ODK Collect is designed to work out of touch with a cellular network / Wi-Fi during the data collection effort. Once back in the network coverage, the completed forms can be copied out of the device or sent to a server (you control) for analysis.
ODK Aggregate is a free server. ODK Collect can use ODK Aggregate to download the form definitions and receive completed forms. ODK Aggregate can generate CSV files or publish data in Google Spreadsheets, Google Fusion Tables and elsewhere. There is a robust user community and many companies that can provide assistance to organizations deploying surveys based on ODK.
Go to https://opendatakit.org for more information.
Collect field data and conduct field surveys faster and easier than ever before.
Simply sign in with your GIS Cloud account (or sign up for free) and send collected data directly to your GIS Cloud app in the cloud.
You can customize your data forms to include photos and audio as well as standard text, number, or choice inputs.
Couple this mobile app with the MDC Portal web app on http://mdc.giscloud.com and have your team out and about in a quarter of an hour!
GIS Cloud, powerful next-generation cloud solutions that manage geo-located assets and information.
All you need in the field:
- Offline data capture
- Media (photos & audio) enriched location information
- QR code and barcode support
- Dropdowns, lists, input boxes and comments based on custom forms
- Review data attributes directly in the app
- Edit existing data
- Listen to audio and view images
- Real time GPS location
- View and explore maps in the field
Prepare and analyse in the office:
- Cloud based web apps
- Custom forms designer
- Rich GIS symbology and visualization
- Data editing and exporting
- One-click map and data sharing
- Real time collaboration
- Map publishing
- Spatial Queries & Analysis
- Account administration
SurveyCTO includes three components:
(1) The SurveyCTO Server, which serves as a central clearing-house for both blank and filled-in survey forms. It also provides a web interface to assist you in designing and managing your surveys.
(2) SurveyCTO Collect, which is an Android app that data-collectors use to fill out forms on their Android phones or tablets. After data has been collected, it is uploaded to the SurveyCTO Server.
(3) The SurveyCTO Client, which is a desktop application that you can use to download, transport, export, and process your data.
SurveyCTO (a.k.a. "Survey CTO") is based on the Open Data Kit (ODK) open source platform. You can learn about the ODK tools at their website here.
This app is a demonstration version of SurveyCTO Collect. It comes pre-configured with a sample survey and settings necessary to interact with our demo server.
Give it a try. If you like what you see, it only takes a minute to set up your own server at http://www.surveycto.com -- and it's free to use for 30 days.
(If you're looking for ODK Collect, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.odk.collect.android.)
- Design, create, and test census and survey questionnaires using CSPro on Windows
- Collect data seamlessly on both Android and Windows platforms
- Automatically synchronize questionnaires and data using Bluetooth, Dropbox or FTP
- Export data to Excel, Stata, SPSS, and other formats
- Features designed for survey data collection:
- Skip patterns
- Robust error and consistency checking
- Rosters allow for blocks of repeating questions
- Use reference files for panel surveys
- Multiple language support
- Implement complex logic using the CSPro programming language
It simplifies the development of sensor-based mobile applications by creating a common abstraction point that enables all sensors to be accessed through a unified common interface regardless of the communication medium used. The framework provides a simple, high-performing, and flexible abstraction on which to develop and deploy user-level device drivers on Android.
The ODK Sensors Framework supports sensors over the USB and Bluetooth communication channels as well as Android's built-in sensors.
Build custom forms, surveys, checklists, and inspection reports or audits applications. Deploy to mobile users for collecting field date online or offline. Upload to the cloud or your own dedicated servers. Monitor, Visualize and analyze data, export customized formats with dynamic Reports.
Customizing Open Data Kit (ODK) based applications: EarlySail is able to create custom versions of applications that utilize Open Data Kit or other mobile data collection technologies.
We can customize the ODK Collect Client, the ODK Aggregate Server as well as create custom web applications to better report on your collected data.
Ask us about Android ODK Collect Client Customization at email@example.com
Run side by side with any other ODK based Application on the same smartphone or tablet
Your Custom App Icon
Your Custom App Name
Your Custom App Splash page
Pre-configure your own ODK Aggregate Server URL or alternate servers.
Button Colors and Backgrounds
Utilize your own Google Analytics tracking ID
Add an About Us Page
Add a Send Feedback feature
With Collect – creating a mobile survey is as easy as typing an email. By using our web dashboard allows you to create multiple types of questions, assign skip logic, create section layout & easily
publish them on mobile devices.
Our Android App works in multiple languages, in the absence of internet and allows field staff to capture information in multiple formats – videos, audio, photos, text, location based (GPS enabled), numerical and multiple choice questions.
Some of our features include:
Upload questionnaires from excel directly to build a form
Select records from database to track progress
Works offline – Collect data without internet connectivity
Save responses as drafts to resume data collection later
Media questions (Photo, & Audio inputs)
GPS based location tracking
Supports table based responses
Multiple levels of skip logics & conditions
Supports local languages
Multiple surveys under an organization
Download data in real-time
Over 120+ partners are using Collect to automate and improve data collection processes such as:
a. Baseline, Midline & End line Surveys
b. Impact Assessment
c. Tracking & Monitoring
d. Customer feedback
e. Market research
f. Supply chain management & Logistics
By Using Collect, we saved about 10 minutes per household survey. For our survey of 8000 households, this translated to 80000 minutes of time. – Prakash Bhat, SCOPE Dharwad
‘An average household survey on paper took us 40 minutes to complete. We’re able to do it in under
25 minutes using Collect’ – Nirmala devi, field staff, Tata Trust
"Tracking data that solves problems is the mission they are on" - Economic Times
Use the web dashboard to create your survey on Collect here : www.collect.socialcops.org
For help on how to use dashboard and the app, please visit www.socialcops.zendesk.com
Download the app now to start taking responses!
About the Company
SocialCops (www.SocialCops.com) is a mission driven data company which builds solutions to impact better decision making. We were on this year’s Forbes 30 and Fortune 40 lists. Our work at the intersection of technology, data and impact has won us accolades globally including from the United Nations, Microsoft and IBM.
GetSurvey App is used to take surveys or answer questionnaires of various question types. The survey results are viewed as reports by the survey organizers at https://getsurveyapp.com.
1. Focuses on organizations
2. Perform surveys even when you are offline
3. Anonymous surveys
4. Allows the user to share the location from where the survey was taken.
5. Third party integration with hooks
6. SurveyApp has conditional questions!