***** Important! *****
Common user mistakes:
- Do not try to test the app by pacing around in the same small area.
- Please note that GPS uses a lot of battery power.
- Satellite based GPS location does not work well indoors. Many apps use network based location because it does work indoors, but it is not accurate enough for use with this app. If the location icon is not solid in your status bar, that means your PHONE can't acquire a satellite GPS fix in that area.
- accurate to within 1 percent when compared to most car odometers under normal driving conditions.
- includes a timer
- includes pause / resume for each trip
- includes a lock to help prevent accidental reset/stop/start of your trip. After unlocked, it locks back in 9 seconds, or you can lock it yourself.
- includes displacement readout (straight line distance from your starting point)
- average speed readout in meters per second, feet per second, yards per second, kilometres per hour, miles per hour, nautical miles per hour
- actual speed readout (This may not be accurate at slow walking speeds)
- units include meters, kilometres, yards, feet, miles and nautical miles
- approximates distance travelled in some GPS dead spots such as driving through a tunnel by adding the as-a-bird flies distance to your trip.
- resumes tracking after restart (You must now enable this feature in settings)
- includes a custom calculator. Uses include taxi fare and energy burned while exercising
What this app does NOT do:
1) Does not record your route. Each trip has a start location, a last location, and a next-to-last location. No record of where you go is saved other than that. Only distance and time.
2) No location information ever leaves your device.
3) No maps. Only distance.
The application is commonly used by/for :
exercise (walking, jogging, running, hiking, skiing)
Truckers (both long and short haul)
December 4, 2013 : version 2.11
Bug fix for Android 4.4 'Kit Kat'
August 13, 2013 : version 2.10
Fixed a bug that made renaming trips very frustrating. Now you click on the edit button at the bottom right of the the list page to rename a trip. It's the pencil icon.
August 2, 2013 : version 2.07
- Much more efficient and better on battery use
- Larger text achieved by hiding some text. Press unlock on the main screen to change
- Landscape mode
- Home screen widget for the full version. (10 day trial)
- Swipe between tabs
- added instant speed.
- Free version can have 3 trips
- Run at Boot is now a setting that defaults to false
August 10, 2013 : version 2.08
- appears very stable. After 24 hours and nearly 20,000 updates and installs, no bug reports or emails have been received.
- 2 bugs fixed
- Hopefully no new bugs introduced :)
- background service will restart after update now
- disabled move to SD Card (Widget will not work if on SD)
- reduced size by 100K
- 8/13/2013 version 2.09
Added a custom multiplier. For example a trucker gets paid 40 cents per mile, a walker burns 60 cals per kilometre, a boat uses .05 litres of fuel per nautical mile (20 nm/l). This can be anything that you want, but you are limited to multiplication.
To use, press the unlock button on the main screen and change to #3 and then visit the settings tab to enter your multiplier info.
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: email@example.com Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
The driver is guided directly by virtual path of the camera preview video,that is intuitive and easy to understand.
While using this system , the driver do not need to map the path and the road.The driver can watch the realtime camera preview navigation screen to get driving condition without impacting driving safety.
Navigation function released areas:
United States,Britain,Japan, India,Hong Kong, Singapore,Malaysia,Indonesia,Philippines, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia,Vietnam,Turkey, Denmark, Brazil, Belgium, Israel, Canada, Taiwan, Nicaragua, Lithuania, Iceland, Russia, France, Germany, Italy,Mexico, Ireland, Portugal, South Africa, Ukraine, Spain, Hungary, Kenya, Greece, Norway, Poland, Finland,Argentina, Bulgaria, Latvia, Malta, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Cameroon, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, Estonia, Switzerland, Sweden, Luxembourg,Cyprus, Romania, People's Republic of China, Pakistan, Peru, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Colombia,Nigeria, Oman, Iran, Egypt, Chile, Venezuela, Brunei, Algeria, Serbia, Qatar, Kuwait.
BETA11.0 FREEWAY TEST VIDEO:
GPS Speedometer - this GPS SPEED application is a free software for Android devices with built-in GPS antenna. It acts as a normal speed gauge, which you may find in any car, showing the velocity of the vehicle you are in in kph and mph.
*This is an ad-supported application. The ads are located on the bottom of the screen.
There is also a flashlight available in GSpeed. You turn it on and off by simply clicking the green button, located in the top right corner of the app.
In miles per hour (MPH)
You can set the app to kmh or mph.
Some features of the speed app include:
-Shows you your current GPS position - Longitude, Latitude and Altitude, as well as your top speed.
-Your current speed and your maximum velocity, according to the sattelites.
Google Maps for newer versions of Android (4.0.3 and above)
-Added Google Maps view. With a single click you can view your current position on the map, which may help you navigate to your current destination.
-The pitch and roll of the vehicle you are in (the device must be in upright position according to the vehicle)
-Both the analog and digital speedometer views can be either in miles or kilometers per hour.
HUD - heads up display
-You can switch to HUD mode, which will show you your velocity digitally with large green numbers.
Mirror HUD mode
-A mirror view of the digits, allowing you to put your phone on the dash of the vehicle, so that the readings of your speed in kilometers per hour can be reflected from the windshield at night.
*Tested on Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0' and a Chinese phone with Android 2.3.4
Video of the HUD mode of the application:
This is the Lite version of GPS Arrow Navigator, for the best user experience and additional features, please look for GPS Arrow Navigator Pro!
GPS Arrow Navigator shows an arrow to the direction you need to go, you will have to find your own way. No data connection is required making this app ideal for remote locations or to use abroad.
Save your current location and use it as a destination later to find your way back to your car, hotel, friends and so on! It is also possible to enter coordinates manually or pick a location from the build-in map (Map is supported in the Pro version only).
GPS Arrow Navigator shows you the direction you need to go, as well as your current bearing, speed and distance to the selected destination.
GPS Arrow Navigator is also ideal for Geocaching, simply by entering the coordinates.
- No data connection necessary
- Detailed GPS information
- Multiple units of measurement supported (Pro version only)
- Multiple coordinate systems support (Pro version only)
- Interactive Google Map (Pro version only)
- Multiple languages supported
- Store unlimited destinations (Pro version only)
Please don’t leave a negative review without contacting us first!
More from developer
This app will allow to browse through set of recipe steps and ingredients in the following ways:
1) Browse by category option, which will take you to a set of categories (veg and non-veg) and then the recipe list.
2) Browse by ingredients option, which will allow you to search the recipes based on the ingredients, say for example type in as carrot, it will list all the recipes you can make with carrot.
3) Few good cooking tips, which i use in my day-today life.
Form any screen you can navigate back to the home screen by clicking on the home icon. Previous icon to navigate to the previous screen.
It is the first version which has only 40+ recipes and 20 cooking tips. Based on the response, will add more recipes and tips from my cookery.
It is a simple to use app. No added graphics.