- That's why we decided to reach out to The Amazing Phraso, our phrasal verb expert, to see if he could help us with the visual part. In this application, we can find animated illustrations of 100 phrasal verbs set in the circus world of our main character Phraso and his friends.
- Frequently, phrasal verbs can have more than one meaning. In the examples we've chosen, you can sometimes find the most common and well-known meaning while other times we use the more obscure one. In any case, you can always find an example sentence in English and the translation into five different languages. We've also included other meanings when they are useful or necessary to fully understand the phrasal verb.
- We hope that the Phrasal Verbs Machine will help you lose your fear of phrasal verbs and show you that, with the right tools, using them is easier than it looks. We hope you find it useful!
Understanding and learning phrasal verbs feels like a minefield.
This app allows you to learn and practice 1900 phrasal verbs. It’s 100% free and no internet connection is necessary.
This app uses a learning technique based on spaced repetition. It’s useful when acquiring a large number of items and retaining them in memory long term.
You will have time to be familiar with the new phrasal verbs and then you’ll be asked to do a series of exercises, organised into learning cycles. You can decide what phrasal verbs you want to learn- the app will automatically propose more if necessary.
You can also browse phrasal verbs one by one to see their meaning and uses.
To make sure you retain it in your memory, repetition does not happen randomly:
you don’t waste time on reviewing phrasal verbs you know well and the system will assure you review things you really need to review, because the system collects information about the words you remember and the ones you don’t.
There are four types of exercises, each of them represents a different level of difficulty:
- Let the right one in: Complete the sentence with the right phrasal verb
- Two of a kind: Match the phrasal verb and its definition
- Lost for words: Complete the sentence with the right phrasal verb (verb and particle will be apart)
- Unscramble: Complete the sentence with the right phrasal verb (letters are all apart)
Install it and get started!
A phrasal verb is a combination of a verb with a preposition or particle. Look up, break down and work out are examples of phrasal verbs.
Phrasal verbs are difficult to learn and this app provides explanations, examples and practice tests to help you.
Separable Phrasal verbs
Unseparable Phrasal verbs
Phrasal verbs with 'break'
Phrasal verbs with 'come'
Phrasal verbs with 'get'
Phrasal verbs with 'give'
Phrasal verbs with 'live'
Phrasal verbs quiz
Each section has an explanation and a practice test.
There are more than 75 questions in this app.
A scoring system helps you keep track of your progress.
We have the most powerful dictionary on the Play Store. Search, sort and filter by level, type, dialect and more!
Still confused about the meaning of a phrasal verb? Look it up in our comprehensive dictionary, with more than 3,000 definitions and examples. Hear how each word sounds with audio pronunciation. Filter by level, type, dialect and more.
Put your knowledge to the test with a quiz, try to beat your own records and challenge your friends, with integrated Google+ achievements and leaderboards.
Start a regular learning habit by building a streak. Every day you study increases your streak.
Particles are not random! They have meaning. Learn the metaphorical meaning of ´up´, ´down´ and other prepositions with our fun lessons. Learning is fast and effective with our short, fun lessons based on cognitive linguistic theory by experts like Lakoff and Chomskyf.
This app is free to download and has small, unintrusive advertisements at the bottom of the screen. 20 animations are included free of charge. Up to 100 extra animations can be purchased inside the app.
* Tablet friendly
* Clean, intuitive UI
LIBRARY - Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
- 3,000 definitions and examples
- Filter by level, type, dialect
- Audio pronunciations
- Track verbs studied
- Create a ´favourites´ list
CINEMA - Video animations
- HD Quality
- 20 animations for free (more available for purchase)
SCHOOL - Lessons & Quizzes
- Lessons which are short, fun and visual
- Multiple Choice Quiz
- 30 second Challenge (answer as many questions as possible in 30s)
- Idioms and Phrases dictionary: look up and view details of each item.
- English Proverbs
- American Slangs
- Quiz: test your knowledge.
Dedícale unos minutos cada día y acabarás aprendiéndotelos.
La aplicación consta de dos partes una para practicar donde te preguntarán un verbo y tendrás que elegir la opción adecuada y otra para consultas.
"English Phrasal Verbs" includes more than 1000 phrasal verbs, with examples and translations.
"Mobile Learning: English" app series:
-Mobile English Test
-Anagram English Game
-English Phrasal Verbs (this app)
Feel free to send us suggestions, questions and more at email@example.com
Get this app now to improve your TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, SAT, GMAT, GRE and HKDSE results!
How does “English Grammar – Phrasal Verb” help you?
★ COMPREHENSIVE lessons with translations: 180+ sample sentences and phrasal verbs with Chinese translations!
★ INTERESTING Quiz game: 360+ multiple-choice questions in our question bank! The more questions you can answer correctly, the more difficult questions will be intelligently generated. You can use 50:50 (fifty-fifty) to eliminate half of the incorrect choices. This LITE version has 2 game modes: Answering 20, 50 questions. FULL version has 2 more game modes: Answering 100 questions AND Sudden Death Mode. (Game continues until you answer one question incorrectly or you answer all the questions.)
