· Featured by Apple in the RSNA 2008 Conference
· Featured by Apple in the "What's Hot for iPad" section on the App Store
The most comprehensive medical calculator for the iPhone is now available on Android! Mediquations makes getting the answers you need quick and painless. With 232 formulas and scoring tools and a intuitive interface, Mediquations is the smart choice for anyone looking for a medical calculator for Android.
· 232 formulas and scores. The most comprehensive medical calculator on the Android Market.
· Support for US and SI units. Switch between units easily while entering values, or set your preference in Settings.
· Categories, Favorites, Recents, Full Search. All designed to make your life easier.
· Multiple results (such as mortality percentages) are displayed for relevant scoring tools.
· References, full equation, detailed information, relevant pictures, and Pubmed links for each scoring tool.
· Leave the app and return to where you left off.
· Native interface for 10" Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich tablets such as the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
· Redesigned from the ground up for Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
I hope you enjoy Mediquations!
Some of the equations included in Mediquations:
· A-a O2 Gradient
· ABCD & ABCD2 Score for TIA
· Absolute Neutrophil Count
· Acid-Base Compensation (ABG)
· Anion Gap, Delta Gap
· APACHE II
· Arterial Oxygen Content
· Arterial Oxygen Delivery
· Bayesian Sensitivity/Specificity
· Bishop score
· Body Mass Index (BMI)
· Body Surface Area (Dubois, Mosteller, Current)
· Breast Cancer Risk Assessment: Gail Model
· Canadian CT Head & Spine
· Carboplatin Dosing
· Cardiac Output (Echo & Fick)
· CHADS2 and CHA2DS2-Vasc
· Corrected QT (QTc)
· Corrected Serum Calcium, Phenytoin, Sodium
· Creatinine Clearance (measured) (CrCl)
· CURB-65 Score for Community Acquired Pneumonia
· Dermatome Map
· Dose & Liquid Dose Calculator (Corrected for BSA, Calvert, or Weight)
· Duke Treadmill Score
· Electrolytes/Labs Units Conversion
· Fractional Excretion of Calcium, Sodium, Urea
· Framingham Cardiac Risk Score
· Gail Model (Breast Cancer Risk Assessment)
· Geriatric Depression Score (15-pt)
· GFR (Cockcroft Gault, MDRD, Salazar-Corcoran, Schwartz, Wright)
· Glasgow Coma Scale
· Hunt-Hess Classification for SAH
· ICH Score for Intracerebral Hemorrhage
· IV Drip & Infusion Rates
· Light's Criteria
· LDL Cholesterol Estimation (Friedewald)
· Maintenance Fluids
· Mean Arterial Pressure
· NIH Stroke Scale
· Normal Lab Values
· Opiate Equivalence
· Osmolality (Serum)
· Osmotic Gap (Stool)
· Parkland Formula
· Pediatric Dosing Calculator
· Pneumonia Severity Index (PORT Score)
· Ranson Criteria
· Steroid Equivalence
· Time Interval Calculator
· Tubular Resorption of Phosphate (TRP)
· Tylenol Toxicity Nomogram w/ White Prediction
· Urinary Anion Gap
· Urinary Calcium Excretion (Ca / Cr)
· Well's Criteria for DVT & PE
· WFNS Grade for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
**** And Over 150 More! Visit mediquations.com for the full list. ****
CHANGE ****THE UNITS**** and USE ****INCHES**** NOT FEET !
- Dora, 5'2 = 62 inches, and 62 inches with 120lbs = 21.94 BMI !!!
- Charles and Erik, you are not obese, just stupid.
- Yes Charles, if you put 6 FEET in the INCHES text field and 175 lbs, yes the calculation can't be right. 6 foot = 72 inches with 175lbs = 23.73 BMI !!!
My application can not guess that you have not learned to read
- Tom, 25.38, OMG, yes, more than 25 your are overweight, BUT if you exceeded by only 0.38, or 1, seriously! think! A lipo between your ears to get to 25? It's on the house!
- tyler, are you kidding ? BMI is ONLY calculated with Height and Weight (see wikipedia).
***Weight/lbs*** | ***Tall/inches*** IF you choose IMPERIAL UNITS (menu button) OR
***Weight/kg*** | ***Tall/cm*** IF you choose METRIC UNITS (menu button)
/!\ I want to thank those who took the time to understand this simple app. <3 all ;) (and your comments)
Spelling errors in my description? Certainly, but English is not my native language ;)
@Matthew, you're absolutely right, I try to find time to make this small change but it is not easy. Change the unit without going through the menu and allow to set "feet & inches" is the ultimate goal to eliminate all problems. I'm totally zen ;)
This app is a "Body Mass Index Calculator".
