The Kucera Dictionary of Chemistry, German-English/English-German, contains about 50.000 entries.
Preference is given to standard British spelling.
All entries were derived from modern British, American and German sources. Excerpts were made particularly from the following fields:
– general chemistry
– theoretical chemistry
– inorganic chemistry
– organic chemistry
– physical chemistry
– analytical chemistry
– environmental and applied chemistry from many industrial and research fields
– pharmaceutical chemistry
– food chemistry
– laboratory practice
The Kucera / Clas: Dictionary of Chemistry is a compact and up-to-date dictionary in terms of the latest research, nomenclature and German spelling. With more than 64,000 terms, the dictionary of Chemistry German-French / French-German closes one of the gaps in the special language dictionaries market. It is based on the German-English dictionary of Antonín Kucera which has been published in 1997 and has been widely recognized since then. Prof. André Clas, Professor at the Montréal University, could be won as co-author.
The work includes numerous short commentaries and explanatory notes on the technical terms, often with additional information, consistent explanation and presentation of synonyms and the appropriate cross-references, as well as clear differentiation in the case of terms with multiple meanings.The Ernst: Dictionary of Engineering and Technology (German-French/French-German) is the industry standard, and is the comprehensive reference for technicians and translators alike.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "strength" will also find "structural strengthing" and "strength development".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.