Save complete public transport timetables on your device for quick access to the routes you know and use the full online multi-modal trip planner for routes you don't know.
Features full real time integration where available, including:
- Route Tracking - view a map and track the current location of services on a route
- Stop Monitoring - real time arrival predictions
- Service Alerts - advisories issued by your transit agency
You can even subscribe to service alerts for routes/stops you regularly use!
What else does GetMe2 Transit feature?
- Full multi modal trip planner to plan trips from points selected on a map or street addresses
- Save full timetables on your device
- Use multiple timetables at once, or temporarily disable the ones you don't want to use
- Add favourites (routes, stops, trips, real time stops, real time route trackers, alerts)
- Full real time integration where available
- List nearby stops
- Search by Route
- Search by Stop
- Edit favourites - add legs to build a trip
- Reverse trips
- Set a departure/arrival time or date
- View your trip on a map
- Lists wheelchair accessibility where available
- Extend your trip by adding multiple legs
- Display favourite times on the home screen at selected times of the day/week with Quick Times (e.g. services from home to work in the mornings and work to home in the evenings)
- Set alarms at different stages of your trip
- 12/24 hour time
- Imperial and metric measurements
- "I'm Bored" feature suggests things to do in your area and plans a public transport trip to get you there
- Include near by stops when finding times, specify custom search distances for different favourites
- Too many more features to list!
Thunder Bay #%*
York Region %
UNITED KINGDOM - (National Rail for all regions)
East Anglia - Cambridge, Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough...
East Midlands - Derby, Leicster, Nottingham...
London, England %
North East - Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland...
North West - Blackburn, Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, St Helens...
Scotland - Edinburgh, Glasgow...
South East - Brighton, Oxford, Portsmouth, Southampton, Slough...
South West - Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth...
Wales - Cardiff, Newport, Swansea...
West Midlands - Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke-on-Trent...
Yorkshire - Bradford, Leeds, York...
Alameda-Contra Costa District (Oakland) #%
Chapel Hill #%
Los Angeles #%
New York #%*
Salt Lake City #%
San Diego #%*
San Francisco #%*
Washington DC #%
# real time vehicle tracking
% real time stop monitoring
* real time alerts
Please contact email@example.com or use the in app feedback if you experience any issues.
- Widgets are configured to update during a specific time of day or when tapped, so they won't drain your battery when you don't need them.
- Updating notifications are provided, so you can get the time to the next bus from the notification panel.
- For an even better experience, use WidgetLocker to put your transit widgets on the lock screen and you'll have access to them just by pressing the power button.
- More configurable widgets (disable notifications, etc...)
Have a suggestion or comment about the app?
Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More from developer
The widget can be configured to update daily or when the widget is selected on the home screen.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,ANG,AOA,ARS,AUD,AWG,AZN,BAM,BBD,BDT,BGN,BHD,BIF,BMD,BND,BOB,BRL,BSD,BTN,BWP,BYR,BZD,CAD,CDF,CHF,CLF,CLP,CNY,COP,CRC,CUP,CVE,CZK,DJF,DKK,DOP,DZD,EGP,ETB,EUR,FJD,FKP,GBP,GEL,GHS,GIP,GMD,GNF,GTQ,GYD,HKD,HNL,HRK,HTG,HUF,IDR,IEP,ILS,INR,IQD,IRR,ISK,JMD,JOD,JPY,KES,KGS,KHR,KMF,KPW,KRW,KWD,KZT,LAK,LBP,LKR,LRD,LSL,LTL,LVL,LYD,MAD,MDL,MGA,MKD,MMK,MNT,MOP,MRO,MUR,MVR,MWK,MXN,MYR,MZN,NAD,NGN,NIO,NOK,NPR,NZD,OMR,PAB,PEN,PGK,PHP,PKR,PLN,PYG,QAR,RON,RSD,RUB,RWF,SAR,SBD,SCR,SDG,SEK,SGD,SHP,SLL,SOS,SRD,STD,SVC,SYP,SZL,THB,TJS,TMT,TND,TOP,TRY,TTD,TWD,TZS,UAH,UGX,USD,UYU,UZS,VEF,VND,VUV,WST,XAF,XCD,XDR,XOF,XPF,YER,ZAR,ZMK,ZWD,ZWL
More information is available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/06/Currency-Rate-Widget.
A premium version of this application that adds a currency trend widget and conversion application is available. More details can be found at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT.
The flag icons were created by Mark James:(www.famfamfam.com).
