Its unique blending of regional trip planning with real-time arrivals lets you navigate the whole region while you’re on the go. Plus, it has all the information and details about your trips – complete route schedules, helpful maps, new ways to customize your trips, service alerts, fares, walking distances and much, much more.
Whether getting around Seattle, or commuting from Everett, Olympia or Issaquah, the Puget Sound Trip Planner makes the best use of your time and energy. Get this free app for your Android today.
The Puget Sound Trip Planner app includes data from the following transit agencies:
• King County Metro Transit
• Sound Transit
• Pierce Transit
• Community Transit
• Everett Transit
• Intercity Transit
• King County Water Taxi
• Snoqualmie Valley Transportation
• Seattle Streetcar
• Washington State Ferries
• Cross agency, regional trip planning
• Fully customizable trip plan preferences, including transportation mode, walking distance and more
• Plan trips using popular landmarks, addresses or your own contacts
• Full trip itineraries with fare information, actual walking distance, and map view
• List of recent trip plans
• Access to scheduled times for all transit agencies in the region
• Create Point-to-Point schedules within a route
• Map based route traces
• Filter by Agency
• Search by route or headway sign
• Find Next Departures using stop number, address or landmarks
• Estimated (Est) real time departure times available for all Metro and Metro-operated Sound Transit bus service
• Provides scheduled (Sch) departure times for all agencies at a customer selected stop
• Map and List view of Nearby Stops
• Map based vehicle location for those routes where estimated times are available
• List of recent stops
• List of all regional agencies with links to their individual alerts web page
• Save your favorite locations for use in Trip Planning or Next Departures
• A contact directory of all regional transit agencies with links to their website, customer service phone number and email address
• In-app email form for reporting app related comments or suggestions to King County Metro Transit
“When will my ride be here?”
“Why is it late?”
“How do I get there?”
Roadify Transit is a transit app that answers riders’ three most important questions about urban navigation. We have the information in one place for all types of transit: subways, buses, trains, ferries, bike-sharing, car2go and more. Designed by people who navigate mass transit every day, Roadify provides real-time arrivals, schedules, maps and service alerts from official agency sources and other riders. It’s all there in one tap and on one screen so you can see what’s going on with a single glance. Roadify Transit is live in more than 60 cities in the United States and Canada including New York, Boston, Washington, San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and many others. So you can use it at home and take it with you when you travel.
- Find out real-time arrival countdowns and schedules for all of your nearby subway, bus, train and other transportation options
- See maps with step-by-step directions
- Learn about service advisories in real time, including delays, route changes and planned work
- Get updates from other riders with on-the-spot information about what’s going on
- Complete information for more than 60 cities; no need to download new files or apps when you travel
Grand prize winner of BigApps 2.0; TechCrunch says, “Genius.”
“Hands down the best transportation app out there.”
“Very accurate and simple to use.”
“This is literally part of my body now. Can’t leave home without it.”
We’re constantly expanding coverage and are currently provide data for the following transit authorities:
- Metro & car2go
- MTA, Metro Subway, MARC, Light Rail & Commuter Buses
- Subways, Rail, Buses, Boats & Bike Shares
- All Metro CTA & Bike Share
- All Metro
- All Metro RTA
- Mountain Metro
- COTA and car2go
- Hartford, New Britain, New Haven, Yale Shuttle, Shore Line East & Metro North
- RTD, Bike Shares and car2go
Detroit / Ann Arbor MI
- DOT, U of Michigan & People Mover
- Metro & Bike Shares
- Beaches Trolley, Mayport Ferry & Skyway
Kansas City MO
- Metro & Bike Shares
Las Vegas NV
Lehigh / Northampton
Los Angeles CA
- Metro & Bike Shares
- MDT, Broward County, Bike Shares & car2go
Minneapolis / St. Paul MN
- Valley Transit, Metro, Bike Shares & car2go
Montréal Quebec Canada
- STM, Trains & car2go
- MTA & Bike Shares
New Orleans LA
New York NY
- MTA Subway & Bus, LIRR, MetroNorth, SI Ferry, NY Waterway, NJ Rail, Path, NJ Bus, NICE, Bee-Line, Downtown Connect, RI Tram, Bike Shares, New York subway map, New York bus map
Ottawa Ontario Canada
- OC Transpo
- SEPTA Bus & RAIL
- Valley Metro
- Port Authority
- TriMet & car2go
- CAT & Triangle Transit
San Francisco CA
- BART, Caltrain, Muni, Ferries, AC Transit, County Connection, SamTrans, VTA, Stanford Marguerite & Bike Shares
- Regional Transit
Salt Lake City UT
San Antonio TX
- VIA & Bike Shares
San Diego CA
- MTS & car2go
- Washington State Ferry, KC Metro, Pierce Transit, Community Transit, Sound Transit & car2go
St. Louis MO
Toronto Ontario Canada
- TTC, GO & car2go
Vancouver BC Canada
- Buses, SeaBus, SkyTrain, West Coast Express & car2go
- DC Metro, DC Circulator, MARC, Arlington Transit, Ride On, Fairfax Connector, Bike Shares & car2go
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
What can you do with OMG Transit?
• Get real-time information about buses, light rail, car-shares (i.e. car2go and Zipcar), bike-shares and trains
• Set alerts and get notified when your bus or train is approaching
• Save your favorite stops
• Reserve a car2go
• Discover new modes of transit in your city
• Filter out modes of transit you don’t want to see
What cities are currently supported?
• Chicago, IL
• Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
• Seattle, WA
… and more coming soon!
What makes OMG Transit different than other transit apps?
We give you real-time information about more than just the bus!
Is the data real-time?
Yes. In case real-time data isn’t available, we revert to schedules.
We'd love to hear from you!
• Twitter: @omgtransit
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/omgtransit
• Email: email@example.com
This program is intended for learning and experimentation. The source code is available at https://github.com/kgilmer/PiccadillyLife under the Apache software license.
This free live wallpaper contains no advertisements, does not access the network or the device's internal storage, and is light on system load.
The widget can be configured to update daily or when the widget is selected on the home screen.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,ANG,AOA,ARS,AUD,AWG,AZN,BAM,BBD,BDT,BGN,BHD,BIF,BMD,BND,BOB,BRL,BSD,BTN,BWP,BYR,BZD,CAD,CDF,CHF,CLF,CLP,CNY,COP,CRC,CUP,CVE,CZK,DJF,DKK,DOP,DZD,EGP,ETB,EUR,FJD,FKP,GBP,GEL,GHS,GIP,GMD,GNF,GTQ,GYD,HKD,HNL,HRK,HTG,HUF,IDR,IEP,ILS,INR,IQD,IRR,ISK,JMD,JOD,JPY,KES,KGS,KHR,KMF,KPW,KRW,KWD,KZT,LAK,LBP,LKR,LRD,LSL,LTL,LVL,LYD,MAD,MDL,MGA,MKD,MMK,MNT,MOP,MRO,MUR,MVR,MWK,MXN,MYR,MZN,NAD,NGN,NIO,NOK,NPR,NZD,OMR,PAB,PEN,PGK,PHP,PKR,PLN,PYG,QAR,RON,RSD,RUB,RWF,SAR,SBD,SCR,SDG,SEK,SGD,SHP,SLL,SOS,SRD,STD,SVC,SYP,SZL,THB,TJS,TMT,TND,TOP,TRY,TTD,TWD,TZS,UAH,UGX,USD,UYU,UZS,VEF,VND,VUV,WST,XAF,XCD,XDR,XOF,XPF,YER,ZAR,ZMK,ZWD,ZWL
More information is available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/06/Currency-Rate-Widget.
A premium version of this application that adds a currency trend widget and conversion application is available. More details can be found at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT.
The flag icons were created by Mark James:(www.famfamfam.com).
Changes from previous versions include:
- Motion moves at glacial speeds. Less distraction, but a continually changing environment.
- Richer visual possibilities with colors, shape treatments, and density.
- Less battery consumption, highly optimized.
- Regenerate the visual structure with a double-tap on the left of the screen.
And as always:
- No cost
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No monkey business
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No large graphics
- No monkey business
Colorful circles languidly shuffle across the screen.
Essentially Transit Sharpener NYC is an animated map, overlaying trains on top of the NYC subway lines where they would be according to the MTA schedules.
The free version of Transit Sharpener NYC is ad-supported and renders an add banner at the bottom of the map window at all times. The non-free version has no advertisements and requires no network access to function.
The MTA publishes time tables for each train line, but these documents can be complex and hard to read. Transit Sharpener NYC is a visualization of these MTA time tables that shows a map of where the trains are on the line according to the schedule.
Transit Sharpener NYC includes weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules for the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 lines. No further downloads or other network access is required or used, except to load advertisements on the free version. This saves power and means it runs anywhere, on almost all Android devices.
With a quick glance at the map, it's easy to make good choices about what stations are the best bet to get on a train. Need to plan ahead? Simply move the map forward in time. Spend less time waiting for trains with Transit Sharpener NYC.
See when the trains arriving at specific stations based on the published MTA time tables. Rather than pouring through the MTA train schedules, simply check station times with this widget. It automatically calculates when the next train is scheduled to arrive for each line in a given station.
Transit Sharpener includes all schedule data and does not need any network access to function. This makes it fast and means it works in stations, and on devices that don't have network connectivity.
- For stations and lines with published time table columns, the exact time specified by the schedule is displayed.
- For stations without schedule data, estimates are calculated based on neighboring stations where the schedules are known.
- All station, line, and schedule data is included so no network access is required, saving battery life.
- Weekday, Saturday, and Sunday service times included.
- Train Lines: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Uses time schedule published December 2011.
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/04/18/transit-sharpener-NYC-widget.
Besides the widget provided by Currency Rate Widget, Currency Rate Widget GT also provides the following features:
View currency trends with a widget that graphs the daily values of configured base and quote currencies.
Following widget information is configurable via preferences: Show flag or currency code, show last change, show last server update.
Perform a currency conversion using a simple Application.
Fine-grained update intervals for rate widget.
Caches data for efficient network utilization.
Currency conversion app is able to used cache currency data if phone or tablet is offline.
Tested with Android 4.0 and 2.3.
See http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT/ for more information and screenshots.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD , BTN, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP , GEL, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, IEP, ILS, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR , KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LTL, LVL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN , MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG , SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, STD, SVC, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF , VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMK, ZWD, ZWL
The flag icons were created by Mark James: (www.famfamfam.com).
This wallpaper contains no advertisements. The source fiction is in the public domain and was taken from the Gutenberg Project.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- England by Frank Fox
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/The-Soft-Machines-Wallpaper.
What is a UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer?
The name is awkward but Private Dancer essentially provides wireless speakers for your network. It relies on the UPnP* protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. Many devices support this protocol and there are many Android apps available that can be used to send audio to Private Dancer.
What is meant by 'headless'?
While Private Dancer can be used on any Android device, it sports features that make it ideal for a tablet or unused Android phone that can be connected to speakers and power. The service can run on boot and aims to be always available, and generally once setup does not require direct user interaction.
How does it work?
Install the application and run it. Select startup options and enable the service. Once enabled, a notification appears and the UPnP/DLNA service is available on the network. Connect to the service via a supported UPnP client, such as Samsung's AllShare media application to play music from your phone or other UPnP device.
-UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer
-Configurable to start automatically on boot (survives loss of power)
-Configurable to prevent device from entering sleep mode (always on)
-Configurable to allow or prevent clients from changing the volume
-Configurable the name of the service
Private Dancer has been tested with the following UPNP / DLNA players:
- 2Player v1.1.07 (Android)
- BubbleUPnP 22.214.171.124 (Android)
- UPnPlay 0.0.62 (Android)
- Samsung AllShare 2.6.114 (Android)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows 7)
* Private Dancer uses the excellent Cling library for UPnP protocol support. Cling is LGPL licensed, and more information is available at http://teleal.org/projects/cling.