It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid :
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP metar you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text of the metar or taf to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded metar screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text of metar again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
On Android 5+ the app uses a modern Material design.
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
This app is not designed to search for cities or towns; to get weather information you need to put in the ICAO airport/base identifier. These are four letter identifiers like KMDT (Middletown, PA), PAKN (King Salmon, AK), and KIAD (Dulles, VA). Or put in IATA identifiers, which are three letter identifiers like IAD (Dulles, VA).
Lastly, since this app is a pet project so there are no guarantees. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for new features feel free to e-mail me.
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- Constant Pressure
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
Plan. File. Fly.
Garmin Pilot is the most comprehensive suite of tools for Android designed specifically for general aviation and corporate pilots. Flight planning, DUAT(S) filing, charts, interactive maps, weather briefing resources and navigation capabilities; it’s all included. The app’s intuitive interface mirrors those on the newest Garmin touchscreen avionics so you can go seamlessly from preflight to inflight. Plan, file, fly with Garmin Pilot.
Garmin Pilot’s powerful capabilities start with pre-flight planning, providing pilots with the most comprehensive aviation weather information to make better-informed flight decisions. Pilots can check NEXRAD radar, visible and infrared cloud imagery, METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, NOTAMs, winds and temperature aloft, PIREPs, TFRs and lightning data. With Garmin Pilot, data can be displayed over a VFR sectional or an IFR low or high en-route chart to visualize the weather for your route. Add text-based weather widgets and use the exclusive NavTrack feature to view weather along the planned route.
With Garmin Pilot, users can easily enter a flight plan. Pre-loaded forms make it quick to save and reuse data for frequently flown routes. And when the flight plan is ready, Garmin Pilot makes it simple to file, cancel or close the flight plan via DTC DUAT or CSC DUATS.
Garmin Pilot provides full en-route navigation capability on its moving map, while showing ETE, ETA, cross track error, distance to waypoint and current position.
Garmin Pilot. It’s the app aviators have been waiting for.
- Charts: VFR Sectionals, low and high IFR en-route, airport diagrams and approach procedures
- Optional geo-reference Garmin FliteCharts® and Garmin SafeTaxi® show aircraft position on approach charts and taxiways
- Weather Maps: Animated radar, AIRMETs/SIGMETs, Lightning, PIREPs, METARs/TAFs, Winds Aloft, TFRs, Infrared and Visible Satellite
- Extensive text products: METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Area Forecasts and NOTAMs
- Dynamic weather overlays with your route displayed on map
- AOPA Airport Directory
- Flight plan filing via DUAT(S)
- Comprehensive weather data direct from the National Weather Service and Environment Canada
** Please note: $9.99 Monthly Subscription Required. **
Thanks to all who donated to me by buying this version of Metar Widget. But it now goes free as it will not receive anymore support / updates. Thanks again. Fly safe.
Metar Widget Donate is a simple app that allows you to check METARs in a blink right from your homescreen.
Features of Metar Widget Donate:
features of free version:
- METARs from your favorite airport on homescreen
- quick access to latest METARS and TAFs from widget
- quick access to aviation weather website from METARs/TAFs list
- 2 extra widgets (4x2 and 4x1) displaying raw metar data ( Simple and Tiny widget).
- choose your own widget background/text color and transparency.
- 4 different prest widget backgrounds to choose from
- Save up to 5 airports to browse through on widget
- access PIREPs right from widget
- 5 different list colors
- possibility to search for airfields/airports offering METARs within 50NM of the airfield/airport of your choice.
!! depending on your Android version and/or launcher :
- download and install
- long press on homescreen -> add widget->Metar Widget
-go to app drawer -> select widget on top of screen->scroll to Metar Widget->long press to add to homescreen
*** IMPORTANT : Metar Widget IS NOT AN APPLICATION INTENDED TO USED FOR FLIGHT PLANNING BUT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Please don't forget to rate my app ! Thank you.
- Latest aviation weather overview for your area (within Germany)
- Graphical GAFOR
- LowLevel SIGWX chart Germany
- METAR and TAF (single report, location based search and flight routes)
- High resolution RADAR images of Germany and Europe
The App is provided free of charge, however access to the pc_met briefing system of the Deutscher Wetterdienst (subject to a fee) is required. No additional username or password is needed, you could use the same login as on www.flugwetter.de.
- Quickly find and add your favorite stations to your list by typing in the station or nearby city name
- View current meteorological conditions of your saved stations in list view
- Tapping on a station displays detailed meteorological data and also gives access to the Mesonet plots and the NWS forecast page for that location (swipe left/right to change these pages)
- Dual pane view for Nexus 7 and larger tablets when the device is in landscape orientation
Note that this app does not include a background timer to check periodically for new data. Station source data is updated and made available every 5-8 minutes. When the user navigates from a detail data view back to the list view, or changes the device orientation, the app will only download the latest set of data if 8 minutes or more has passed since the last data download. The user can always force a data download by pressing the refresh button.
The TTU West Texas Mesonet team graciously makes the meteorological data available, but IS NOT responsible for this app. Any feedback, problems, bug, or feature request must be made via the Feedback button in the app menu or using the contact email on this page. Thank you.
Special thanks to the Mesonet team at Texas Tech University and NWS Lubbock for making this project happen.