ODK Collect is designed to work out of touch with a cellular network / Wi-Fi during the data collection effort. Once back in the network coverage, the completed forms can be copied out of the device or sent to a server (you control) for analysis.
ODK Aggregate is a free server. ODK Collect can use ODK Aggregate to download the form definitions and receive completed forms. ODK Aggregate can generate CSV files or publish data in Google Spreadsheets, Google Fusion Tables and elsewhere. There is a robust user community and many companies that can provide assistance to organizations deploying surveys based on ODK.
Go to https://opendatakit.org for more information.
Collect field data and conduct field surveys faster and easier than ever before.
Simply sign in with your GIS Cloud account (or sign up for free) and send collected data directly to your GIS Cloud app in the cloud.
You can customize your data forms to include photos and audio as well as standard text, number, or choice inputs.
Couple this mobile app with the MDC Portal web app on http://mdc.giscloud.com and have your team out and about in a quarter of an hour!
GIS Cloud, powerful next-generation cloud solutions that manage geo-located assets and information.
All you need in the field:
- Offline data capture
- Media (photos & audio) enriched location information
- QR code and barcode support
- Dropdowns, lists, input boxes and comments based on custom forms
- Review data attributes directly in the app
- Edit existing data
- Listen to audio and view images
- Real time GPS location
- View and explore maps in the field
Prepare and analyse in the office:
- Cloud based web apps
- Custom forms designer
- Rich GIS symbology and visualization
- Data editing and exporting
- One-click map and data sharing
- Real time collaboration
- Map publishing
- Spatial Queries & Analysis
- Account administration
The winner of the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award, and the Lemelson-MIT Award for Sustainability, Magpi is the most widely used mobile data collection tool in the development sector -- with more than 27,000 users in more than 170 countries. Customers include the World Bank, the Red Cross, UNICEF, the World Health Organization, CDC, Camfed, and many others.
Magpi: the fastest, easiest, least expensive way to collect data on your Android
Copyright 2014 Magpi.
Build custom forms, surveys, checklists, and inspection reports or audits applications. Deploy to mobile users for collecting field date online or offline. Upload to the cloud or your own dedicated servers. Monitor, Visualize and analyze data, export customized formats with dynamic Reports.
Customizing Open Data Kit (ODK) based applications: EarlySail is able to create custom versions of applications that utilize Open Data Kit or other mobile data collection technologies.
We can customize the ODK Collect Client, the ODK Aggregate Server as well as create custom web applications to better report on your collected data.
Ask us about Android ODK Collect Client Customization at firstname.lastname@example.org
Run side by side with any other ODK based Application on the same smartphone or tablet
Your Custom App Icon
Your Custom App Name
Your Custom App Splash page
Pre-configure your own ODK Aggregate Server URL or alternate servers.
Button Colors and Backgrounds
Utilize your own Google Analytics tracking ID
Add an About Us Page
Add a Send Feedback feature
It simplifies the development of sensor-based mobile applications by creating a common abstraction point that enables all sensors to be accessed through a unified common interface regardless of the communication medium used. The framework provides a simple, high-performing, and flexible abstraction on which to develop and deploy user-level device drivers on Android.
The ODK Sensors Framework supports sensors over the USB and Bluetooth communication channels as well as Android's built-in sensors.
- Design, create, and test census and survey questionnaires using CSPro on Windows
- Collect data seamlessly on both Android and Windows platforms
- Automatically synchronize questionnaires and data using Dropbox or FTP
- Export data to Excel, Stata, SPSS, and other formats
- Features designed for survey data collection:
- Skip patterns
- Robust error and consistency checking
- Rosters allow for blocks of repeating questions
- Use reference files for panel surveys
- Multiple language support
- Implement complex logic using the CSPro programming language