Hexplore is an application which allows one to create a collection of soundtracks, becoming a treasure hunt list with augmented reality. Based on a system of markers which the organizer downloads and prints, the organizer places these logos/markers within the designated area. The organizer then creates a scavenger hunt list on his/her mobile phone, which will be used by the participants. These augmented reality markers trigger sounds and mappings. These mappings are retrieved from the collection and the participants may also listen to the sounds retrieved from the scanned markers in the order of their discovery. After the experience, the participant may also listen to the markers which were not found during the treasure hunt and continue exploring to complete his/her map.
1. Download the application;
2. Download and print the markers (http://www.yannickgueguen.com/HEXPLORE/app-hexplore.pdf);
3. Hide markers within the designated area;
4. Invite the participants to find and scan the markers;
5. Go back inside to compare results;
6. Listen to sound markers which were not found;
7. Discuss the sounds listened to.