• Real-time subway arrival times for the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines and the 42nd Street Shuttle, provided by the MTA Real-Time Line Feed
• Real-time bus arrival info and schedules for bus stops on Bronx and Staten Island buses and the B61, B63, M100, Q50, and M34/M34A Select Bus Service routes, provided by MTA Bus Time and NextBus
• Station, route and corridor schedules for the New York City Subway, Staten Island Railway, Staten Island Ferry and PATH
• Route schedules for express buses within New York City Bus, MTA Bus and Atlantic Express
• Service status (NYC Subway, NYC Bus, LIRR and Metro-North Railroad) [temporarily not working as the feed is down]
• Elevator and escalator outages
• A geographic rail transit map for New York City, designed by Kriston Lewis
• Entrance maps for New York City Subway stations (only if your device includes Google Maps)
• Favorites for subway stations and bus stops
DATABASE STORAGE SPACE REQUIREMENTS (all internal or all external memory):
• NYC Subway, SI Ferry, SI Railway - 15.1 MB (required)
• Express Buses - 4.89 MB
• PATH - 387 KB
If you are having a problem updating or reinstalling the databases, this may be due to multiple instances of the app open at once. To fix this:
1. Open the app
2. Use the back key to go to previous screens until the app is closed.
3. Reopen the app
4. From the menu button, select Delete Database and follow the instructions.
5. From the menu button, select Reinstall Database and follow the instructions.
6. The app should load normally.
• Uses official iconic MTA map of the NYC subway including Staten Island.
• World’s fastest route planner calculating the best route for your subway journey, either the fastest or which has the fewest changes.
• Easy to search for a NYC subway station or find your nearest one.
• E & E Alerts – Escalator & Elevator alerts. Get service outage information before/whilst on your journey.
• Calculate your route. Know how long your journey will take and how many stations you will pass through.
• See your selected route on the subway map feature & view the local area around each NYC subway station.
• Clear map with pan and zoom functionality plus on/off walking routes feature.
• When in network coverage get LIVE information about the NYC subway stations and lines to be in control of your journey.
• In-app purchase to remove ads.
• It's FREE!
If you need more information or have a question about New York Subway Map join us at www.facebook.com/mxDataLtd
This program is intended for learning and experimentation. The source code is available at https://github.com/kgilmer/PiccadillyLife under the Apache software license.
The widget can be configured to update daily or when the widget is selected on the home screen.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,ANG,AOA,ARS,AUD,AWG,AZN,BAM,BBD,BDT,BGN,BHD,BIF,BMD,BND,BOB,BRL,BSD,BTN,BWP,BYR,BZD,CAD,CDF,CHF,CLF,CLP,CNY,COP,CRC,CUP,CVE,CZK,DJF,DKK,DOP,DZD,EGP,ETB,EUR,FJD,FKP,GBP,GEL,GHS,GIP,GMD,GNF,GTQ,GYD,HKD,HNL,HRK,HTG,HUF,IDR,IEP,ILS,INR,IQD,IRR,ISK,JMD,JOD,JPY,KES,KGS,KHR,KMF,KPW,KRW,KWD,KZT,LAK,LBP,LKR,LRD,LSL,LTL,LVL,LYD,MAD,MDL,MGA,MKD,MMK,MNT,MOP,MRO,MUR,MVR,MWK,MXN,MYR,MZN,NAD,NGN,NIO,NOK,NPR,NZD,OMR,PAB,PEN,PGK,PHP,PKR,PLN,PYG,QAR,RON,RSD,RUB,RWF,SAR,SBD,SCR,SDG,SEK,SGD,SHP,SLL,SOS,SRD,STD,SVC,SYP,SZL,THB,TJS,TMT,TND,TOP,TRY,TTD,TWD,TZS,UAH,UGX,USD,UYU,UZS,VEF,VND,VUV,WST,XAF,XCD,XDR,XOF,XPF,YER,ZAR,ZMK,ZWD,ZWL
More information is available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/06/Currency-Rate-Widget.
A premium version of this application that adds a currency trend widget and conversion application is available. More details can be found at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT.
The flag icons were created by Mark James:(www.famfamfam.com).
This free live wallpaper contains no advertisements, does not access the network or the device's internal storage, and is light on system load.
