Tempo is the premier mobile metronome app. It is used daily by performing artists for their gigs, teachers in their lessons, students for their practices and even golfers and bodybuilders in their training.
Tempo gives you the features you need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive and comprehensive single-screen interface. Flashing LEDs also serve as buttons to customize beats, enabling the creation of complex rhythms. Save your configurations as songs in setlists and share them with friends, including those using iOS devices.*
*User-accessible storage required.
- 30 different time signatures: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Works in both portrait and landscape
- Dark and Light interface themes
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Metronome tempo ranges from 10 to 400
- 12 sounds sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
- Store presets in multiple setlists
- Share and backup setlists
- Setlists data file compatible with Tempo for iOS
- Multi-tasking support; playback continues outside of app
Compatible with all devices.
A set of user sounds available for download from our website.
User manual also available on our website.
New features include:
- presets and setlists - store up to 1000 presets and 200 setlists with 100 presets each
- visual beat indication
- user sounds - import and use your own sounds from wav files on your SD card
- a set of user sounds available for download from our website
- user selectable accent on any beat
- user selectable silence on any beat
- automatic delay time calculator
- classic mode option - tempo increments work as on an classic old school metronome
- Italian tempo markings
And the old features remain the same:
- intuitive and easy to use
- sample accurate sound engine
- cool graphical user interface
- easy to see in the dark
- big play button
- big tempo mode
- stays perfectly tight all the time
This is the best and most accurate metronome for Android money can buy !
Created by musicians for musicians...
...and please, do us a favor:
Read the manual carefully before posting any negative comments. Enjoy :-)
And finally, make sure to check our website for the latest info.
-Flying Saucer Apps
Keywords: music, musician, musicians, metronome, tempo, practice
Metronome Beats Pro is not only useful for practicing and playing musical instruments: people also use it to keep a steady tempo during exercise, golf putting practice, dancing, and many other activities.
Metronome Beats is simple to use. On smaller devices set the number of beats per bar and how you’d like the beat subdivided on the Settings screen. When you start the metronome it switches to the Practice screen, with its visual beat indicators. The practice screen has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments, so you can start slow and build up your speed with one touch of the screen. On larger devices all of these features can be reached on one handy screen using the new Tablet layout.
Exclusive to Pro version:
- no adverts
- beat and bar counters
- save your settings as presets
- organise your favourite songs in to setlists and play through these in “Live” mode
Features also include:
- Select from a range of sound types (wooden claves, traditional tick, cowbell, etc)
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Displays Italian tempo markings (Allegro, Andante, etc) – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 8 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication - mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- The metronome automatically stops playing when there is an incoming call.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- The metronome keeps running when the screen is locked
- set the metronome to stop playing after a certain number of bars
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts:
For a really small price you get a professional metronome on your smartphone with every feature you could ask for plus a lot more!
List of features:
- Fine tempo tuning from 10 to 230 BPM
- Italian tempo markings
- Load and save presets
- Tap tempo
- Adjustable tempo signature for simple, compound and complex meters.
- From 2 to 20 beats per measure
- Beat subdivision as quarter, eighth, triplet, sixteenth, quintuplet and sextuplet notes
- Beat emphasis
- 4 soundpacks
- Adjustable volume
- Visual reference
- Visual feedback
- Haptic feedback (vibration)
- Automatically turns off when there´s an incoming call
- Runs in background
- Settings are saved automatically on exit
About License Issues:
If you are facing license issues please update Mobile Metronome Pro, clear Google Play app data (not cache) and try again. There are comments on the internet about this issue, affecting many apps. sorry for the inconvenience!
- READ PHONE STATE allows Mobile Metronome Pro to stop automatically when there's an incoming call.
