You'll be the talk of the platform, and not cause you're dressed in a banana suit, but because you're using Simple Subway NYC while others look in envy with their sundials and kaleidoscopes.
No network connection, no problem. Simple Subway NYC saves the maps and delays on your phone so you can use it anywhere!
People are already raving about Simple Subway NYC:
#Abraham Lincoln says: Four score and seven years ago, is how long I've been trying to get to my destination. Thanks to Simple Subway NYC, I found where I needed to go!
#Halal Cart Guy says: white sauce hot sauce?
Many thanks to Jefferson Stewart for advisement and help on UI/UX design on Simple Subway NYC!!!
Simple Subway NYC / Subway NYC / NYC Subway / Subway
NYC Subway Time Helper is an app that displays the real-time subway arrival times, the same time used in the countdown clocks in the NYC MTA Subway system. This app works with all the trains that have this countdown clock installed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and GC trains).
- Real-time subway arrival times for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and GC trains
- Real-time status of the subway systems
- Bookmark your most traveled train lines and stations
** Previous versions of this app are considered separate apps because of lost keystore. If this app was previously installed and you would like to update, please uninstall the old app and re-install this one **
Don't want to pay $1 for a new metrocard? Having trouble figuring out exactly how much to add to your NYC Subway Metrocard in order to end up with an empty balance after the MTA's bonus?
No problem! Just type in how much your current balance is and you'll get options of how much to add so you don't have a leftover balance! Works quickly and requires no internet connection so it'll work underground; just fire up the app when the MTA machine tells you your balance.
“When will my ride be here?”
“Why is it late?”
“How do I get there?”
Roadify Transit answers riders’ three most important questions about urban navigation. We have the information in one place for subways, buses, trains, ferries, bike-sharing, car2go and more. Roadify provides real-time arrivals, schedules, maps and service alerts from official agency sources and other riders. One tap lets you see what’s going on with a single glance. Roadify Transit is live in more than 70 cities in the United States and Canada so you can use it at home and take it with you when you travel.
- Find out real-time arrivals and schedules for all nearby subway, bus, train and other transportation options
- See maps with step-by-step directions
- Learn about service advisories in real time, including delays, route changes and planned work
- Get updates from other riders with on-the-spot information about what’s going on
- Complete information for more than 60 cities; no need to download new files or apps when you travel
Grand prize winner of BigApps 2.0; TechCrunch says, “Genius.”
“Hands down the best transportation app out there.”
“Very accurate and simple to use.”
“This is literally part of my body now. Can’t leave home without it.”
We’re constantly expanding coverage and are currently provide data for the following transit authorities:
- GRTA, MARTA, Streetcar
- MTA Bus, Metro Subway, MARC, Light Rail & Commuter Buses
- Subways, Rail, Buses, Boats
- All Metro CTA, PACE Bus
- All Metro
- All Metro RTA
- Mountain Metro
- Fastrak, Hartford, New Britain, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Yale Shuttle, Shore Line East & Metro North
Detroit / Ann Arbor MI
- DOT, U of Michigan, People Mover & Ann Arbor
- Beaches Trolley, Mayport Ferry, JTA Bus & Skyway
Kansas City MO
Las Vegas NV
Lehigh / Northampton
Los Angeles CA
- Metrolink, Metro, Big Blue Bus & OCTA
- MDT & Broward County
Minneapolis / St. Paul MN
- Valley Transit & Metro
Montréal Quebec Canada
- STM, Trains & Express Chevrier
New Orleans LA
New York NY
- MTA Subway & Bus, LIRR, MetroNorth, SI Ferry, NY Waterway, NJ Rail, Path, NJ Bus, NICE, Bee-Line, Downtown Connect, RI Tram
Ottawa Ontario Canada
- OC Transpo
- SEPTA Bus & RAIL
- Valley Metro
- Port Authority
- CAT & Triangle Transit
San Francisco CA
- BART, Caltrain, Muni, Ferries, AC Transit, County Connection, SamTrans, VTA, Stanford Marguerite, Sonoma County, Santa Rosa City Bus
- Regional Transit
Salt Lake City UT
San Antonio TX
San Diego CA
- Washington State Ferry, KC Metro, Pierce Transit, Community Transit, Sound Transit, Intercity (Olympia), Island Transit, Kitsap Transit, Jefferson Transit, Mason Transit, Whatcom Transit Authority
St. Louis MO
Toronto Ontario Canada
- TTC & GO
Vancouver BC Canada
- Buses, SeaBus, SkyTrain, & West Coast Express
- DC Metro, DC Circulator, MARC, Arlington Transit, VRE, Ride On & Fairfax Connector
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
This program is intended for learning and experimentation. The source code is available at https://github.com/kgilmer/PiccadillyLife under the Apache software license.
- Entirely free
- No advertisements
- No content or user tracking
- Access local files and DLNA/uPNP media shares
- Simple app with one purpose
NOTE: This application is not a video player. It relies on the built-in media player and other installed video players.
This application has an in-app purchasing option to enable large library support (for over 64 video titles).
This application uses the OMDB (http://www.omdbapi.com/) movie and TV database to find artwork and other metadata for video files.
The movie poster artwork in the screenshots has been altered to comply with Google's IP guidelines. Actual application artwork is not blurred.
Essentially Transit Sharpener NYC is an animated map, overlaying trains on top of the NYC subway lines where they would be according to the MTA schedules.
The free version of Transit Sharpener NYC is ad-supported and renders an add banner at the bottom of the map window at all times. The non-free version has no advertisements and requires no network access to function.
The MTA publishes time tables for each train line, but these documents can be complex and hard to read. Transit Sharpener NYC is a visualization of these MTA time tables that shows a map of where the trains are on the line according to the schedule.