★ CONVENIENT design for revision: During the quiz game, you can choose to display the details of the phrasal verb related to question you just answered. Moreover, you can create your own phrasal verb list so that you can do revision on what you have learned much more easily!
★ DETAILED test result: It shows which questions you answered incorrectly, score, max. combo (Max. number of questions answered correctly consecutively), date and time of the test. Better still, it shows your frequent mistake questions too! It is useful for your revision and interesting to challenge with your friends!
★ MOTIVATING trophy system: The various accomplishments you have achieved during your learning will be recorded. With trophy system, you can share your impressive achievements with friends!
★ QUICK search: 180+ phrasal verbs usage with Chinese translation can be searched easily!
Some more features:
✔ Written by experienced English teachers
✔ No Internet connection required
✔ No annoying advertisements
Want to improve English every day? Find us on EVERYDAY ENGLISH (Update EVERY DAY! With translation!):
Weibo : http://weibo.com/2558322097
NB:The definitions and the examples found in this application are taken from Wiktionary. Thus they are under the licence "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)" which legal code can be visited in this web page : "http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/". It's necessary to emphasize that this android application is NOT a product of Wiktionary, it's rather an initiative to share knowledge on a big scale.Any actions which you take based on information on this application are taken of your own free will and we are not responsible for any results or consequences of such actions.You agree that this application may expose you to Content that may be objectionable or offensive. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this application nor for any error or omission.
1: Loop Mode -> in this mode you can learn phrasal verbs whithout any restriction
2: Time Mode -> in this mode you can learn phrasal verbs for a given time
3: Amount Mode -> in this mode you can learn a given amount of phrasal verbs
You can choose your phrasal verbs Range: If you only wan't to learn the popular phrasal verbs you can choose this options. If this is not enough for you, then choose all phrasal verbs (over 2000 phrasal verbs included)
* Thousands of example sentences show phrasal verbs in typical contexts
* Clear advice on grammar and usage
* A thematic section shows phrasal verbs in topic groups for vocabulary expansion.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
Ideal for everybody who wants to learn English and as a companion for trips to the United Kingdom (UK), the United States (USA), Canada and other English speaking countries.
•Verb forms & translations searchable
•Grammar section (in preparation)
•All tenses (including composite tenses)
•Voice output (via Android's TTS, see below)
•Multiple color themes
•Move to SD card
•Optimized for Tablets
•Pro version with more verbs
•Companion language learning app: Verb Conjugation Trainer
•English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish language apps
Learn English with this handy study aid.
If you have any problems (e.g. sound) with the app please check our FAQ first:
If problems persist please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This include Unlimited Quiz about Phrasal Verbs, Preposition, Fill in blank and Scramble Quiz.
It inclue 15,000 Example Statements.
You are able to see Ur Learning Progress.
And in "basic study sesson" of this app, you are able to save words those will be studied again.
To see is to believe.
Learning phrasal verbs is one of the most challenging tasks for English learners.
There are a wide variety of phrasal verb resources on this app to help you learn many phrasal verbs and test your understanding with quizzes.
This app shows about 3,500 common phrasal verbs and 15,000 statements, with meanings and examples and unlimited quizes by random.
I hope you find this useful and favorite app.
From Your Sincerely App Culturer, WordsBean.
English Phrasal Verb Study Quiz EnglishPhrasal Verb Study and Quiz
PhrasalVerb phrasal verb
Phrasal verbs are very common in spoken and written English so we need them to understand. This app helps you with just that.
** NOTE: This is a lite version where in only few topics are available. All the remaining locked topics will be unlocked on buying the full version from within this lite version. It will be a one time purchase to unlock ALL the locked items in one go.
PREPARE BY TOPICS:
You can study the grammar rules by topic. All questions are sorted by topic.
MOCK TEST MODE:
In mock test questions are presented randomly from all the topics.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS:
A summary of the practice test is presented at the end of each test. It shows you the score, which questions you answered correctly and where you were wrong.
The app records your progress as you start giving practice tests.
It shows you a beautiful bar chart so that you can track your weak areas and give more focus on them.
• Over 26 topics.
• Over 750 multiple-choice questions with explanation.
• Choose number of questions you would like in each test.
• Track your progress.
• A new module, “Progress Meter” keeps track of how you are performing in a particular topic
• Special algorithm that randomizes questions every time you take a test.
With application you will have a complete list of phrasal verbs which will be updated periodically.
You can surf the list to consult every phrasal verb, you will have a list with only the phrasal verbs you have marked as favorite, and also another list with those you have consulted recently.
When you go to the detail of each phrasal you can listen to its pronunciation, you can write down notes about it, or even classify them according its difficulty.
Apart from the list, you have three different kind of exercises ( Memory Test, Association Test, Multiple Selection Test), just to make funnier learning. You can choose the number of exercises for each test, if you want only the ones you have marked as favorite, and also you can filter by difficulty.
I hope you enjoy the application.