From the upper steering position, to the engine room and jet space below deck, take a look around the RNLI’s new Shannon class of lifeboat, the most agile and manoeuvrable all-weather lifeboat in the fleet using your Google Cardboard headset.
Explore every space in the lifeboat in 360 photo-spheres allowing you to see all the detail as though you’re there in person!
To see the Shannon in action in 360 degree video, visit our YouTube channel and look for the 360 video playlist.
To learn more about the RNLI’s lifesaving work, please visit our website at http://RNLI.org.Instructions
1. Use WiFi if possible its a 70 Meg downloadThis app has been specifically optimized for Google Cardboard, but works well with all popular smart phone VR viewers.Credits
3. Run the app “VR Tour”
4. Crank up the sound or use headphones
5. Relax you have time to insert your phone into your case
6. You have two choices – training mode or free roam (if this is your first time using the app we recommend starting with the training mode to learn how to move around)
7. Once in the app, look down to return to the pontoon
8. When you’re at the pontoon, look down to exit
Please feel free to distribute the viewer. It is free, as seen but not to reverse engineer, build upon or copy. Use of the Photo Sphere viewer conveys no rights over the content presented. The Photo Spheres and sounds remain the work of the original creators and are all subject to the Creative Commons Licence or their individual permissions. No endorsement of the viewer is implied. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.en. Every care has been taken on building this viewer. It uses tried and tested software packages in the unlikely event of any problems or issues caused by installing or using this software the publisher can accept no liability for any issues.
Any suggestions or issues that you feel would be worth bringing to our attention please visit our Facebook page Facebook.com/RNLI or send us a tweet @RNLI