Seattle-Map is a pilot project to bring location specific historical information to mobile technology as an aid to students, tourists, and those interested in Seattle neighborhoods. Using GPS information the app can locate the user on the map and show the relevant city history near the user's location. The map can zoom from a full city view to a street level view of any location in the city or zero in on the user's current location. Thus the app can serve as a street map of the city of Seattle.
The complete database for HistoryLink.org is available online or via the app menu item "Go to HistoryLink.org." Over 5,880 essays and additional features can be searched or browsed with the app using a web browser interface. Many of the essays, particularly in southeast Seattle, have been translated into four different languages including Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Somali, and Vietnamese.
This application was created by Historylink.org and funded by the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods and is released by the Word-Ware development group. Watch for future map-based history applications from Historylink.org!
*** HOW TO USE ***
Tab to insert a point. Change orientation to reset the canvas.
*** WHAT'S MISSING ***
Saving, undoing and coloring is not supported yet.
If you need to save it I recommend you to just capture the entire display.
BUILT USING PROCESSING(processing.org)
More from developer
We get it…you’re bombarded by breaking stock news and stories. We offer something different: Clear and actionable stock advice with a daily dose approach.
Louis Navellier, an expert the New York Times called “an icon among growth investors,” will give you a new Stock of the Day, every trading day, with his proven buy, sell, or hold analysis.
Easy to follow A-to-F letter grades and vivid charts make it simple and effective for novice and expert users alike.
You’ll also get Navellier’s Market Dashboard, a daily snapshot of the stocks leading and lagging the Dow, S&P 500 and Russell 2000, with current grades for each.
Other free features include:
• Navellier’s Daily Blog for market insights.
• Handy dictionary of important stock terms.
• Calendar of events and other key dates to save.
• Archive of the last 30 Stock of the Day reports.
• Saving and sharing features via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email.
Seize the day, download it now!
App features include:
- voter registration
- free music from RTV featured artists
- save articles and photos to view on any device
- share via Twitter, Facebook and email
- calendar of events and other important dates that you can save to your phone
- reminders for events near you
Act Local Media builds products for publishers and writers that amplify marketing and drive sales of digital publications. Learn more about how you can create and maintain an app at http://authors.actlocalmedia.com
From the author of "My Message is C.L.E.A.R.," the Gabe Murfitt App connects fans to the inspiring writer and speaker who shares up-to-the minute insights from his experiences.
App features include
- articles, photos and videos that you can share with your friends via Twitter, Facebook and email
- a calendar of events and other important dates that you can save to your phone
- updates from Gabe's appearances and travels