Hurricane tracking on a Google Maps background. Shows the tracks and forecasts of active hurricanes tropical storms. Also highlights areas the National Weather Service (NWS) is watching for possible development. Covers the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific Basins. Provides access to NWS forecast information including tropical outlooks and discussions, public advisories, forecasts, and satellite imagery. Also includes up-to-date US radar and weather satellite data.
The toolbar on the left allows you to toggle on or off each of the storm, radar, and weather satellite layers.
Check out the options -- you can select the ocean basins you are interested in, choose between three graphical themes, and select your preferred wind speed units.
Contact us with suggestions or bug reports.
You must have a device that has Google maps installed to use this app.
Looking for free? Try our ad-supported version. (No radar or weather satellite overlays) --
Hurricane Impact features news and updates throughout the hurricane season that goes beyond traditional hurricane tracking. The app features:
* Our blog posts, complete with graphics and videos, are posted to the app the moment we post them to HurricaneTrack.com - a trusted hurricane news and information site since 1999!
* Live wind speed and pressure data from weather sensors that we place in the path of a landfalling hurricane to provide users with real-time weather data plus a LIVE web cam image from the location of our weather equipment
* Newly added and exclusive SURGE CAM - a live web cam developed just for Hurricane Impact that will bring a live image from the landfall area showing the storm surge as it increases along the coast.
* During hurricane season, users will benefit from our daily video blog that explains the current and forecast goings on in the tropics. Plus, our 16 years of experience in hurricane analysis and preparedness will be evident as we give details on the IMPACT of tropical storms and hurricanes. It's not just about the category or a point on a map - you'll understand what to expect and then we will take you there with our field mission reports and live weather data and web cam images.
* During our field missions Hurricane Impact will be an excellent resource for users to know what is going on with our "boots on the ground" field updates. That's right! We will take you in to the eye of the hurricane with as many video blogs as we can push out. This was a very successful part of our initial launch last hurricane season with over 40 video blogs delivered to the app from the landfall zone during hurricanes Isaac and Sandy.
* We have developed our own tracking maps as well as specialized Tropical Cyclone Heat Potential tracking maps that not only plot the current and forecast positions of storms and hurricanes, but also give the user the added benefit of seeing the upper ocean heat content along the forecast path. Only Hurricane Impact has this feature!
* Our Twitter and Facebook updates are posted in the app for easy following of our social media interaction. URLs open just by tapping them from within the app - a nice feature to view pics as we post them.
* We also cover off-season weather such as winter storms, severe weather threats and more.
When hurricanes threaten land along the United States coastline, only Hurricane Impact will have live weather data feeding in to the app in real time. Only Hurricane Impact has the exclusive and innovative Surge Cam to show you what is REALLY happening where the hurricane is making landfall. There is simply no other hurricane related app that puts you in the middle of the hurricane utilizing cutting-edge technology and experience like Hurricane Impact.
Add Hurricane Impact to your tool box of weather related apps today!
More from developer
You will have access to Hurricane Warnings, Hurricane Watches, Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available.
This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property.
With TorWarn 2.0 you will have access to Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available. This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property.
With TorWarn Pro you can now get updates at much faster intervals. We have also added the option to use a Zip-code instead of your current location if you choose to do so. In addition to Tornado and Severe watches and warnings you will also have access to all winter weather type warnings and hurricane warnings.
*****If you previously purchased this application, or my spotter location application please contact me with your name and email you purchased with and I will get you a copy free of charge after verifying previous purchase.*****