We are not Sketchbook.
We are not Photoshop.
We are not Procreate.
We are not Infinite Painter.
We are ArtClash.
ArtClash was designed to encourage people to practice drawing, sketching and cartooning every day.
It's a work in progress, with the first game finished, but more coming soon.
You can choose to free draw anything, or pick a topic/ or series of topics, choose optional constraints (such as time limit, color limit, or canvas size) draw it, and get points for other people correctly guessing it!
This is a one man project, made for my wife and I to be able to practice every day, and encourage others to practice as well.
• Paint - Sketch, Paint, and Blend
• Import images, use them as references, or paint over them
• Pick topics, constraints, draw them, and get points for every person that guesses correctly
• 6 levels of difficulty for topics- from single words to up to 5 different words(nouns, verbs, places, timer periods)
• Choose from 3 constraints for extra points: time, colors, or canvas size
• Free draw anything you want, and share it with others
• NSFW flag, so you can choose to view other peoples images that were marked as NSFW
Current early access issues/ Bugs:
• Ugly UI: Unity UI has been an uphill battle, and planning on scrapping it for XAML, which should work better + be responsive
• Try to keep canvases under 1024x1024 on lower end devices. The brush engine is GPU accelerated, but majorly slows down with large canvases(with small brushes). Planning on doing some tests in other engines to compare, and will eventually get something working much faster.
• More games (starting with "telephone" with drawings)
• More social features (changing out avatars, adding comments to uploaded projects or finished games, friending others, following others)
• Better UI and faster brush engine (from bugs above)
• Marquee selection tool + transform tool
• More brushes (It can work with any brush texture right now, I just need to add more + allow people to add and share their own)
• Better layer system (right now you can create layers, but can't lock transparent pixels, mask,etc)
• Developer communication system: Feedback system where you can request features, email about bugs, or vote with others for the next changes.
• Moderators: So other people can be promoted to moderators to look at flagged images, or any other trouble
• Topic and constraints submissions: so anyone can submit topics/ constraints, and be added to the list after moderation.
• Eventually full image editing, animation, scripting, and game/ storyboard prototyping.
Due to the issues with performance with large textures, and the lack of full editing features currently, this app is not meant to be a full image editing suite right now, but optimized for social competition/encouragement.