kboard is a powerful productivity tool that can be used alongside your regular keyboard.
Each key is customizable, and can be a word, sentence, a set of commands to execute (like a macro). It can now even get some data from the internet and send it as a message - all in one tap of a key!
Examples of uses are:
* storing repetitive messages (e.g. happy birthday)
* Custom text emoji/faces (e.g. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
* retrieve and send an answer from Wolfram Alpha
* a key to convert a song title to a Youtube video
* a key that outputs a random title from a subreddit like /r/AskReddit
* convert search terms into site-specific searches.
More examples of use (and a list of available commands) on the wiki - https://github.com/adgad/kboard/wiki