Timeline brings to life the paintings of such masters as Botticelli, Da Vinci, Micheclangelo, Van Gogh, Monet, Courbet, Klimt, and 73 others in an eye-catching and easy to navigate format.
★ App Features
‣ Complete details of the work including the title, year of completion, actual dimensions, creator, current gallery location, etc. paired with a high-resolution digital image.
‣ Brief artist synopsis including date/location of birth/death, completed works, and more.
‣ Slide navigation at bottom of screen allows for quick scanning through years, artists, and their paintings.
‣ Swipe with a touch of the finger to jump from artist to artist.
‣ Supports Portrait and Landscape modes.
‣ Currently details 80 artists.
"Timeline - Art Museum" presents both public domain artworks and works that are protected by copyright. The works protected by copyright are posted on the application in accordance with fair use principles, because:
1. They are historically significant artworks;
2. The images are only being used for informational and educational purposes;
3. The images are readily available on the internet;
4. The images are low resolution copies of the original artworks and are unusable for commercial use;
"Timeline - Art Museum" uses Copyright term based on author's deaths according to Republic of Korea Copyright Law, that is 50 years. In other countries, the duration of copyright term may differ. Artworks protected by copyright are supposed to be used for contemplation. Images of that type of artworks are prohibited for copying, printing, or any kind of reproducing and communicating to public since these activities may be considered copyright infringement.
Art Academy is a reference app for modern and classic art. This virtual art gallery lets you learn more about your favorite paintings and artists and share them with friends. You can also browse the painting collections of the best museums in the world and locate them on a map.
• Browse a very large collection of painting masterpieces which have all be categorized to make browsing and searching as easy as possible.
• Easily swipe between paintings/painters/museums.
• Choose your favorite carousels and add them to the app home-screen.
• Set paintings as wallpapers, share them or save them.
• View high resolution images with the ability to zoom in.
• View museums and their collections as well and find them on a map.
• View a slideshow of paintings.
• Bookmark you favorite paintings/painters/museums.
• Links to Wikipedia page for painter/painting/museum and lets you share the link.
• Visit the official website of museums.
• Home screen widget.
• Search for paintings, painters and museums.
- Search paintings by title (e.g. Mona Lisa, Night Watch, Water Lilies, Las Meninas, etc.), medium (e.g. Oil, Canvas, etc.), period (e.g. Italian Renaissance, Art Nouveau, Impressionism, etc.), or art genre (e.g. abstract art, landscape, portrait, self-portrait, still-life, Ukiyo-e, etc.). There are over 16000 paintings available.
- Search painters by name (e.g. van Gogh, Monet, Cézanne, Matisse, da Vinci, Velázquez, El Greco, Goya, Chikanobu, etc.), period (e.g. Surrealism, Romanticism, Expressionism, Cubism, Rococo, Edo, etc.), or nationality. We have more than 900 painters.
- Search museums by name (e.g. Prado, Louvre, Ufizzi Tate Britain, Metropolitan Museum of Art, etc.), type (e.g. historical building, archeological museum, ancient art museum, etc.) and country. We provide information on more than 600 museums.
Google play license check: Used to check the application license.
Read Google service configuration: Used to display museum on a map.
Full network access, view network connections: Used to fetch content/ads/maps.
Set wallpaper, adjust wallpaper size: Used to set paintings as wallpapers.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: Used to save painting images to the sdcard.
Google play billing service: Used to upgrade to the ad free version.
Opened to the public in 1929 in a beautiful Beaux Arts building on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, the Rodin Museum houses some 140 works in bronze, marble and plaster by the great French sculptor Auguste Rodin. A gift to the city from philanthropist and movie theatre magnate Jules Mastbaum, the Museum offers one of the most comprehensive collections of the artist’s work outside Paris.
This application presents thirty-one sculptures by Rodin with audio and visual information on the objects, the artist and the Museum in Philadelphia. Information is presented by a museum curator, conservator and architectural historian. Pinch screen technology allows for extreme close up views of each object. Users can select objects a random, follow one of three related themes, share experiences through social media, and contribute to the Museum’ s online presence through photo sharing.
The Rodin Museum, Philadelphia
Benjamin Franklin Parkway at 22nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Category views, numeric keypad entry and the keyword search function enable you to access the tour anyway you wish.
- Play Museum
Move objects in a matrix to discover the highlights of the extensive holdings of the Kunsthistorisches Museum. Play with your favourite objects and learn interesting details about the museum’s treasures.
- Share Museum
A variety of share functions allows you to share both objects and interesting special exhibitions with your friends, inviting them to enjoy the fascinating world of the museum.
- Visit Museum
The APP gives you all the information you need for your visit to the museum: everything from current special exhibitions and events to opening hours, entrance fees and details on how to get to our various collections and locations.
The Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna is one of the largest and most important museums in the world; its fascinating holdings are the result of Habsburg connoisseurship and patronage and comprise artworks spanning several millennia: from Ancient Egypt to the late 18th century.
Download the app.
Focus on the works. The white mark on the floor indicates the best position to stand.
Wait a few seconds and discover the hidden contents.
