human Kidney
Kidneys are vital, as they work as a filter for our blood. They are responsible for creating & excreting urine from our bodies, and balance different parameters in blood such as electrolyte level, acid base balance, & they even regulate blood pressure! In this game identify cortex, papilla, ureter, medulla, interlobar artery and other parts & learn more about kidney.
7 - 11: can be purchased for $1.99 only!
7: Internal Organs of the Human Body
Cells make tissue, tissue makes organs and different organs together makes the human body work. Can you identify the major organs in a human body, such as the spleen, lungs, liver, gall bladder, kidney, small intestine, stomach and more.
8: Human Ear
We all know ears are for auditory purposes. But do you know they maintain balance and positioning of our body as well? Here you will know about the cochlea, eustachian tube, incus, tympanic membrane, and other parts of the ear.
Skin is the restless guard that is protecting our underlying structures and muscles, bones, ligaments and all the other organs. Do you know what this largest organ of our body is made of? Play this game and know instantly if your knowledge is more than skin-deep! Check out the different layers, sweat glands, sensory nerve endings, hair root, dermal papilla and more.
An adult human body consists of 206 bones to be exact and this game will give you a fine opportunity to learn human skeleton structure and its functions. Can you identify Carpals, Fermur, Sternum, Sacrum, Vertebrae and more?
Human brain is the magic box. Nobody fully knows yet how it works and it would require studying for all through your life to know it all!. You will have to identify Cerebellum, Pons , Cerebral Cortex, Hypothalamus and many more parts.
Whether you are student, teacher, or simply interested in biology - this game is for you! Enhance your knowledge and have fun too. Play it now.
More from developer
for enterprises. Using SmartKiT, you can empower you workforce with training, knowledge sharing, and
performance support services. SmartKiT is a device-independent solution that can be accessed by all leading
smartphones and tablet devices.
With SmartKiT, enterprises can
1. Encourage information sharing and collaboration for your remote, mobile and offsite workforce
2. Empower your employees with Just-In time learning for improving productivity
3. Deliver business critical information as a job performance aid to your field workers