- VIBRATE is required for the vibration feature
- WAKE LOCK garantees the metronome won't stop after screen goes off
-HTC wildfire: misplacement of toggle buttons on the screen
Cleartune is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your Android device. Features a unique "note wheel" interface allowing you to quickly find your pitch, paired with a highly responsive fine-tuning meter for the perfect tune. Includes support for custom temperaments, transposition, notations such as solfège, adjustable calibration and more. Cleartune can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, tympani, tablas and any other instrument that can sustain a tone.
We regularly obtain new Android devices to test compatibility. Currently Cleartune does not support very small screens, but we are unaware of any other compatibility issues on any device . If you have any issues with Cleartune, please let us know so we can obtain your specific device for testing.
✭ Used in the making of the new Gorillaz album "The Fall"
✭ "My most indispensable app is my guitar tuner, Cleartune. None of the old visual or analog tuners are as precise. I've even taken it on stage with me!" - Rosanne Cash
✭ "Cleartune and Clockwork are my most used apps." - Ezra Oklan (Nicole Atkins, Norah Jones, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Matt Beck (Matchbox 20), Chico Hamilton, Arnie Lawrence)
✭ "I've been having trouble with interference on stage with other tuners for the iPhone. Used Cleartune last night before a gig and had no problems with stage noise. Excellent tuner for bass." - Rob Calder (Kanye West, Angus and Julia Stone, The Break and Repair Method, Ghostface Killah)
✭ Featured in Electronic Musician, Matchbox Mag, Making Music Mag, Premiere Guitar, MacWorld, Apple Staff Picks, Worship Leader Mag, Acoustic Guitar
✭ Spotted in use backstage by The Black Keys, C.W. Stone King (www.va.ryanpolei.com), Grammy Nominee Sones de México (gearwire.com)
- Note Wheel Display
- Ultra responsive 25 cent range fine tuning display
- Needle Damping option
- Precise to ±1/100 semitone (±1 cent)
- Selectable Temperaments
- Selectable Notations (such as Solfège)
- User-defined temperament and notations
- Support for transposing instruments
- Adjustable A4 calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
- Pitch Pipe/Tone generator
- Selectable tone waveform
- Automatic or manual note selection
Practicing with a metronome is one of the most important exercises you can do but it is also essential that you develop your own internal time feel, which is what this App is designed for!
This app was designed by me, for me - and you :) And I'm sure you find it as useful as I do!!
A new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add up to 10 subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision, mastered for volume
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure you like or practice mixed meters such as 4 + 3 + 5 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Email saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage.
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Play in the background
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Web-based manual describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Guitar Player Magazine says: "This ingenious super metronome was developed by funky-as-hell Sco sideman Avi Bortnick. It will leave out beats randomly to force you to strengthen your own inner time-keeping muscles, and it has other cool features for odd meters, drum machine-style patterns, and more. For the low price of $2.99, this is an awesome learning, grooving, solidifying tool."
NoTreble.com says: "I love the aesthetic and layout of Time Guru. It’s very simple and elegant. Time Guru also offers ability to set randomness of your subdivisions (great for testing your internal clock)... There is one thing that Time Guru does that I absolutely love, and for which, this app will always live on my Phone – at the top of the screen, you will see a series of numbers (1-7). When you press a number, it is set first in a sequence and you can choose a subdivision that will then repeat that number of times (or set it to rest that number of times). Sound confusing? It isn’t, because the layout is so simple. Every time you press a new number, it is set next in the sequence and you choose your continue to choose your subdivisions."
Develop your inner sense of rhythm with Time Guru - the only metronome with the ability to mute its sound at random, in sequenced patterns, or both, so that you can assess whether you tend to rush or drag or loose your place with odd meters. Time Guru can periodically leave you on your own so that you strengthen your own internal sense of time, rather than relying on the constant, rigid, external time keeping of a metronome. It's like training wheels that sometimes come up off the ground.
Time Guru also features:
-the ability to play in different time signatures or sequences of time signatures
-create rhythmic drum-machine like patterns
-save presets for tempo, meter, sound and muting-
-35 loud sound sets;
-Human or robot voice counting in English, Chinese, French, German or Russian - great for teaching!