Share your experience
Chagall: Love, War, and Exile, for the first time in the U.S., explores artwork from the 1930s and 1940s by Marc Chagall (1887-1985), one of the foremost modernist of the 20th century. This was a significant but lesser-known period which Chagall spent in France and then in exile in New York due to World War II. Chagall invented his own syncretic style, drawing on elements of Russian Christian icons, Cubism, Surrealism, as well as folk tradition and Fauvist color, maintaining this independence consistently throughout his career.
Beginning with the evocative paintings from his years in France, the exhibition illuminates an artist deeply responsive to the suffering inflicted by war and to his own personal losses and intimate sorrows. In the late 1940s Chagall returns to colorful, joy-filled work celebrating love. The exhibition includes 30 paintings and 24 works on paper, as well as selected letters, poems, photos, and ephemera.
This application includes audio that features interviews with exhibition curator Susan Goodman, Chagall’s granddaughter and art historian Bella Meyer, and Professor of Art History at New York University Kenneth Silver. Seventeen selected images from the exhibition are also included.
Chagall: Love, War, and Exile
The Jewish Museum, New York
1109 Fifth Avenue at 92nd Street, New York, NY 10128
September 15, 2013 – February 2, 2014
Category views, numeric keypad entry and the keyword search function enable you to access the tour anyway you wish.
Beautiful images from baroque period.
You will feel like you are in an art museum.
Does not require internet :), images are in the app.
Some info from Wikipedia about Caravaggio:
Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (29 September 1571 – 18 July 1610) was an Italian artist active in Rome, Naples, Malta, and Sicily between 1593 and 1610. His paintings, which combine a realistic observation of the human state, both physical and emotional, with a dramatic use of lighting, had a formative influence on the Baroque school of painting.
Caravaggio trained as a painter in Milan under Simone Peterzano who had himself trained under Titian. In his early twenties Caravaggio moved to Rome where, during the late 16th and early 17th centuries, many huge new churches and palazzi were being built and paintings were needed to fill them. During the Counter-Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church searched for religious art with which to counter the threat of Protestantism, and for this task the artificial conventions of Mannerism, which had ruled art for almost a century, no longer seemed adequate.
Caravaggio's novelty was a radical naturalism that combined close physical observation with a dramatic, even theatrical, use of chiaroscuro. This came to be known as Tenebrism, the shift from light to dark with little intermediate value. He burst upon the Rome art scene in 1600 with the success of his first public commissions, the Martyrdom of Saint Matthew and Calling of Saint Matthew. Thereafter he never lacked commissions or patrons, yet he handled his success poorly. He was jailed on several occasions, vandalized his own apartment, and ultimately had a death warrant issued for him by the Pope.
An early published notice on him, dating from 1604 and describing his lifestyle three years previously, tells how "after a fortnight's work he will swagger about for a month or two with a sword at his side and a servant following him, from one ball-court to the next, ever ready to engage in a fight or an argument, so that it is most awkward to get along with him."In 1606 he killed a young man in a brawl and fled from Rome with a price on his head. He was involved in a brawl in Malta in 1608, and another in Naples in 1609, possibly a deliberate attempt on his life by unidentified enemies. This encounter left him severely injured. A year later, at the age of 38, he died under mysterious circumstances in Porto Ercole, reportedly from a fever while on his way to Rome to receive a pardon.
Famous while he lived, Caravaggio was forgotten almost immediately after his death, and it was only in the 20th century that his importance to the development of Western art was rediscovered. Despite this, his influence on the new Baroque style that eventually emerged from the ruins of Mannerism was profound. It can be seen directly or indirectly in the work of Rubens, Jusepe de Ribera, Bernini, and Rembrandt, and artists in the following generation heavily under his influence were called the "Caravaggisti" or "Caravagesques", as well as Tenebrists or "Tenebrosi" ("shadowists"). Andre Berne-Joffroy, Paul Valéry's secretary, said of him: "What begins in the work of Caravaggio is, quite simply, modern painting."
More from developer
We get it…you’re bombarded by breaking stock news and stories. We offer something different: Clear and actionable stock advice with a daily dose approach.
Louis Navellier, an expert the New York Times called “an icon among growth investors,” will give you a new Stock of the Day, every trading day, with his proven buy, sell, or hold analysis.
Easy to follow A-to-F letter grades and vivid charts make it simple and effective for novice and expert users alike.
You’ll also get Navellier’s Market Dashboard, a daily snapshot of the stocks leading and lagging the Dow, S&P 500 and Russell 2000, with current grades for each.
Other free features include:
• Navellier’s Daily Blog for market insights.
• Handy dictionary of important stock terms.
• Calendar of events and other key dates to save.
• Archive of the last 30 Stock of the Day reports.
• Saving and sharing features via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email.
Seize the day, download it now!
App features include:
- voter registration
- free music from RTV featured artists
- save articles and photos to view on any device
- share via Twitter, Facebook and email
- calendar of events and other important dates that you can save to your phone
- reminders for events near you
Act Local Media builds products for publishers and writers that amplify marketing and drive sales of digital publications. Learn more about how you can create and maintain an app at http://authors.actlocalmedia.com
From the author of "My Message is C.L.E.A.R.," the Gabe Murfitt App connects fans to the inspiring writer and speaker who shares up-to-the minute insights from his experiences.
App features include
- articles, photos and videos that you can share with your friends via Twitter, Facebook and email
- a calendar of events and other important dates that you can save to your phone
- updates from Gabe's appearances and travels