Over 500 FIREFIGHTER questions, many with explanations, divided into these chapters:
--Fire Service Orientation
--Incident Command System
--Ropes & Knots
--Search & Rescue
--Intro to Hazmat
Firefighter II Chapters:
--Assisting Special Rescue
--Fire Control II
--Detection Systems II
--Loss Control II
--Fire Cause II
--Prevention & Education
Plus we have a section of visual picture-based quizzes, because we all like to look at pictures, right?
Over 75 DRIVER OPERATOR/UTILITY questions divided into these chapters:
--Types of Fire Apparatus
--Inspection and Maintenance
--Operating Emergency Vehicles
(we're planning on adding Pumper questions in a future update)
As a special bonus, we're added more quizzes covering these related topics:
--Medical First Responder (over 125 questions)
--NIMS IS-700 (over 25 questions)
--Wildland Fire (25 questions)
--CPR Reference Guide
THAT'S OVER A THOUSAND QUESTIONS TOTAL!
-11 keys to passing your interview.
-38 of the most common interview questions, with answers and strategies.
-An overview of the firefighting profession, from people who know, and how to build your experience.
The oral board, or interview, is generally the toughest part of the hiring process. Most of the candidates have similar qualifications - what matters is how you present yourself! This guide demystifies the process and breaks it down into concrete steps that you can follow in order to advance.
If you are fresh out of a fire academy or EMT school, if you are serious about becoming a professional firefighter, get this app! It will break down the process and save you a lot of time figuring it out on your own.
If you are more seasoned, have taken a few tests or even done a few interviews, use this app to hone your skills. You will probably get an idea of how to improve, and even where you have been messing up.
★ About the Author ★
Cal Blake has been a volunteer and professional firefighter since 2005, and a paramedic since 2008. He received a BA from U.C. Berkeley. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Field Apps makes reference guides for rescue workers.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
★★★★★ Kids Vehicles 1: 3D FireTruck games for toddlers was developed by an award-winning education studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills app, in cooperation with educational specialists.
Become a firefighter! Drive and play with the fire truck games for toddlers! Save the world from fire! Amazing 3D games for little firefighters and drivers of firetrucks!
Interactive 3D Fire truck games by 22learn is an app filled with activities that encourage young children's imagination, play, and exploration. In four games, children drive a fire truck, explore it, extinguish fire, and learn to locate hidden tools and truck parts. This will become every child's favorite toy!
Interactive 3D Fire truck is an educational app that will help your toddlers and preschoolers develop problem solving skills, knowledge about fire trucks, and attention control.
☆ DRIVE THE FIRE TRUCK (FIRE ENGINE):
Start the fire truck's engine, rotate the steering wheel and run around the room as the camera of your device projects the surrounding environment onto the truck's windows! It will look like you are actually driving around your house! Really, it is so much fun! You have to experience this yourself!
☆ EXPLORE THE FIRE TRUCK:
Rotate fire truck and observe it from various angles. Play with the lights, start the engine, draw the ladder, honk the horn, turn on the fire truck siren, open doors, press all the funny little buttons, discover fire truck's tools and more!
☆ EXTINGUISH FIRE:
Be a hero. Be a fireman. The world needs your help! Tap on the fires to extinguish them with your powerful fire hose!
☆ LOCATE PARTS OF THE FIRE TRUCK:
Wanna be a firefighter? First, you need to educate yourself! Familiarize yourself with tools and fire truck parts and locate them as quickly as possible! A funny twist on a classical seek-and-find game!
With four engaging activities, tons of realistic animations and sound effects, child-friendly interface, and a colorful, fire truck-themed design, Fire truck is going to be every child's dream come true toy. Plunge into the world of little superheroes and open doors to your imagination with this amazing app brought to you by 22learn!
Practice Quizzes, Flashcards, Skill Sheets, Scene Checkoffs, and MORE!
The Firefighter Pocketbook lite is a training tool for Firefighters based off of the Firefighter Pocketbook Pro version. Here a 42 question quiz is presented, where you can test your knowledge of firefighting activities, and 52 Flashcards for review. Also a demonstration scene checkoff section where 6 scenario scenes are presented. All of the Skill Sheets that are provided in the full Firefighter Pocketbook are present here and allow users a reference for keeping their skills current. If you like what you see here, upgrade to the full version for a comprehensive study guide for firefighting.
If you are a student going through class you will benefit from this app. Simultaneously, so will a seasoned veteran that is trying to stay current on recent developments.
The material has been prepared and verified with 2012 NFPA and IFSTA text books. Over 550 practice exam quiz questions and 700 flashcards are available in the Pro version found in your devices app store.