-tap tempo (5 to 300 BPM range)
-super accurate, rock-solid timing via a customized audio engine.
And of course it can function as a normal metronome. It is the ultimate tool for becoming a rock-steady, time guru.
-Portable metronome for your Android mobile
-Easily select tempo
-Haptic feedback from Z-Wheel
-First beat accent
-Disabled screen locking (the screen brightness decreases for battery saving)
Novel ideas are implemented by a heavy metronome and tuner user.
★ A tuner that listens your sound, and a pitch fork that sounds the exact pitch ★
★ Customizable A4 frequency (440Hz by default) ★
★ A real metronome shouldn't lag beats ★
and Soundcorset metronome never lag it.
★ Integrated recorder in one-touch ★
★ Flash metronome ★
If you can't hear the sound of the metronome, due to the speaker volume limit, use flash metronome instead. You can easily see the beats. Project the flashlight to the wall, then the entire wall will guide you to get the beats.
★ Large start button ★
to easily touch with your busy fingers
★ Features ★
* Can be used with guitar ukulele mandolin violin cello viola bass drum flute harmonica clarinet trumpet
* Precise BPM control
* Intuitive volume control
* BPM Counter
* Accurate tuner
* Visual metronome using flash light of the camera
* Tuning fork, pitch pipe
While this metronome offers all the functionality you can expect from a metronome, what stands out is the virtual drummer that can play any of the built in grooves in any time signature you set and every tempo you dial in.
The grooves are programmed to fit your music whether you play jazz, blues, pop, rock, bossa, samba, salsa, waltz etc. It does not matter if you play guitar, bass, piano, drums, percussion or any other instrument.
Whether you are a professional musician or an enthusiast there are ways to make this metronome work for you. Improvise to any built in rhythm or practice to improve your timing. Learn to keep a steady pulse or find new beats.
While the metronome is playing you can still modify parameters like tempo, time signature and shuffle or freely customize the swing rate. You can set the swing rate to affect eighths or sixteenths.
From the settings menu you can activate the vibration feature, change the sound of the metronome or even set the color theme. These features helps when you are live on stage and need a discrete tempo indication.
Use earphones, or plug into your amplifier or PA-system during rehearsal to get the best experience.
"For the Android-loving musician, I think DaTuner Pro is easily the best tuner you can have on your device. I used to give that title to *see review!*, but DaTuner has proven to be so powerful, easy to use, and accurate, it'd be foolish to not use it."
DaTuner is an all-purpose chromatic tuner with a simple interface. DaTuner converts the fundamental frequency to the nearest note and error in cents for quick and easy tuning of your guitar, ukelele, violin, bass, cello, mandolin, piano, harp, saxophone, balafone, Ducati timing belt, harmonica, kazoo, you name it.
1.) No dead zone - screen changes to green when tuning is good.
2.) Auto-Sensitivity - no configuration required.
3.) Bright, easy-to-read display.
4.) Quick, accurate and precise. < 0.3 cents @ E3 (329.62Hz), <0.1 cents @ C5(1046.5Hz), < 1 cent @ A2 (110Hz)
5.) Screen lock: Lock to the note you want to tune, even if extremely out of tune and make your way up/down to it.
6.) Filter lock: Lock and filter to a specific note and filter out everything outside that note's range.
8.) Reference frequency adjustment for orchestra tuning.
9.) Choice of colours for sharp/flat
11.) Temperaments. You can modify the ones that exist or add your own using a text editor. The temperaments are saved on your external memory under the /DaTuner directory.
12.) Notation (ie Solfége, English, English sharp, English flat, Northern European.) Customization of these will be possible in a future upgrade.
13.) Emulated strobe tuner display
14.) Digital display of error in cents
15.) Pitch pipe (triangle, sine, sawtooth, square)
16.) Pitch pipe auto mode (no touch!)
