One of the best things about Amazon’s digital bookstore is that many of its most popular books are offered completely free of charge during brief promotional periods. If you manage to find and download a book while it’s offered free, it’s yours to keep—forever. It’s a great way to sample a new genre, or perhaps discover an author you hadn’t noticed before.
I love downloading free books to my Kindles so much, I started a website and newsletter called KindleBuffet.com to help keep track of the very best books currently available free. (The free promotions usually last only a few days, but there’s a new crop every day). Take a look, and I’m sure you’ll be amazed at the wealth of great books—usually there are several hundred freebies in virtually every category of fiction and nonfiction, every day of the year. And these aren’t just the dogs that nobody wants, the selection includes bona-fide bestsellers from the most famous authors in the world. You may never have to pay for a book again! Heaven knows I’ve already downloaded more books than I’d be able to read in three lifetimes. But there’s two things I’ve never been able to refuse—free food and free books.
Of the thousands of new books made available every day, I whittle the list down to highlight only the best on Kindle Buffet . For this, I use a two simple yardsticks: how many five-star reviews have Amazon customers posted about the book? Then, to skim the cream a bit more, I compare a book’s number of positive reviews versus negative reviews. Although individual reviewers frequently disagree about a given book—and Amazon certainly has its share of knuckleheads offering their two-cents’ worth—the bottom line is usually clear: the best, most widely enjoyed books attract the most (and best percentage of) positive reviews.
Kindle Buffet also has bestseller lists, updated hourly, of free Kindle books for every Amazon category—fiction, romance, business, cookbooks—you name it. So if you’d like to load up your Kindle with plenty of great reading material without spending a dime, check out Kindle Buffet.
Kindle blogs are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. And unlike RSS readers which often only provide headlines, blogs on Kindle give you full text content and images, and are updated wirelessly throughout the day.
Displays a daily hand-picked list of dozens of five-star Kindle books temporarily offered free that day. Includes fiction and nonfiction books from your favorite authors. No Kindle hardware is required -- you may read these great freebies on any phone, tablet or computer using the free Kindle reader app -- or, of course, you may read them on your Kindle Fire, Paperwhite, or e-Ink reader.
You may never have to pay for books again!
* Read eBooks in a powerful, feature-rich interface
* Highlight specific passages and bookmark pages
* Use the notebook to view all your book notes & highlights
* Track your reading progress through the progress bar visualization
Como a experiência do mundo da leitura digital-social, O Copia permite que você leia e discuta os livros que você gosta com seus amigos e colegas leitores.
O Copia para o Android é um aplicativo cheio de possibilidades, fácil de usar, que se une à comunidade de leitura social Copia e permite sincronizar livros digitais, notas e atividade social na internet, no seu desktop com seu dispositivo Android.
Com Copia você pode:
* Criar uma biblioteca digital de todos os livros você já leu ou pretende ler, físico ou digital
* Iniciar sua experiência no mundo da leitura digital
* Ver sua biblioteca em formato digital intuitivo, exibindo em lista, mosaico ou em grade
* Ler livros em formato EPUB e outros formatos digitais em uma poderoso interface
* Destacar passagens específicas e marcar páginas
* Acompanhar seu progresso de leitura através da barra de progresso
* Usar a opinião de outros usuarios do Copia para ajudar a encontrar leituras direcionadas aos seus interesses
* Sincronizar e ler notas de seus amigos e membros da comunidade dentro do leitor digital
* Sincronizar sua biblioteca e ativade social com a comunidade on-line Copia