AddyMate is a social discovery app that helps you quickly connect with interesting people around you without sacrificing your privacy.
Simply send a connection request and take the guess work out of getting their names or numbers right. Then, continue your conversation privately using the in-app messaging functionality.
**Android 6.0+ users please read the special note at the end regarding permissions required at installation.**
Other benefits include:
- Switching between different profiles appropriate for the occasion
- Discovering your common friends & interests by linking your social accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Google Plus
- Connecting when you're offline by scanning the profile QR codes
- Connecting on other social networks without leaving the app
Download the FREE AddyMate app now & start discovering interesting people nearby!
For Android 6.0+ users:
Here's what the installation permissions prompts mean & why the app needs access to these phone capabilities:
1. The phone's location is used to show other users around you & vice versa. You can always become invisible by turning off the "Discoverable" setting.
2. The 'phone calls' permission is required only to determine whether the phone is connected to the internet. The app doesn't access your call logs or other related information.
3. The app lets you save your connections' contact info to your phone & requires access to the contacts list on the phone. It doesn't read the contacts that you already have. You can control this through the "Add to contacts" setting.
4. You get to select a pic for your profile from your saved Gallery/Photos device folders. This requires the app to access your media.
5. You can also take a pic for your profile using the camera. This requires the app to be able to take pictures.