17.) Accelerated tuning algorithm.
18.) Sample rate range 8kHz - 48kHz.
DaTuner's display is easy to read; nearest note and octave is displayed in a giant, easy to read font in the center of the screen, and frequency in hertz plus error in cents is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Sensitivity is auto-adjusted, but can also be adjusted by touch via a bar on the left-hand side of the screen, and the speed/accuracy of the algorithm and the relative frequency (if other than 440Hz) can be adjusted via the configuration menu.
There is no "dead zone" with this tuner app as is the case with many other apps. Instead, the whole display turns green when the incoming frequency is within a configurable range of the target frequency and you can still see small changes in pitch even within the "in-range" area. Both the "in-tune" range and the colours shown for sharp and flat can be configured in this version. The emulated strobe tuner display provides additional visual feedback to how close to the desired note you are.
Screen lock and filter lock allow you to select the note that you would like to tune to, with filter lock ignoring anything outside of the range of the note you wish to tune, which is useful for tuning in noisy environs.
I have tried my best to eliminate bugs from this software, and I apologize in advance for any problems you might find. Getting feedback via email, negative and positive, is very appreciated, so please email me all of the problems that occur so I can fix them! Try out the free version of DaTuner first to be sure that you want to buy the "pro" version.
- Doesn't detect any notes
Turn on mic auto-adjust! Ensure that the signal rises above the little yellow triangle - the algorithm doesn't run until this level is exceeded! If using auto-adjust, stop playing for a moment occasionally to allow the auto-adjust to re-sample the background noise.
Sounds Clean and Overdrive.
Drop D DADGBE
CGCGCE Open C
CGCFAD Drop C
DADGBD Double Drop D
Added backing tracks for guitar solos.
Simple metronome 40 bpm - 210 bpm and a most fun experience in drumming to Android!
Other tuners available:
Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin, Balalaika, Violin and Cello.
All in one free app.
Tags: Guitar Tuner Metronome Metronome Tuner Guitar Bass Ukulele Banjo Violin solos drum
Allows to save up to 99 memories. Features 2 click sounds and a tap tempo. The one and only metronome on the Market that can play notes, half notes, quarter notes and triplets at the same time from 35 to 250 BPM.
InTune has been described as Clean, Cool, Concise, and Very Accurate. It looks good, it works well. What more d'you want?
This app has no ads, is completely configurable, and features two kinds of pitch pipes, custom temperaments, reference frequency adjustment, transposition, and more.
InTune also comes in two other flavors: Free, and Lite. The Lite version is just a tuner, with limited configurability, no Temperament or Transpose support, and no Pitch Pipes. It is Ad-Free. The Free version is just like the Lite version, but it has in-app advertisements displayed at the bottom of the screen.
More from developer
★ Audio Features ★
- 20 Musical Scales
- All 12 Musical Keys Signatures
- 7 Octave Range
- Background Keyboard/Piano
- Audio Waveform Adjustment (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square)
- Creative Sound Sculpting (Echo, Attack, Decay, Release)
★ Rhythm Features ★
- Adjustable Tempo
★ Sharing/Exporting Features ★
- Record and share audio file to Dropbox, email, SoundCloud and more
- Save/Load Creations
★ General Features ★
- Adjustable Node Physics (gravity, speed, proximity)
- Drum and Octave Generators
- Start/Stop Nodes by double tapping
- Sleep Timer for falling asleep to NodeBeat
Created by Seth Sandler and Justin Windle. Ported to Android by Laurence Muller.
NodeBeat is available on Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Playbook.
★ Notes ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Have a problem? Please contact us so we may help: feedback[at]nodebeat.com. We can only fix problems we know about. ★ ★ ★
- On some devices running Android 2.2 or lower, the internal memory usage will be significantly more due to a bug fixed in Android 2.3 and above. We recommend updating to Android 2.3+ if possible to fix this issue.