The Pro Version is divided into these sections:
- Study: Practice quizzes, and exam questions to keep you current. As an added bonus, 700 flashcards for review. If you are taking a class or just reviewing, these will keep you updated. Firefighting terms and reference information as well.
- Checkoffs: The many different types of scenes that an emergency responder can find themselves in are included here with the ability to check off necessary functions. The checkoffs section is divided into three sections. Medical, Firefighting, and Technical Rescue.
- Library: The library section contains a firefighting REFERENCE TERM section, and a FIREFIGHTER SKILL SHEETS section that includes most of the skills that any firefighter should be proficient in. Use both as a training aide. More material to come soon.
5 components differentiate us from our competitors:
1. A Bookmarking feature that allows the user to save difficult test questions, or flashcards for later study. This allows the user to tailor the experience to their needs.
2. Explanations so that the user learns from every exam question and flashcard.
3. Over 550 Exam Questions and 700 firefighting Flashcards prepared by Firefighting instructors that are involved in both EMS/Fire education, and running calls in the streets. This enables the material to be relevant for students and to prepare you for the real world.
4. A Scene Checklist section is added so that the user can review the multiple types of emergency scenes and practice situational awareness and comprehensively managing a scene.
5. Material that has been developed by Firefighting educators that are current on latest developments. Our material has been developed for the Android user and cannot be found on a website somewhere for free. Other material is built to assess, ours is built to teach.
Please feel free to Email any questions or concerns to: email@example.com, we are always willing to help in any way. Enjoy our app and stay safe out there.
Taking tests is hard! BE PREPARED.
Contribute your knowledge. Help us build our ASL Video list. Submit as many single words or phrases that are used in the field and we will add them if appropriate the next time we film.
• 185 Emergency signs
• No internet required
• Suggest a new ASL sign
• Loop video
• Slow motion
• Swipe screen to see next video
NOTE: If you are a hearing person there is no Audio/Sound in this app.
NOTE: Please do not use this app to replace a live interpreter. This app is intended for educational purposes only!
Firefighting and firefighters have become ubiquitous around the world, wildland areas to urban areas, and on board ships.
According to Merriam Webster's Dictionary, the English word "firefighter" has been used since at least 1903. In recent decades it has become the preferred term, replacing the older "fireman," since many women serve as firefighters, and also because the term "fireman" can have other meanings, including someone who sets or stokes fires - exactly the opposite of the firefighting role. (Wikipedia)
With the ever increasing demands for continuing education in this field, it is imperative to take advantage of anything that will help you keep you edge. This app was designed for you. With over 600 Fire Fighting Terminologies separated into a fantastic array of Multiple Choice Quizzes, Flash Cards, and a handy Android sized Dictionary, you will be able to learn at your schedule.
Every kid dreams of what they will do when they are a Big Kid. Big Kid Life embraces themed role-play, while teaching kids new skills.
Big Kid Life Firefighter is appropriate for 4-7 year olds.
Rampaging Fire Monsters are on the loose in Big City –chasing kitties, scaring puppies and setting things on fire! Don’t worry, you are a firefighter – you can do something about it! Use your special backpack hose to drench Fire Monsters, use ladders to climb past obstacles, and save kitties and puppies – all while practicing your skills with numbers, shapes and symbols.
• Color and Shape Identification
• Number Sequencing and Sorting
• Great Than/Less Than Recognition
• Counting by 10s
• Numbers 50-100
The first level of Big Kid Life Firefighter Lite is free to and additional levels are available for purchase for $2.99.
Big Kid Life Fire Fighter is part of the Fingerprint Network of games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets kids and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
Targeted for Android 2.2 and up.
- Calculates the PDP, Flow, and Estimated Time to Empty for all discharging lines configured on an Engine
- Supports defining elevation on each line layout
- Supports SAE and Metric configurations
- Enter SAE measurements in standard formats and values will automatically calculate to decimal form (1 3/4 calculates to 1.75)
- Calculator for Relative Humidity using Wet-bulb Temperature
- Calculator for Hose Friction Loss
- Calculator for Hose Coefficient of Friction
- Configure multiple line layouts per Engine
- Supports gated "wye" (2 or more discharges from in inlet) operation on one line layout
- Create custom hoses, nozzles, and appliances for use in line layouts
- Edit hose length, diameter, coupling size, and coefficient of friction
- Edit nozzle type (smooth, fog), diameter, pressure, and flow
- Edit Appliance friction loss, number of discharges, and flow
- Buttons allow for quick calculation of smooth-bore nozzle flow if given pressure or pressure given flow
- Edit Engine volume, flow, pressure, and number of supported discharges
- Edit Source pressure and flow
- Export a database to share with other FireDog users
- Remove existing databases
- Database pre-loaded with 11 hoses, 18 nozzles, and 9 appliances for both SAE and Metric units
Please e-mail us suggestions/problems. We will work hard to resolve any problems you might experience.
