Seabook contains ;
- COLREG (International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea)
- GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System)
- Ship Stability
- HazMat , Dangerous Goods
- Marine Engineering
- Ship Navigation
- International Code of Signals
- Country Flags and Currency
Application developed to run in all devices.
Seabook supports below devices ;
Able to run on 99.9% mobile devices, televisions and computers.
- iOS - Apple iPhone/iPad
- Android - HTC, Samsung, Lenovo, Nexus, Acer, Dell, Foxconn, Fujitsu, HP, Huawei, LG, Panasonic, Philips - Electronics, Sharp, Sony Ericsson, Toshiba, ZTE and more.
- Symbian OS - Nokia Mobile Phones - even old models.
- WebOS - Smart Televisions.
- Windows Mobile Phones.
- Windows Desktop/Laptop Operation Systems - Win 2000/NT/XP/Vista/7/8.
Further versions of Seabook may contain more accessible and much more user friendly widgets which may require new device.
Application design & development by ;
Ozgur Dogan GUNES
You can test the first chapter of “Knots & Splices” FREE OF CHARGE and you only pay via In-App-Payment for your choice of additional videos.
A list with all the available knots and splices and the corresponding prices will be shown at the end of this text.
You wish to learn the most useful seaman or climbing knots? Make your own regatta-style soft shackles? Master complicated splice techniques? Or, for example, you cannot remember how to start on an eye splice? No problem, with this app you will find help – no matter if you are beginner or advanced.
Firstly, without commitment and free of charge, this app offers the following standard knots for download:
•Two Half Hitches
In total this app contains 50 extensive and commented videos for:
•25 Knots (with variations shown the count is 32)
•4 Different techniques for coiling, handling and belaying rope correctly
•6 Whippings and seizings
•15 Splices for laid, twisted, eight-plait, single braid, double braid and parallel core ropes. Splices for high-modulus ropes like Dyneema, Spectra a.o., also Soft Shackles, stripped sheets, anchor splices and rope-wire splices
This app offers the following 9 video-bundles at different prices:
(The videos can be bought separately as well at a minimal price)
1. Five Knots for Starters (free of charge):
•Two Half Hitches
2. Ten Knots to Know:
•Double Figure Eight
•Double Sheet Bend
3. Ten More Knots for the Advanced:
•Bowline on the Bight
•Overhand Bend / Water Knot
•Icicle Hitch, The Ultimate Stopper
•Fast Angler‘s Loop, Flying Bowline
4. Coiling, Handling and Belaying Rope
•Coiling Laid Rope
•Coiling Braided Rope
•Finishing a Coil – Three Variations
•Casting, Belaying and Hauling
5. Whippings and Seizings:
•Whippings for Laid Rope
•Palm & Needle Whipping
•Seizing an Eye
6. Splicing Laid Rope:
•Eye / Thimble Splice
•Back Splice / Shackle Splice
7. Splicing Braided Rope:
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Eight-Plait Rope
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Single-Braid Rope
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope
•End-to-End Splice in Double-Braid Rope
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Parallel-Core Braided Rope
8. Splicing High-Modulus Braided Rope and Soft Shackles:
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Single-Braid High-Modulus Rope
•Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid High-Modulus Rope
•Stripping the Cover
•Rope Shackles / Soft Shackles
9. Splicing Rope to Wire and Chain:
•Splicing Double-Braid Rope to Wire
•Splicing Laid Rope to Chain
•Splicing Eight-Plait Rope to Chain
Learning in this app takes three stages. In the first stage "Study", the vessels can be browsed, and each vessel shows its lights from the side as well as from the top. A unique feature is that the vessel can be rotated by swiping, so that it can be viewed from all angles. In the second stage "Practice", random vessels are presented from a random angle, and in side view. Make a choice out of four answers. It is possible to cheat in various way: asking for the correct answer, rotating the vessel, going back to other vessels. The final stage is the "Examination". There is no cheating here. Random vessels from a random angle. Case after case. The timer is running. When the examination is finished, you are rewarded with a report. And, another unique feature, you can review your answers.
The app has some customization features such as choosing the amount of questions in the examination, whether to beep on correct/wrong answers, and the language (only English, French and Dutch supported at the moment).
Of course you can share your examination results with your friends.
This app requires no permissions.
If you want to make a translation for your language, please contact the developer (see e-mail address down below).
Keywords: Navigation Lights, Boat lights, Maritime Lights, Sailing, Coll.Reg., Collision Regulations, ColReg, ColRegs, Night.
"An excellent job of covering basic seamanship in this program." - Sailing World.