This program is intended for learning and experimentation. The source code is available at https://github.com/kgilmer/PiccadillyLife under the Apache software license.
What is a UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer?
The name is awkward but Private Dancer essentially provides wireless speakers for your network. It relies on the UPnP* protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. Many devices support this protocol and there are many Android apps available that can be used to send audio to Private Dancer.
What is meant by 'headless'?
While Private Dancer can be used on any Android device, it sports features that make it ideal for a tablet or unused Android phone that can be connected to speakers and power. The service can run on boot and aims to be always available, and generally once setup does not require direct user interaction.
How does it work?
Install the application and run it. Select startup options and enable the service. Once enabled, a notification appears and the UPnP/DLNA service is available on the network. Connect to the service via a supported UPnP client, such as Samsung's AllShare media application to play music from your phone or other UPnP device.
-UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer
-Configurable to start automatically on boot (survives loss of power)
-Configurable to prevent device from entering sleep mode (always on)
-Configurable to allow or prevent clients from changing the volume
-Configurable the name of the service
Private Dancer has been tested with the following UPNP / DLNA players:
- 2Player v1.1.07 (Android)
- BubbleUPnP 188.8.131.52 (Android)
- UPnPlay 0.0.62 (Android)
- Samsung AllShare 2.6.114 (Android)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows 7)
* Private Dancer uses the excellent Cling library for UPnP protocol support. Cling is LGPL licensed, and more information is available at http://teleal.org/projects/cling.
Besides the widget provided by Currency Rate Widget, Currency Rate Widget GT also provides the following features:
View currency trends with a widget that graphs the daily values of configured base and quote currencies.
Following widget information is configurable via preferences: Show flag or currency code, show last change, show last server update.
Perform a currency conversion using a simple Application.
Fine-grained update intervals for rate widget.
Caches data for efficient network utilization.
Currency conversion app is able to used cache currency data if phone or tablet is offline.
Tested with Android 4.0 and 2.3.
See http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT/ for more information and screenshots.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD , BTN, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP , GEL, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, IEP, ILS, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR , KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LTL, LVL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN , MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG , SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, STD, SVC, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF , VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMK, ZWD, ZWL
The flag icons were created by Mark James: (www.famfamfam.com).
Essentially Transit Sharpener NYC is an animated map, overlaying trains on top of the NYC subway lines where they would be according to the MTA schedules.
The free version of Transit Sharpener NYC is ad-supported and renders an add banner at the bottom of the map window at all times. The non-free version has no advertisements and requires no network access to function.
The MTA publishes time tables for each train line, but these documents can be complex and hard to read. Transit Sharpener NYC is a visualization of these MTA time tables that shows a map of where the trains are on the line according to the schedule.
Transit Sharpener NYC includes weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules for the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 lines. No further downloads or other network access is required or used, except to load advertisements on the free version. This saves power and means it runs anywhere, on almost all Android devices.
With a quick glance at the map, it's easy to make good choices about what stations are the best bet to get on a train. Need to plan ahead? Simply move the map forward in time. Spend less time waiting for trains with Transit Sharpener NYC.
This wallpaper contains no advertisements. The source fiction is in the public domain and was taken from the Gutenberg Project.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- England by Frank Fox
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/The-Soft-Machines-Wallpaper.
This free live wallpaper contains no advertisements, does not access the network or the device's internal storage, and is light on system load.
See when the trains arriving at specific stations based on the published MTA time tables. Rather than pouring through the MTA train schedules, simply check station times with this widget. It automatically calculates when the next train is scheduled to arrive for each line in a given station.
Transit Sharpener includes all schedule data and does not need any network access to function. This makes it fast and means it works in stations, and on devices that don't have network connectivity.
- For stations and lines with published time table columns, the exact time specified by the schedule is displayed.
- For stations without schedule data, estimates are calculated based on neighboring stations where the schedules are known.
- All station, line, and schedule data is included so no network access is required, saving battery life.
- Weekday, Saturday, and Sunday service times included.
- Train Lines: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Uses time schedule published December 2011.
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/04/18/transit-sharpener-NYC-widget.
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No large graphics
- No monkey business
Colorful circles languidly shuffle across the screen.
Changes from previous versions include:
- Motion moves at glacial speeds. Less distraction, but a continually changing environment.
- Richer visual possibilities with colors, shape treatments, and density.
- Less battery consumption, highly optimized.
- Regenerate the visual structure with a double-tap on the left of the screen.
And as always:
- No cost
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No monkey business