Uses WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission for database exporting.
For training/educational purposes only.
- Fixed DB deletion bug where last DB alphabetically was being deleted regardless of which delete button was pressed.
- Fixed DB selection to ensure the correct DB was being edited upon a selection change.
- Fixed bug where if any Line (connected or not to engine) had no attachments, no other lines could be set to discharge.
- Added code to remember last selected database.
- Database list is now sorted by name.
- Line titles will scroll horizontally if the name is too wide.
- Added validation code to the Hose Coefficient of Friction, Relative Humidity, and Hose Friction Loss calculators.
- Added decimal support for the above calculators.
- Updated decimal validation so any previous field that allowed decimal values should be more user friendly.
- "Fix" for Gmail attachments caused unwanted dialog messages to appear when any file was opened on the local device. Now, only files in the file system ending with .fdb will be recognized as the file type for FireDog. This means that users will have to save their e-mail attachments to their local storage before they will be able to import databases.
- Added validation code to the database import activity and prompts user when an error occurs during import.
Prepare for you firefighters certificate from a fire academy or technical school, or professional and volunteer fireman use this app as a reference or for a review. Use the built in tutor feature to ask the community a question.
Includes more than 1100 multiple choice quiz questions, flashcards.
Also, includes glossary with common terms and definitions for nine learning modules
1. Fire Behavior and Classification
2. Fire Equipment
3. NFPA Numbers and Codes
4. Buildings and Fire Protection
5. Fire Cause and Investigation
6. Key Spanish Terms for Firefighters
7. 500 Fire and Fireman Questions
8. EMT-Paramedic Fundamentals
9. My Custom Learning Module
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with the Firefighter news feed
Keywords: firefighters, fireman, fire, safety, fire alarm, fireworks, volunteer fireman, fire, fire safety, forest fire, brush fire, fire station, burn regulations, fire training, rescue squad, fire prevention education, fire drill, fire safety, fire setting, smoke alarms
The app has a couple features that we think are pretty cool:
Explanations: Learning is the end result that we hope to produce. To do that we must provide reasons for why certain answers are correct and how other answers are incorrect.
Self-Assessments: Assess yourself in each section before you take a practice to test to see which areas you need to spend the most time studying.
Tutorials: Once you take the self-assessments, study with the tutorials to help you improve in the specific areas that you need it most.
The app is divided up into the following areas:
Study Plan and eBooks: These sections will give you tips for studying and taking exams.
Assess and Study: This section includes self-assessment quizzes and tutorials. Test your knowledge of an individual section and then use the tutorials to study.
Practice: This section includes 5 practice tests with over 110 questions each. You can view your results to see the correct answers and explanations, and your results will be displayed by section so you know the areas you need to work on the most.
We hope that you enjoy the experience of the Firefighter Entrance Pocketbook. If you have material that you think would help others in their job as a Firefighter our content writers are always willing to review any material. Please send any comments, thoughts, reviews, ideas, etc... to: Code3apps@yahoo.com Thanks and be safe out there.
The calculation portion performs several often used calculations for hose pressure, water needs and hose flow. The calculations it supports are:
Hose Friction Calculation
Required Pump Pressure Calculation
Fire Flow Calculation (NFA)
FireFlow Calculation (Iowa)
NFPA 1231 Water Supply Calculation
Nozzle Reaction Calculation
Fog Nozzle Reaction Calculation
Nozzle Flow Calculation
The Placards section provides images of the various USDOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Placards from Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Transportation.
Included are images from all Class 1-9 placards. After clicking on the placards, the text description that applies to each placard is provided as well.
★★★★★ “Kids Fireman is a great app that will let your toddlers discover the world of a fireman via a fun interactive games play" by funeducationalapps.com
★★★★★ “If your kid wants to be a firefighter and you need to show him how it’s like then Kids Fireman is the best choice” by kids-apps.mobi
“When left alone with my phone, my son has recently been choosing to play this application a lot by himself. I am impressed that he has learned how to dial 911 from playing with the app after some practice, something that I hope in real life never comes up, but it is important for him nonetheless to understand how to do it.” by giggleapps.com
“It is a super duper fun game! And I love touching all the buttons” by youngest customer
If your children love firefighters, this app is a must have! Go through the life of a firefighter from the moment the fire alarm sounds at the fire station to putting out the fire and rescuing a cat. It is fun and interactive with exciting background music.
