- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: email@example.com
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
More from developer
Heart Walk makes you a more effective fundraiser by:
* Jumping you right into fundraising; no contact list upload!
* Providing a set of tailor made messages for texting, Facebook, Twitter and email
* Letting your fund raise on the train, at home, from the park or while participating in a Heart Walk... in short, anytime, anywhere!
• Information about stroke
• Instructions for how to spot a stroke F.A.S.T.
• A stroke symptoms video
• Other helpful resources
The Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T. app
The American Stroke Association is proud to introduce the “Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T.” app, available now for free download.
Stroke is a leading cause of disability and number four cause of death in the United States, behind diseases of the heart and cancer. Approximately 795,000 individuals will have a stroke each year; of these, 167,000 individuals will die and more will suffer a major disability.
F.A.S.T. is an easy way to remember the sudden signs of a stroke. When you can spot the signs, you'll know quickly that you need to call 9-1-1 for help. This is important because the sooner a stroke victim gets to the hospital, the sooner they'll get treatment. And that can make a remarkable difference in their recovery.
All content courtesy of the American Stroke Association and American Heart Association; adapted from the National Stroke Foundation of Australia.
Learn more by visiting www.strokeassociation.org.
Jump into this super cool and fun endless runner game brought to you by the National Football League and the American Heart Association.
YOU MOVE & YOUR CHARACTER MOVES!
You run, jump, and turn WHILE HOLDING YOUR DEVICE and your character does the same. You move and your character moves on screen.
In NFL PLAY 60 you can:
· Collect coins to buy really cool NFL team gear.
· Unlock funky characters.
· Jump over fun obstacles.
· Get NFL football power-ups that give you 2x points.
· Get American Heart Association hearts that make you invincible.
· Find activity ideas on how to get moving with your friends.
· Get involved with NFL PLAY 60 and AHA through additional resources.
Get moving, play today!
Welcome to the AHA eBooks app. To purchase digital versions of AHA books, please visit the AHA eBooks website at www.eBooks.heart.org.
On the AHA eBook website, login or create an account. Books purchased from this website can be downloaded on this app after purchase.
After you complete the purchase process, return to this AHA eBooks app.
Make sure you press the refresh button at the top so it is up-to-date.
When you see the book you purchased, just press “download” and then “read” and your library is ready to access.
With your eBooks library, you can search across titles, browse by category, add bookmarks, change the font size to your preference, jump within the text between chapters and to figures, tables, references and much more.
The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest, largest voluntary organization devoted to fighting cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Your HeartChase event brings families, friends, and coworkers of all ages together in a community-wide competition to uncover clues, solve puzzles and complete challenges in a race to the finish line. And when you combine awesome games, friendly competition, and a very important mission, you've got great fun with a purpose.
We are constantly working to make this app better. Please tell us how we are doing: http://ymmobileappcomment.kintera.org
Schools4Heart makes you a more effective fundraiser by:
* Providing a set of tailor-made messages for texting, Facebook, Twitter, email, and phone talking points.
*Jumping you right into fundraising; no contact list upload!
* Letting your fundraise on the train, at home, from the park, or while watching or participating in a Schools4Heart event... in short, anytime, anywhere!
If you need help or having issues contact us at http://ymmobileappcomment.kintera.org