OPERATION REACH OUT is designed to:
* Encourage people to reach out for help when they are having suicidal thoughts.
* Help those who are concerned about family members, spouses, or fellow service members who may be suicidal.
* Provide a personal contact help center.
* Provide activities to help people who are depressed stay connected to others.
Users are prompted to enter phone number for people who will respond in a time of crisis.
The help Center comes pre-loaded with phone numbers for suicide prevention hotlines and it is then customizable by each individual user.
HELP FOR SUICIDAL PEOPLE
12 Compelling video vignettes explain important facts,
You problems can be treated.
There are other solutions.
Suicidal crises are almost always temporary.
Your problems are rarely as great as they appear.
HELP FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO PREVENT SUICIDE
10 Compelling video vignettes explain what to do, and not do, when a person is talking about suicide, such as:
Don’t be afraid to ask tough questions.
Find out if the person is drunk or has overdosed on drugs.
Remove any potentially harmful objects.
Make sure the suicidal person understands that help is available.
Redcliffe City Rotary Club is known as the 'Friendly Club' and now you can have ready access to our photos, news updates and social media properties in the palm of your hand.
* Access our blog and newsletter updates
* Get directions to the Club's dinner meetings
* Connect with the Club on Facebook and Twitter
* See the latest Club photos
* Find out about the Club's history and current projects
All in the one convenient place.
Have you got any feedback for our app? We would love to hear from you.
If you live in the Redcliffe, Qld area and would like to find out more about the Rotary organisation and our Club please contact us via the app or come along to a dinner meeting.