Slide up, slide down, move, touch and poke various objects with real sound effects and colorful scenes. Children will feel like a firefighter. Explore and find out all the fun, silly and informative things that are very much part of a firefighter's daily life. This app is full of activities that your children will love.
Kids Fireman is made by a parent, tested and approved by a firefighter.
* Pick up the Receiver and Dial the Emergency Number
* Look inside the fire station. Ring the bell. Poke the dog.
* Slip-slide down the fire pole. Open the closet.
* Dress a firefighter
* Drive a fire truck
* Control the steering wheel. Sound the siren and two-way Radio on the fire truck
* Check various fire equipments on the fire truck
* Put out the fire in a building
* Climb up a ladder and rescue a cat.
* Play with Sparky (Fetching, Poking, and Petting)
Please check out images and video clips from fire station at http://on.fb.me/bJIgdP.
Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/DuckyLuckyStd.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical issue.
Ducky Lucky Studio is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7
Categories: Creative Play, Environment, Games, Music
“Firetrucks: 911 rescue (educational app for kids)” is the new app for a kid who even once imagined himself as a fireman, rescue or lifeguard!
This game will bring your kid from sandbox to backyard’s grassplot where your little firefighter will have a chance to save heroes' life. Rescue needs you kid to be courageous, smart and even kind-hearted. No doubts he is!
What’s new for this game? Almost everything! There are so many kinds of firetrucks, is it amazing? In the app you’ll find 7 exciting and widely(absolutely) different firetrucks: offroad firetruck, vintage firetruck and etc. Thanks to the app your kid will learn a lot about fire cars, their components and their purposes in use. ‘Cause they looks like real!
There is an awesome and crucial(important) task for each kind of firetruck. Performing tasks your kid like a little rescue gets stars. The app will bring your little fireman to the sick of action and make him a real app’s hero!
Don’t be afraid of the little player’s misunderstanding of the tasks. His heroic’s intuition and propmting posters on the background will help him to overcome all the difficulties.
There are lots of beautiful animations with great video and sound effects that wil catch your kid's attention. So the app is the best way to have an educational fun with your kid!
And also your kid will probably become a firefighter, a rescue man or a lifeguard. So we (Thematica’s team) will be happy, and you (a great parent) will be really proud, and the whole world will be secured!
• Stimulates kid’s creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Makes the educational process about firetrucks unusual and interesting.
• Has a colourful graphics and exciting sounds.
• An unusual and interesting way to learn about different vehicles.
• Fun to play again and again.
• Exciting and realistic vehicle sound effects.
Get more games from Thematica’s team:
“Cars in Sandbox: Construction” - is a fun way to learn about construction vehicles.
“Space rovers” - amazing space adventures with cute mars rover Curiosity.
More from developer
Along with the key statistics related to nearly all major areas in the United States, it answers questions such as:
* What are the highest paid occupations in your community?
* What education level do nurses typically have?
* Where should you live if you want to be an umpire?
* What do aerospace engineers really do?
* Where are the highest paying jobs for teachers? Engineers? IT Professionals?
* What is the average salary of a cab driver?
Once you find the occupation of your dreams, you can even find jobs that are now available in your area. Our search engine looks at thousands of direct company websites to find current openings for you.
Great for students trying to decide what they want to do after graduating.
Great for professionals trying to understand how they compare to others in their profession.
Great for tourists who want to know what people do for work in a given location.
Great for HR professionals researching salary levels.
Great for those looking to relocate to somewhere in the United States?
Besides, aren’t you "dying" to know what morticians make? Don't you want to learn where "hot" professions like explosives workers are employed? ;-)
Give it a try! You’ll love it!
You can use Salary Search to find pay information for a specific occupation, or to search by key occupation attributes to find careers that meet specific criteria.
What are the top paying jobs for people with Masters Degrees? That are growing in size? That are connected to the Green Economy? That are located in New York?
What are the Top 10 careers for people in Atlanta, by pay? With HS Degrees?
Salary Search aims to answer these questions -- and much more. Included in the results are the education profiles for each profession, showing the percentage of people with HS, Assoc, Bachelor, Master and PhD levels of education, along with descriptions of the occupations and growth trends.
Give it a try! You may be amazed at what the data reveals!
Salary Search is the LITE version of the popular Career Search App (A Top 200 App on iTunes).