Changes from previous versions include:
- Motion moves at glacial speeds. Less distraction, but a continually changing environment.
- Richer visual possibilities with colors, shape treatments, and density.
- Less battery consumption, highly optimized.
- Regenerate the visual structure with a double-tap on the left of the screen.
And as always:
- No cost
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No monkey business
- No advertisements
- No network access
- No large graphics
- No monkey business
Colorful circles languidly shuffle across the screen.
Essentially Transit Sharpener NYC is an animated map, overlaying trains on top of the NYC subway lines where they would be according to the MTA schedules.
The MTA publishes time tables for each train line, but these documents can be complex and hard to read. Transit Sharpener NYC is a visualization of these MTA time tables that shows a map of where the trains are on the line according to the schedule.
Transit Sharpener NYC includes weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules for the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 lines. No further downloads or other network access is required or used. This saves power and means it runs anywhere, on almost all Android devices.
With a quick glance at the map, it's easy to make good choices about what stations are the best bet to get on a train. Need to plan ahead? Simply move the map forward in time. Spend less time waiting for trains with Transit Sharpener NYC.
See when the trains arriving at specific stations based on the published MTA time tables. Rather than pouring through the MTA train schedules, simply check station times with this widget. It automatically calculates when the next train is scheduled to arrive for each line in a given station.
Transit Sharpener includes all schedule data and does not need any network access to function. This makes it fast and means it works in stations, and on devices that don't have network connectivity.
- For stations and lines with published time table columns, the exact time specified by the schedule is displayed.
- For stations without schedule data, estimates are calculated based on neighboring stations where the schedules are known.
- All station, line, and schedule data is included so no network access is required, saving battery life.
- Weekday, Saturday, and Sunday service times included.
- Train Lines: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, M, N, Q, R, S, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Uses time schedule published December 2011.
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/04/18/transit-sharpener-NYC-widget.
Besides the widget provided by Currency Rate Widget, Currency Rate Widget GT also provides the following features:
View currency trends with a widget that graphs the daily values of configured base and quote currencies.
Following widget information is configurable via preferences: Show flag or currency code, show last change, show last server update.
Perform a currency conversion using a simple Application.
Fine-grained update intervals for rate widget.
Caches data for efficient network utilization.
Currency conversion app is able to used cache currency data if phone or tablet is offline.
Tested with Android 4.0 and 2.3.
See http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/Currency-Rate-Widget-GT/ for more information and screenshots.
The currency rates available from openexchangerates.org: AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD , BTN, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP , GEL, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, IEP, ILS, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR , KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LTL, LVL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN , MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG , SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, STD, SVC, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF , VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMK, ZWD, ZWL
The flag icons were created by Mark James: (www.famfamfam.com).
This wallpaper contains no advertisements. The source fiction is in the public domain and was taken from the Gutenberg Project.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- England by Frank Fox
More details are available at http://appsbyken.com/2012/02/08/The-Soft-Machines-Wallpaper.
What is a UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer?
The name is awkward but Private Dancer essentially provides wireless speakers for your network. It relies on the UPnP* protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. Many devices support this protocol and there are many Android apps available that can be used to send audio to Private Dancer.
What is meant by 'headless'?
While Private Dancer can be used on any Android device, it sports features that make it ideal for a tablet or unused Android phone that can be connected to speakers and power. The service can run on boot and aims to be always available, and generally once setup does not require direct user interaction.
How does it work?
Install the application and run it. Select startup options and enable the service. Once enabled, a notification appears and the UPnP/DLNA service is available on the network. Connect to the service via a supported UPnP client, such as Samsung's AllShare media application to play music from your phone or other UPnP device.
-UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer
-Configurable to start automatically on boot (survives loss of power)
-Configurable to prevent device from entering sleep mode (always on)
-Configurable to allow or prevent clients from changing the volume
-Configurable the name of the service
Private Dancer has been tested with the following UPNP / DLNA players:
- 2Player v1.1.07 (Android)
- BubbleUPnP 184.108.40.206 (Android)
- UPnPlay 0.0.62 (Android)
- Samsung AllShare 2.6.114 (Android)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows 7)
* Private Dancer uses the excellent Cling library for UPnP protocol support. Cling is LGPL licensed, and more information is available at http://teleal.org/projects/cling.