"Will help Sailors be more confident and even enjoy sailing in heavy weather." - Gary Jobson.
Don't set sail without viewing this expertly produced series. - People Magazine. Based on the famous book and narrated by the author himself, John Rousmaniere, these award-winning programs are some of the most outstanding in the field. Featuring World Renowned Sailing Expert John Rousmaniere.
Featuring world renonwned sailing expert John Rousmaniere. This is the most complete and detailed instructional app ever made about sailing, from the first moment you first climb aboard, to dropping anchor. While this program deals with a voyage made under sail, many of the techniques demonstrated apply equally to power boaters, to whom seamanship and navigation skills are as important as to the sailor. Every maneuver and technique is demonstrated clearly with plenty of close ups and action replays. Subjects covered include, basic navigation and planning a cruise, sail handling and sail trim, anchoring and docking, steering and boat handling, safety at sea, what to wear, moving around on deck, knots and rop work and much more.
Download CFR 33 & 46 to you cell phone for EASY MOBILE Reference.
Get The free ADOBE reader first. Then download each of the the Titles for 33 & 46 PDF directly to your SD card. Now you can access the CFRs for reference and study without having to connect to the web!
Update as you like to be sure you always have the most up-to-date version. CFRs come directly from the US Government Printing Office and are Officially Signed.
Also link to the USCG.mil web and TWIK for quick access to current information and references.
Give us a Review if you can. This helps us stay relevant so we can continue to assist you.
Be sure to check out our "Study Mate" Study Apps for each section of the Mariners Certification. These are the actual questions on the test!
It includes Day & Night Signals displayed by vessels as well as the Buoyage systems and Alphabetical numeral flags and their meanings.
Following features have been incorporated:
1) Sound signals as heard out at sea.
2) Flashing lights displayed as required by the Collision avoidance rules.
3) Buoyage system with flashing lights
4) Light Characteristics as displayed by various light houses, buoys etc.
5) Self test. At the end of each self test a candidate will get a score to assess his/her progress.
6) General Principles of IALA buoyage system
7) Flag etiquette
You can even send us an email with suggestions, criticism etc directly from the application home page provided your handset is configured to send emails. Just CLICK on the web address and a mail box opens. Type your message and SEND. We will promptly evaluate your input and make the appropriate updates. Thank you in advance for your feedback.
BHANDARKAR PUBLICATIONS, INDIA
The SailingApp is a Dynamic New Web Based Sailing & Boating App!
This allows us to add the Information You want in Real Time!
New Content, Photos, Repair & Maintenance Tips added constantly.
With over 200 Reference Topics, Tools, Alarms, Alerts, and Photos!
The SailingApp is designed for Sailors by Sailors from the water up.
SailingApp built to perform on Android Smartphones 2.3.3 and above.
Where will it take you…
Here are just some of the many cutting edge Benefits you will enjoy!
• Innovative New Technology
• Web Based Accessibility
• Real Time Updates
• New Content Added Constantly
• Archived Content Available Always
• Alphabetically Organized Topics
• Over 200 Sub-Topics
• Quick Keyword Search
• Useful Checklists
• In-App Browser
• Useful & Informative Links
• Large Tool Set In One App
• Visual Accessibility Adjustments
• Easy To Find Notes & Reminders
• “Log Book” Social Sailing Forum
• Cloud Backup & Recovery
• Interactive User Features
• Glossary Of Sailing Terms
• Gallery Of Professional Sailing Photography
• Gallery Photos Fit To Screen Landscape & Portrait
• Member Website Access On Non-Mobile Devices
• Add Notes & Reminders From Website to Device
• Alerts and Email Notification
• User Friendly, Interactive & Innovative
- vozel za bojo,
- moški vozel,
- osmica in
Naučite se vezanja mornarskih vozlov, ki jih je potrebno poznati za izpit za čoln!
Spinaker.si, navtično izobraževanje
Explore the structure of the Internet:
• Zoom and pan to enlarge or rotate the map in 3D
• Tap on nodes to learn more about them
• Browse historical data and events that shaped the Internet
• Perform a traceroute to a node from your network
• Search for companies or domains you're interested in
• Change views to see geographic or hierarchical maps
"This fascinating app represents the Internet and highlights its different aspects." – CNNMoney
"The Map of the Internet app gets a Gearhead rating of 5 out of 5! Outstanding!" – Network World
"It is a beautiful way to show someone what the internet looks like." – GigaOm
"Fantastic and beautiful" - Gizmodo
Both tablets and phones are supported.