Learn how the Lakota lived. Experience the Lakota language. Improve math skills.
In Making Camp Lakota, players practice multiplication and division skills. They’ll also be introduced to Lakota history, culture and language.
Earn points by solving math problems and answering social studies questions in the village-building simulation game as you earn items to customize your tipi.
Created with the Thunder Valley Community Development Corp., Making Camp Lakota is the the FIRST fully English/Lakota bilingual, cross-curricular math video game. Language of instruction is controlled by the player on every screen within the game, including text, audio and video content. It can be played in English, Lakota or flipping between the two. It is the second bilingual game in our Making Camp series.
Whether you are a Lakota speaker, a Lakota language learner or hearing Lakota for the very first time, Making Camp Lakota has something for you!
- Choose from “Numbers” to work on your math skills or “Life” to learn about traditional Lakota life on the plains.
- Choose from hands-on math activities where problems are randomly generated, so you can play them again and again.
- Learn and earn by watching videos on math and social studies.
- Customize your own virtual world, building and filling up your tipi with 20 different interactive items.
- All math items are aligned to state and national standards. Meets Common Core aligned.