**The application won't work on Android version 4.2 and on later Android versions because of some restrictions**
- improve GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE signal reception on your mobile phone/tablet
- instantly improve calls and internet connections
- improve speed of downloading and data transmission
- prolong battery life
- find the strongest signal from the base mobile station within coverage area
- this application is a guaranteed way to find out the reason of weak signal on your mobile phone. If cellular signal is weak because you mobile phone gets always connected to the wrong mobile station, this application will exactly help you.
- if the signal is low because of poor coverage in the surrounding area, you may need special appliances for signal improvement.
The way the application works:
You should click "Improve the signal" and application will do the rest for you. Application finds the strongest mobile signal within the coverage area and get connected to the nearest base station. Due to reconnection to the nearest base station mobile signal level will incease on your mobile phone/tablet.
Please, write us if you have some some comments or suggestions.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
It places also a shortcut in the statusbar to reach the settings from everywhere.
For Android versions since Lollipop it only works if the device is rooted.
This app is usable for free, but if is the case, it includes a 5 seconds delay before process the requests.
Also, it Includes settings to automatically disconnect mobile data when screen becomes off and to reenable when the screen is turned on, and also a convenient shortcut in the statusbar.
It's shortcut(blame google for that) for network system settings which allows you change 2G-3G and data roaming mode with 2 clicks instead of 4
How to add widget:
If you on HC, ICS or Jelly Bean:
Open All Apps -> Select Widgets tab -> Find widget in the list
For older versions:
Long click on empty space on your home screen -> Widgets -> Select widget from the list.
If widget doesn't appear on the widget list:
it is a bug in launcher, try to restart it:
Settings -> Apps -> Running tab -> Click on Show Cached Processes -> Select Launcher From the list and click Stop.
Try to re add widget
NOT FOR CDMA PHONES
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack!
If you wish to know what network do you use most and how good coverage has your operator, you are on right place. This network monitor also provide information about data usage over mobile connection and Wi-Fi connection.
It is also possible to use one of widgets to toggle 2G and 3G network.
• monitor current network status and show network usage in graphs and tables
• monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for applications
• monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for mobile data
• monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for Wi-Fi
• widget to toggle network mode (2G/3G/4G/…) - it is only shortcut, because Google block access to change it directly
• widget to toggle mobile data, synchronization, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi tether/Wi-Fi hotspot
• widgets 1x1 for data traffic counter
• notification for lost signal
• 5 color schemes
• no advertisement
• unlimited monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for applications
• unlimited monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for mobile data
• unlimited monitor data traffic counter with graph and tables for Wi-Fi
• notification for mobile data limit
• widgets 2x1 for data traffic counter
★Application detect following networks
2G (GPRS), 2G (EDGE), 3G (UMTS), 3G (HSDPA), 3G (HSPA), 3G (HSUPA), 3G(EHRPD), CDMA (RTT), CDMA, CDMA (EVDO 0), CDMA (EVDO A), CDMA (EVDO B), IDEN, 4G (LTE), 4G (HSPAP)
HSPAP is considered as 4G, because it allows similar speed as LTE.
You must run once after installation the application, otherwise Widgets will not work! Also if you use Task Killer, put this app to ignore list! This application doesn´t drain battery. Don´t say it, if you can´t prove it. If you wish to check it by yourself, use applications for it. Please always keep application updated to avoid any problems.
★Help improve application
• If you wish to make this application better:
- let me know how do you think I can do it instead negative rating without explanation
- share with your friends
- help me to translate text to your language or correct localization
- unlock premium
★How to renewal license
Renewal is required only when you install application on new device or reinstall on any device.
• functional internet
• activated synchronization account under which the application was purchased
• turn on the application and the license will be retrieved from the Google servers
★*Widget to toggle Wi-Fi tether/Wi-Fi hotspot by one click!
This function is not supported on many devices, but it should work on many of them. Please don´t rate this application badly, if it is not working for you. There can be a lot of reasons, why this is not working (your operator doesn't support Wi-Fi tethering, it is blocked, your system had been modified by the manufacturer, etc.). I am trying to make it easier for you, but I can´t promise to you that it will work on all devices!
Keep 3G Switch on your screen and don't forget to recommend to your friends.
Your valuable comments are always welcome.
NOT for versions above Android 3.0 (Please use another app)
Important! It will work properly only on the Korean version of Galaxy S (SHW-M110S) and the similar Samsung's Galaxy devices (e.g. Korean Galaxy Tab) with the ROM based on Samsung's original ROM.
I have been reported that this app DOES NOT WORK on some versions of Galaxy S.
This is just a shortcut for Samsung's TouchWiz 3G Setting (TouchWiz 3G Setting Widget). You can turn on or turn off the 3G network with this app.
This will be helpful when you do not use Samsung's Launcher (TouchWiz Launcher) but the launcher you use does not support shortcuts for activities or you want to add it to the dock. You can add a shortcut as a status bar notification, also.