BMI cannot be accurate for "athletes" or "muscular persons" ! It's written bellow, in the description of this app ! >>> "The result is valid for "normal" children/adults/m/f (but not for the muscular persons or "athletes"). The BMI formula is UNIQUE, for everybody.
Why there is no GENDER and AGE ?! Again, it's written at the end of the description.
**** The only thing that differs between adults and children is the "reading table". I give you a "general reading table" for ADULTS ONLY (Health Organizations did this, not me) ! The reading tables may differ between country or population (but really not so much... even if they exists). There is a more precise reading table for children 5/19 years made by WHO (World Health Organization : www.who.int). The general reading table is just an INDICATION. If you want some "real" information about your condition, ask your doctor ***
My current BMI is 24.81, 1kg more and OMAGAD I'm in "overweight". And what ? I lift some weights, I run, I'm relatively muscled so there is nonsense to calculate my BMI. If you do sport, if you are in god shape, why do you want criticize a tool who isn't made for you ?
If you start doing some sport, you can use this application to calculate your "first" BMI. When you begin to lose fat and gain muscle, you (maybe) will arrive in the "normal" zone. From there, if you continue to lose fat without gaining too much muscle, you can still calculate your BMI, the reading table will remain accurate for you. By cons, if you keep gaining muscle (AND/OR losing fat), from a certain point, calculate your BMI has absolutely no sense.
* Units: metric(cm - kg)/imperial(lbs - inches) (Use the menu button for changing that)
* Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Croatian, Korean
* Long click on the result's zone to reset
FOR CHANGING UNITS, USE THE MENU BUTTON!
THE PROVIDED READING TABLE IS A "GENERAL" READING TABLE.
HOWEVER, IT APPLIES WITHOUT DISTINCTION TO (ADULTS) - MEN AND WOMEN -. YOU'RE NOT NECESSARILY IN OVERWEIGHT IF YOU EXCEED THE AVERAGE HIGH MORE THAN 0.1.
SO BEFORE YOU SAY "NOT ENOUGH FOR PRECISION" THINK ABOUT THAT.
HOWEVER IF YOU EXCEED 1 OR MORE OF THE "NORMAL" SLICE, THE READING TABLE WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ITS ACCURACY.
BMI IS A SIMPLE "NUMBER". IT IS USED WITH OTHER TOOLS FOR SHAPING A PROFILE OF HEALTH.
Again, THIS APPLICATION IS A SIMPLE CALCULATOR. ONLY A DOCTOR WITH YOUR HISTORY OF HEALTH, YOUR BMI, ETC. CAN YOU GIVE MORE INFO ABOUT YOUR HEALTH/OVERWEIGHT/ETC accurately.
Wikipedia info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index
This BMI calculator allows you to quickly calculate the ratio of body mass index - BMI. Result is calculated according to general reading table created by World Health Organization (WHO) - the same for male and female regardless the age. The BMI is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying physically inactive individuals with an average body composition. BMI categories (underweight, overweight or obese) from general reading table are inappropriate for athletes, children, the elderly, and the infirm because do not take into account many factors such as frame size and muscularity. The BMI categories also fail to account for varying proportions of fat, bone, cartilage, water weight, and more. Despite this, BMI categories are regularly regarded as a satisfactory tool for measuring whether sedentary individuals' weight is in normal range. Obligatory weight loss tool for obese people.
- calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index)
- presenting the ideal weight range for a given height - helpful if you want to lose weight or are on diet
- supporting two formats of units - metric (cm and kg) and imperial ( inches [1 in = 2,54 cm] and international pounds [1 lb = 0,45359237 kg] )
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- available languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian
To change the units from metric to imperial and vice versa, the 'menu' button must be clicked.
Any comments are welcome. Please notify me by e-mail about any bugs found or missing functions that you want to be included in future versions of the BMI calculator.
NOTE: if you can help me with translation into your native language do not hesitate to contact me.
Detailed descriptions for every lab value!
The only FISHBONE WIDGET in the Google Play Store!
- More than 100 searchable Lab Values with descriptions of each
- Labs include: hematology, chemistries, urine, CSF, synovial fluid, pleural fluid, endocrine, body fluids, toxicology, and therapeutic/toxic drug values
- Fishbone Diagrams for hematology, chemistries, LFTs, and ABGs
- Pediatric lab values
- Fishbone widget
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
Check out our other application, titled “Medical Doctor: Reference Tool” for a more comprehensive medical reference tool, including Lab Values and much more.
Keywords: laboratory, cbc, inr, ua, blood, normal, test, pocket, guide, maxwell, student, nurse, physician, doctor, intern
This app is based upon research in personality psychology and sponsored by a clinical psychologist. It is meant for self-help and personality assessment for personal improvement and determining relationship compatibility issues. Test yourself and your friends to compare test results. The results are meant as a guide to help you improve your life and your relationships.
How Compatible Is Your Relationship?
***Both you and your friend can take the tests and obtain compatibility info when you compare your results.
PURPOSE: To help discuss and analyze relationships.
Do You Really Know Yourself?
***Have a friend take a test about you and compare results.
CAUTION: Be prepared to learn things you might not want to know.
How Do You Compare to Friends?
***Compare your results to friends who take the tests on the same device or input their final test scores into your device.
***Post test results on Facebook.
What Is Your Ideal Self?
***Compare your results with your ideal results to see where you want to make changes.
This app includes 30 tests covering 88 personality characteristics:
*For self knowledge--your personal psychology
*For love and dating compatibility--find out issues that could cause problems in your relationship
*For understanding friendships, relationships--quiz others
*Examine self-esteem, work ethic, mental health and much more
*Based upon psychological research
*Links to CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy) self-improvement articles and other questionnaires at ExcelAtLife.com
Some of the Tests Included:
**Comprehensive Personality Test -- 45 traits
**How Social Are You?
**Are You A Leader?
**How Happy Are You?
**Are You Conscientious?
**Perfectionist or Efficient?
**How Rational Are You?
**How Insightful Are You?
**How Creative Are You?
**How Romantic Are You?
**Do You Have Anxiety?
**Do You Have Depression?
**Your Work Style
**How Optimistic Are You?
**What Is Your Self-Concept?
**Do You Forgive Easily?
**Do You Have Anger Problems?
**How Persistent Are You?
**Do You Have Fear Avoidance?
**Do You Live Life Fully?
**How Stressed Are You?
**Are You Ambitious?
**How Do You Handle A Crisis?
How Mature Are You?
This app is sponsored by a psychologist trained in clinical psychology specializing in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Keep in mind that research-based personality tests may be repetitive, obvious, and even boring to take (especially the longer ones). The purpose is to help you honestly assess yourself and give guidance.
New Tests Will Be Added On Updates. Test results are saved and can be password protected.
This application as a learning tool is always open for improvement. Any suggestions are appreciated.
It works by estimating with data you already know. You enter the reps and weight you were previously able to successfully complete and it will estimate your 1 rep max!
This app helps keep you safe by giving you an estimate on how much you can lift before actually attempting it yourself. This helps to prevent muscle and body damage so you can keep your health and continue to build your strength.
1RM also has a percentage chart for those who are doing workouts which require knowing the percentage of your 1 rep max.
This app works best when the reps used are less than 12. I recommend using the reps between 3 and 10 for highest accuracy. For this reason, I recommend you do not use this to calculate maxes for exercises such as push ups sit ups or crunches.
1RM will undoubtedly supplement any bodybuilders lifting regimen and can help you achieve more effect sets so you can build more muscle.
ALWAYS USE A SPOTTER. APPLICATIONS LIKE THIS ARE DESIGNED TO MAKE WEIGHT LIFTING SAFER BUT CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR NOR ANYONE ELSE'S SAFETY. THESE CALCULATIONS ARE ONLY ESTIMATES AND CAN BE INACCURATE.
It incorporates a simple and fast interface and provides comprehensive results maximizing your time caring for patients.
Check the complete list of calculators at
Over 30 separate calculations can be performed covering fluid rates, drug doses (with an emergency drug calculator) and dilutions as well as many involved with nutrition, hematology, blood gases, anesthesia and more. It also performs conversions of many units including temperatures and between SI units and conventional units and features pain and coma scores. A full list of the features and calculators can be found here: http://vetapps.co.uk/Version_Comparison.
Vet Calculator Plus also allows you to save and share the calculations as well as allowing modification of its extensive range of user options, including the user’s preferred units e.g. the option to work in kg or lb.
Vet Calculator Plus is primarily aimed at those in small animal practice.
Fully optimized for Android, this app gives you a rapid and simple access to the most commonly used lab values.
- 200 Normal Lab Values
- Displayed in the international and conventional system
- Sorted Alphabetically
- Easy to use search engine
Available in English, Spanish, French and German.
The surveillance rate identifies the sample rate at which Outbreak Watch is analyzing social networks on a per minute basis.
Recent alerts show the recent alerts (globally) that have been analyzed in the Agile Medicine surveillance network.
Outbreak Watch, The Social Biosurveillance Network, was created by AgileMedicine, a global leader in healthcare data management, in response to the Now Trending Challenge.
Use menu to set high/low values and units, long click to delete.
-Updated for more OS versions