The Kučera Dictionary of the Exact Science and Technology is a large dictionary with more than 513,000 words from 103 technical and scientific specialty areas and offers an unrivaled wealth of information. „This is a Rolls-Royce among polytechnical dictionaries“ (Mirek Drazil in "The Linguist", 9/2002). The Kucera is the ideal tool for anyone who practices English-German professional translation on a high level.
With his fifty years’ experience as a professional lexicographer and translator, the author formulated the words and their translations from the most up-to-date professional literature. Here terminological systems and contexts were handled in uniform fashion and synonyms, antonyms and reference technology were worked out precisely. Numerous brief explanations understandable even to laypeople, specialty definitions and DIN assignments permit the clear content assignment and delimitation of the individual professional terms.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "roof" will also find "copper roofing" and "timber roof structure".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.