Take a journey through the world’s diverse environments and see how the animals sleep. Adapted from the children’s book, “The Animals Sleep: A Bedtime Book of Biomes,” this app explores the oceans, deserts and woodlands using poetic narration paired with colorful illustrations. From beavers, to zebras, to humpback whales, an eye-catching assortment of animals fills every scene.
Published by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, this storybook app emphasizes the importance of sleep and teaches children about different sleep environments. Children will want to get a good night’s sleep when they see that a cozy bedroom is the perfect sleep environment for them!
When the story is over, explore the "Fun & Games" section, featuring four educational activities for children:
• Color: a coloring book containing illustrations from "The Animals Sleep: A Bedtime Book of Biomes"
• Match: a memory game in which you turn over pairs of matching cards
• Puzzle: arrange the tiles to form a complete picture
• Quiz: narrated questions paired with illustrated answers tests your child’s knowledge about animals and sleep
• Flip from page to page with a touch or swipe
• Jump to any page with our pick a page feature
• Listen to the book in "Read to Me" mode, featuring clear and appealing narrator
• Read to your child or have them practice on their own in the self-directed "I'll Read" mode
• Additional information for parents about healthy sleep habits in "Info for Grownups"
Also available for free on Google Play is "I See the Animals Sleeping: A Bedtime Story".