Tested on: Korean Galaxy S (SHW-M110S), Galaxy K (SHW-M130K), Korean Galaxy Tab (SHW-M180S), Korean Galaxy Ace (SHW-M240S), Korean Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L)
* Counts your Mobile (4G / 3G / Edge / GPRS) & WiFi usage and displays it as graph, text, and table.
* Shows your current usage status as a notification icon (green/orange/red) in the status bar.
* Plan & day usage history with CSV export/import.
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes). Mobile network disable/enable widget (Android 2.3 - 4.4).
* Real Time traffic graphs (Mobile and WiFi)
Translated in over 20 languages.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card!
* Doesn't count properly usage on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (SM-G906S and SM-G901F) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Please contact us if you want to help to fix this problem.
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable mobile network" function does not work (the mobile data switch widget and the auto-disable feature are both affected). This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide.
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW, please send a mail to email@example.com with details.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq
Enable/disable mobile data (3G, 4G, etc) on your smartphone with just one click.
With this widget you can turn on/off the 2G, 3G, 4G or LTE mobile network on your cell phone or tablet.
Also works with the new 4G networks!
- Turn on/turn off the 2G/3G/4G network with just one simple click
- Very convenient if you want to limit your mobile data and save on your phone bills
- Better privacy: with just one click you can enable the mobile data on your phone when you need it and then disable it when you don't need it anymore. Doing that you ensure better confidentiality, stopping your phone from sending data in the air anytime and when you don't want to. Do not let the NSA spy on you!
This applications is totally free, ads-free, optimized and secure.
When you perform free tests with 4Gmark, you participate in a collaborative project to aggregate a base of information for understanding and improving the quality of service.
The "Speed Test" quickly calculates downlink and uplink network speed (average Bitrate).
At the end of the Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average bitrate obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
The "Full Test" is a scenario with all protocols (latency, transfer, youtube, web) giving full visibility over the quality of the connection environment. It calculates a score which let you compare between them different smartphones, networks or places.
At the end of the Full Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average score obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
Also in the "Custom Test" section, Customized scenarios of tests are available.
Finally as a bonus, a dashboard that will offer the most current real-time information about your hardware, your location, your cellular and your wifi connection.
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
Worry about slow internet Speed, unable to load web site and video.
Boost your Internet for high speed like 3G/4G Speed.
We are Introducing Internet Booster to boost your internet speed capabilities 30%-40% more faster.
for better internet speed we need strong signals.
* Internet Booster Boost your internet speed for load Video and explore web sites quickly.
* Internet Booster Increase Strength of your data packets and give you a fast internet speed like 3G & 4G.
* Internet Booster improves Signal stability for high speed internet.
So Boost your Internet speed with Our Best Android Internet Booster App.
Tired of a slow connection? With our app firstly we will analyse and optimize your phone to get faster Internet and
better speeds for try to boost your connection. We won't guarantee 100% or 200% in our tests we got from 25% to 50% Internet connection boost.
- Analyses system for any app that could be slowing down your Android Device.
- Adjust WiFi channel for a faster wireless Internet connection.
- Cleaning DNS cache for a Internet speed boost.
- Adjust system MTU/TTL, making Internet connection Faster.
- Optimizing 3G & 4G Connections.
- Better video pre buffering in YouTube or other video sites like Vimeo, Netflix, DailyMotion, etc.
- Reduces overall system memory.
- Depending on the phone, will improve your signal reception.
- Works with rooted or non-rooted phones.
Boost internet, 2g 3g 4g internet, faster internet, Internet connection boost, high internet speed, increase net speed
* This free application is mainly used to analyze and simulate data from your Internet connection after several tests and be able to solve problems wherever possible. Does not work on all terminals and we do not guarantee its proper use.
Tested on Galaxy S.
This app may not work on Ice Cream Sandwich(ICS)
How to use:
- Enable data access over mobile network in android settings.
- In SmartAPN widget or app, gray button is '3G off', green button is '3G on'.
*** Turn 3G on before you delete this app.
** Xposed framework is required http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **
Intelli3G will intelligently manage your 3G connection and prevent your phone from losing battery when you are not using it. Intelli3G will put your phone on 2G network when it is your pocket. It will not disable your data like most other apps. You will still get all your notifications with minimal battery drain.
- Manual 2G/3G toggle
- Switch to 2G on screen off without interrupting any downloads
- Switch to 2G when you are connected to a WiFi network.
- Switch to 2G when data is disabled
- Switch to 3G on screen unlock
- Switch to 3G when bandwidth intensive apps are launched
- Disable service on call/hotspot/charge
Intelli3G featured on XDA:
I observed the below facts about the Nexus 4:
- On 3G idle, you lose around 3-4% battery per hour depending on your 3G network strength.
- On 2G idle, you will lose less than 1% per hour.
I realized that I was constantly disabling 3G to get through the day. Then, I wrote this app to replace all the manual toggling to conserve battery.
If you have had the following problems on your Nexus 4, do try this app
- You lose a significant amount of battery charge overnight.
- You see msm_hsic_host wakelock (related to 3G radio) eating away most of your battery.
- You get less than 3 hours screen on time on a full charge.
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Intelli3G Xposed module and reboot
XDA support thread: