iHerd has a server backend which enables advanced management and reporting as well as allowing multiple devices synchronize your data. Thanks to industry support, this web service is FREE and allows registration, customization and entry of user details.
Rivalling the most advanced cattle management software, the app regularly synchronizes all of your property and paddock data between managers. This gives you the ability to keep track of all your head, paddock details and property ID numbers whilst on the job.
Other features include a treatment cabinet that keeps inventory of your on-site chemicals, including treatments your animals are receiving and many more.
Synchronization between devices and the server means that all of your data is automatically updated from an iPhone or an iPad into an existing database, saving you time and boosting your stations overall productivity. Multiple users can manage the same property, treatment cabinet, herd changes and movements if they have been invited to the primary user’s account.
The App is designed by a serious property owner / livestock manager with a three generation connection to a large Australian property station group they operate with the help of managers. iHerd is the ultimate in Herd and livestock Management.
Produced by iApps Pty Ltd in conjunction with some of the largest cattle organisations in Australia.
Key features include:
• Property Management - enter details about your properties, yards and paddocks. Information is generated to help you assess the total number of cattle, the stocking rate, and the total size.
• Herds can be categorized by group, subgroup and breed.
• Herd Management - by property or paddock or yard movement / treatment record.
• Herd numbers by type (group, breed) and location (property, paddock, yard).
• Invite other users to help manage your account, with intuitive and fine-grained access controls that allow you to give them access to just a single property, your entire account, or everything in between. Invitations allow level of access from No Access (then override for a certain paddock) read only, read write, and admin.
• Manage movements between properties you manage, purchases, births, deaths, treatments, sales, lost and found, including a comprehensive history of each.
• Server will hold records which can in future be accessed via an iHerd account.
• Server records movement history / lost and found herds, allows property to property transfers on your account
• Tally counting.
• Transfers of cattle between paddocks, yards, and properties (server required), with automatic accounting and auditing.
• Treatment cabinet enables you to manage batches of specific chemical containers, recording of quantities and dosing size and purchase date / expiry date of pesticides and medicines held and used by each property.
Organise Your Breeding allows for all users of the app to calculate the gestation period of a certain cow as well as their first return date (gestation period of 283 days and cycle period of 21 days). This is all calculated automatically the only piece of information that the user needs to put into the phone is the date of insemination. The user simply clicks 'Calculate Calving Date' and a pop up box will appear with the calving date and first return date clearly labelled.
SAVE & DELETE CATTLE FROM THE DATABASE:
Once you have calculated the calving date and first return date of your cow, you are then able to save it to the database which is built into the app. Whether you have a small herd and you record your cows by name or a large herd and record your cows by a number or ear tag you can save either one into the database. Once you have entered the name or number into the text field and calculated the dates the 'Save to Database' button will appear and a message will appear confirming the cow has successfully been entered into the database. If you wish to delete cattle records previously saved to the database, it is easy, simply go to the home screen and click on the 'Delete Cattle' button and all cattle saved to the database will appear, simply click on your preferred cow and all records will be deleted from the database.
RECALL DATA WHENEVER YOU NEED IT:
When the user has saved all of the cattle into the database through the 'Calving Calculator' the user is then able to recall all of this data when ever you need to right from their phone. By clicking on the 'View Saved Cattle' button on the home screen of the app allows the user view all cattle which are saved to the apps database under their specified ID number or name. The user can then click on the specific cow in which they want to recall the dates for and they will appear under all of their calving dates. To view insemination dates and return dates in relation to the specified calving date the user can click on the calving date and the insemination date and first return date will appear. Finally, if the user wishes to delete just one calving date this can be achieved through clicking the delete button when the insemination and return dates are recalled.
PLUS MANY MORE FEATURES!
And if you liked the app please don't forget to write a review and make a rating.
Pro Version is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raddevelopment.organiseyourbreeding_pro
If you would like any more information about the application, need to contact me, or need assistance with the application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: livestock, calves, calf, cow, breeding, organised, management, dairy, beef, business, organisation, bulling, return, dates