It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid :
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP metar you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text of the metar or taf to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded metar screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text of metar again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Plan. File. Fly.
Garmin Pilot is the most comprehensive suite of tools for Android designed specifically for general aviation and corporate pilots. Flight planning, DUAT(S) filing, charts, interactive maps, weather briefing resources and navigation capabilities; it’s all included. The app’s intuitive interface mirrors those on the newest Garmin touchscreen avionics so you can go seamlessly from preflight to inflight. Plan, file, fly with Garmin Pilot.
Garmin Pilot’s powerful capabilities start with pre-flight planning, providing pilots with the most comprehensive aviation weather information to make better-informed flight decisions. Pilots can check NEXRAD radar, visible and infrared cloud imagery, METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, NOTAMs, winds and temperature aloft, PIREPs, TFRs and lightning data. With Garmin Pilot, data can be displayed over a VFR sectional or an IFR low or high en-route chart to visualize the weather for your route. Add text-based weather widgets and use the exclusive NavTrack feature to view weather along the planned route.
With Garmin Pilot, users can easily enter a flight plan. Pre-loaded forms make it quick to save and reuse data for frequently flown routes. And when the flight plan is ready, Garmin Pilot makes it simple to file, cancel or close the flight plan via DTC DUAT or CSC DUATS.
Garmin Pilot provides full en-route navigation capability on its moving map, while showing ETE, ETA, cross track error, distance to waypoint and current position.
Garmin Pilot. It’s the app aviators have been waiting for.
- Charts: VFR Sectionals, low and high IFR en-route, airport diagrams and approach procedures
- Optional geo-reference Garmin FliteCharts® and Garmin SafeTaxi® show aircraft position on approach charts and taxiways
- Weather Maps: Animated radar, AIRMETs/SIGMETs, Lightning, PIREPs, METARs/TAFs, Winds Aloft, TFRs, Infrared and Visible Satellite
- Extensive text products: METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Area Forecasts and NOTAMs
- Dynamic weather overlays with your route displayed on map
- AOPA Airport Directory
- Flight plan filing via DUAT(S)
- Comprehensive weather data direct from the National Weather Service and Environment Canada
** Please note: $9.99 Monthly Subscription Required. **
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States and Canada by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation & pressure imagery over Google Maps
-Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Light and dark Material themes
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weather archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android comes with different widget sizes, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 for normal screens, and 5x1, 5x2 and 5x3 for large screens and tablets.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android supports a wide range of Android phones; it supports Android Version 2.3 and higher.
- Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
- 10-Day and Hourly Weather with precipitation
- Sunrise and Sunset time
- Atmospheric pressure with different units
- Temperature in status bar
- Share weather and location information with friends.
- Home screen widgets, 5x3, 5x2, 5x1 for large screen only and 4x3, 4x2, 4x1 and 2x1 for all screens.
- Searches for all cities in the world by country and city or zip code
- Ability to set your internet source to Wi-Fi only
- Ability to disable internet access from operators while you are in roaming
- Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Automatic update intervals are: 1, 3, 6, 9, 12 hours and Manual update.
- Auto location detection
- Up to 10 different locations
- Weather map with ability to add any city to your city list
- Notification alerts (with option to disable it)
- Moon phase
- UV Index and Dew Point
- Available in: English, Dansk, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Български, Suomi, Norsk Bokmål, Nederlands, Slovenčina, Slovenščina, Svenska, Română, العربية, كوردى, ئۇيغۇرچە, Français, Hrvatski, Türkçe, Čeština, Español, Català, Italiano, Português, Magyar, Македонски, Pусский, Українська, Қазақ тілі, Polski, Português(Brasil), Српски, Lietuvių, հայերեն, Indonesia, Việt, 日本語, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 한국어.
For any questions or issues, please visit FAQ page at: http://www.devexpert.net/weather
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
This reliable, award winning weather app, offers unrivalled, high-quality, detailed information including:
• 3-hourly forecasts for the week ahead including temperature, wind direction and speed, air pressure, precipitation amount and probability and relative humidity
• View forecast as a graph for an alternative, easy to read outlook
• Worldwide alerts and warning levels for extreme weather
• Global satellite and animated radar for the USA, Australia and much of Europe
• Unlimited favourite locations plus “My location” to automatically show the weather where you are
• Connection to your personal weather stations, in partnership with Netatmo
• NEW: WeatherPro and wearable technology! Connection to your smartwatch (requires Android Wear)
• Additional features: Weather photo, Weather news, Weather reports for over 2 million locations worldwide
• Customizable Widgets (choose your own colour, size, transparency, location, gradient etc.), Live Wallpaper with current weather images and App2SD compatibility
• Explore the benefits of MeteoGroup’s other apps by connecting directly to the 3D globe on MeteoEarth and our severe weather app AlertsPro!
• NO adverts
Already the most comprehensive weather app on the market, WeatherPro also has a Premium subscription option which takes the service to an even more advanced level. WeatherPro Premium offers everything found on the standard app plus:
• Hourly forecasts for 2 weeks ahead
• Windtheme: Windtheme helps users find the optimum wind conditions, by changing the entire interface of WeatherPro to show a central focus on wind data.
• Stunning, high resolution weather maps with multiple layers of advanced weather information including precipitation type radar in Europe, radar forecasts, heat maps, lightning strikes and cloud cover forecasts.
• Ski Weather for over 900 resorts in 17 countries and Beach Weather with UV Index and water temperatures for the Mediterranean, Caribbean and other popular holiday destinations.
• And more…
The extensive list of standard and Premium features has simply got too long to list here so, for full details, please visit www.weatherpro.eu. One subscription covers Premium services on WeatherPro, MeteoEarth and AlertsPro.
For status updates please follow @WeatherPro.
WeatherPro is one of the few weather apps to be developed by true weather professionals – find out more about MeteoGroup, Europe’s largest independent weather company at www.meteogroup.com.
- Quickly find and add your favorite stations to your list by typing in the station or nearby city name
- View current meteorological conditions of your saved stations in list view
- Tapping on a station displays detailed meteorological data and also gives access to the Mesonet plots and the NWS forecast page for that location (swipe left/right to change these pages)
- Dual pane view for Nexus 7 and larger tablets when the device is in landscape orientation
Note that this app does not include a background timer to check periodically for new data. Station source data is updated and made available every 5-8 minutes. When the user navigates from a detail data view back to the list view, or changes the device orientation, the app will only download the latest set of data if 8 minutes or more has passed since the last data download. The user can always force a data download by pressing the refresh button.
The TTU West Texas Mesonet team graciously makes the meteorological data available, but IS NOT responsible for this app. Any feedback, problems, bug, or feature request must be made via the Feedback button in the app menu or using the contact email on this page. Thank you.
Special thanks to the Mesonet team at Texas Tech University and NWS Lubbock for making this project happen.