Transit Sharpener NYC includes weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules for the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 lines. No further downloads or other network access is required or used, except to load advertisements on the free version. This saves power and means it runs anywhere, on almost all Android devices.
With a quick glance at the map, it's easy to make good choices about what stations are the best bet to get on a train. Need to plan ahead? Simply move the map forward in time. Spend less time waiting for trains with Transit Sharpener NYC.
The widget can be configured to update daily or when the widget is selected on the home screen.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,ANG,AOA,ARS,AUD,AWG,AZN,BAM,BBD,BDT,BGN,BHD,BIF,BMD,BND,BOB,BRL,BSD,BTN,BWP,BYR,BZD,CAD,CDF,CHF,CLF,CLP,CNY,COP,CRC,CUP,CVE,CZK,DJF,DKK,DOP,DZD,EGP,ETB,EUR,FJD,FKP,GBP,GEL,GHS,GIP,GMD,GNF,GTQ,GYD,HKD,HNL,HRK,HTG,HUF,IDR,IEP,ILS,INR,IQD,IRR,ISK,JMD,JOD,JPY,KES,KGS,KHR,KMF,KPW,KRW,KWD,KZT,LAK,LBP,LKR,LRD,LSL,LTL,LVL,LYD,MAD,MDL,MGA,MKD,MMK,MNT,MOP,MRO,MUR,MVR,MWK,MXN,MYR,MZN,NAD,NGN,NIO,NOK,NPR,NZD,OMR,PAB,PEN,PGK,PHP,PKR,PLN,PYG,QAR,RON,RSD,RUB,RWF,SAR,SBD,SCR,SDG,SEK,SGD,SHP,SLL,SOS,SRD,STD,SVC,SYP,SZL,THB,TJS,TMT,TND,TOP,TRY,TTD,TWD,TZS,UAH,UGX,USD,UYU,UZS,VEF,VND,VUV,WST,XAF,XCD,XDR,XOF,XPF,YER,ZAR,ZMK,ZWD,ZWL
More information is available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/06/Currency-Rate-Widget.
A premium version of this application that adds a currency trend widget and conversion application is available. More details can be found at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT.
The flag icons were created by Mark James:(www.famfamfam.com).
This free live wallpaper contains no advertisements, does not access the network or the device's internal storage, and is light on system load.
Changes from previous versions include:
- Motion moves at glacial speeds. Less distraction, but a continually changing environment.
- Richer visual possibilities with colors, shape treatments, and density.
- Less battery consumption, highly optimized.
- Regenerate the visual structure with a double-tap on the left of the screen.
And as always:
- No cost
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No monkey business
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No large graphics
- No monkey business
Colorful circles languidly shuffle across the screen.
See when the trains arriving at specific stations based on the published MTA time tables. Rather than pouring through the MTA train schedules, simply check station times with this widget. It automatically calculates when the next train is scheduled to arrive for each line in a given station.
Transit Sharpener includes all schedule data and does not need any network access to function. This makes it fast and means it works in stations, and on devices that don't have network connectivity.
- For stations and lines with published time table columns, the exact time specified by the schedule is displayed.
- For stations without schedule data, estimates are calculated based on neighboring stations where the schedules are known.
- All station, line, and schedule data is included so no network access is required, saving battery life.
- Weekday, Saturday, and Sunday service times included.
- Train Lines: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Uses time schedule published December 2011.
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/04/18/transit-sharpener-NYC-widget.
Besides the widget provided by Currency Rate Widget, Currency Rate Widget GT also provides the following features:
View currency trends with a widget that graphs the daily values of configured base and quote currencies.
Following widget information is configurable via preferences: Show flag or currency code, show last change, show last server update.
Perform a currency conversion using a simple Application.
Fine-grained update intervals for rate widget.
Caches data for efficient network utilization.
Currency conversion app is able to used cache currency data if phone or tablet is offline.
Tested with Android 4.0 and 2.3.
See http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT/ for more information and screenshots.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD , BTN, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP , GEL, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, IEP, ILS, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR , KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LTL, LVL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN , MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG , SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, STD, SVC, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF , VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMK, ZWD, ZWL
The flag icons were created by Mark James: (www.famfamfam.com).
This wallpaper contains no advertisements. The source fiction is in the public domain and was taken from the Gutenberg Project.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- England by Frank Fox
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/The-Soft-Machines-Wallpaper.
What is a UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer?
The name is awkward but Private Dancer essentially provides wireless speakers for your network. It relies on the UPnP* protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. Many devices support this protocol and there are many Android apps available that can be used to send audio to Private Dancer.
What is meant by 'headless'?
While Private Dancer can be used on any Android device, it sports features that make it ideal for a tablet or unused Android phone that can be connected to speakers and power. The service can run on boot and aims to be always available, and generally once setup does not require direct user interaction.
How does it work?
Install the application and run it. Select startup options and enable the service. Once enabled, a notification appears and the UPnP/DLNA service is available on the network. Connect to the service via a supported UPnP client, such as Samsung's AllShare media application to play music from your phone or other UPnP device.
-UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer
-Configurable to start automatically on boot (survives loss of power)
-Configurable to prevent device from entering sleep mode (always on)
-Configurable to allow or prevent clients from changing the volume
-Configurable the name of the service
Private Dancer has been tested with the following UPNP / DLNA players:
- 2Player v1.1.07 (Android)
- BubbleUPnP 18.104.22.168 (Android)
- UPnPlay 0.0.62 (Android)
- Samsung AllShare 2.6.114 (Android)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows 7)
* Private Dancer uses the excellent Cling library for UPnP protocol support. Cling is LGPL licensed, and more information is available at http://teleal.org/projects/cling.