Use the interactive controls to:
- Visualize and plan for the "golden hour"
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at Sunrise or Sunset
- Visualize the Sun throughout the day or through the year
- Study the sun shadow ratio and projection to visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
- Sun Bearing and Altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Dawn & Dusk Times
- Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Sun's path in the sky change
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
Check out the Full Version of Sun Surveyor for:
- Augmented Reality Camera View - Visualize sun and moon positions and paths overlaid upon the device's camera input; determine whether the sun will go behind a building or will come through a window
- Interactive Map View - plan a remote shot or PV array placement, interact with a top-down perspective of sun and moon paths and events
- Moon Information, Summer and Winter Solstice Paths & Equinox Paths
- Offline Usage, Entering Coordinates, Searching, Saving & Loading Locations, Export/Import/Backup to Google Earth .kml format
- Widgets (9 total) for home screen and lock screen
* Internet Usage is for reverse geocoding - looking up the Address of your current Location, flurry analytics, and ads
* Please email with any bugs or suggestions, if you have questions let me know and I can try to help you!
Use the interactive controls to:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at sunrise or sunset, or compositions involving the Moon
- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Visualize the sun and moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
- Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
- Sun & Moon bearing and altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Equinox Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon, upcoming moon phase dates and a Super Moon finder!
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Augmented Reality - View through the device's camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
- Map View - A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map . Lock down your shooting point and align your shot with Sun & Moon events! Uses the new Google Maps API featuring Terrain maps and rotation and tilting of the map view. Also features elevation lookups and the ability to determine difference in vertical angles between two locations.
- Widgets - 9 varieties of sun and moon widgets for your homescreen and lockscreen
- Import and Export of Locations - (new!) import Google Earth .kmz/.kml placemarks, and export to share with others or for backup purposes
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon's path get further and closer throughout a year
- Offline Usage (excludes Map View)
- Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Send screenshots and details
- Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Local, Auto-Detect and Manual TimeZone selection
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
- Elevation data for locations
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Brasil), Polski
** NOTE: the 3D Compass and Augmented Reality portions of this app make use of your device's compass. Some devices (HTC One V, HTC Desire C, etc) do not have a compass. The Maps and Details portion will remain unaffected. I do not ban any devices from installing this app, as some people have more than one device, such as tablets without cameras, or compasses, and I will gladly refund users if the app is not working for them.
Solar site surveys
Building site locations
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Hassle free return policy. If you like the app, please rate and review it! If you don't, please contact me and let me know how I can make it better. If you have a feature you think should be added, let me know about it. I am considering adding the lunar path, and the ability to change the date while viewing the paths in the camera view.
NOTE: Some users have noticed a problem after upgrading to Gingerbread (2.3.3). Gingerbread has a compass bug, causing issues with apps that use the compass/accelerometer. Google "Gingerbread compass" for more information.
Take better photos by simply knowing when the sun sets and rises. This is a great tool for photographers and hikers! The sunset and sunrise times are extremely useful if you want to take good looking photos. To get good landscape photos you should be at the shooting location near sunset or sunrise, usually the best photos can be taken just after sunrise or just before sunset, but sometimes the light and sky can look good for as long as one hour after sunset while the sky gradually turns blue. The reason photos often look bad in the midday sun is that the light has very sharp shadow edges and the light intensity is too high. Take better photos with the help of this app!
Permissions needed: Coarse Location, used to calculate the sunset and sunrise times based on your location.
Swipe the hour wheel at bottom to move backward and forward in time.
Since this is an early version I would appreciate if you could send me any feedback on the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mail me if you have problems with the app, rather than just give a bad rating. Thank you.
The information is plotted in 2D on a Map. Values are available for the current day, a specific user defined day or the solstices.
It can be used to
- plan photo shoots and photography
- plan trips and holidays
- plant flowers and plants on the sunny side of gardens
- choose a real estate
- calibrate orientation and inclination of solar panels
- estimate exposure to sunlight
** Please report problems and errors through email - not comments **
The internet permission is needed in order to display the maps
-Amazing 3D live wallpaper for your phone!
- Interactive feature: Tap on the screen and new images will appear immediately!
- There is full support for landscape mode and home-screen switching!
- This beautiful, free and enjoyable background is waiting for you!
Home -> Menu -> Wallpapers -> Live Wallpapers
Motion of flashes and lights keeps changing with time.
- You can choose from several different themes.
- HD graphics and open GL.
- Optimized Battery Usage.
- Compatible with 99% mobile phone devices.
Solar Hike includes following features.
* * * Solar Highlights * * *
► Sunrise Time
► Sunset Time
► Sun Noon Time
► Daylight Duration
► Sunrise Azimuth
► Sunset Azimuth
► Sun Current Altitude
► Sun Current Azimuth
► Sunrise Variation
► Sunset Variation
► Civil Twilight
► Nautical Twilight
► Astronomical Twilight
* * * Solar Calendar * * *
Solar Calendar has the option to find the information about the Sun which includes the features in the Solar Highlights with the desired date.
* * * Solar Compass * * *
Solar Compass is useful to find the Sunrise and the Sunset Azimuth/Heading using the compass.
► Sunrise Azimuth
► Sunset Azimuth
► Your Direction
* * * Lunar Highlights * * *
► Moon-rise Time
► Moon-set Time
► Moon-rise Azimuth
► Moon-set Azimuth
► Moon current Altitude
► Moon current Azimuth
► Moon Phase
► Moon Visibility
* * * Lunar Calendar * * *
Lunar Calendar has the option to find the information about the Moon which includes the features in the Lunar Highlights with the desired date.
* * * Lunar Compass * * *
Lunar Compass is useful to find the Moon-rise and Moon-set Azimuth/Heading using the compass.
► Moon-rise Azimuth
► Moon-set Azimuth
► Your Direction
Keywords: sunrise, sunset, azimuth, altitude, variation, twilight, civil, nautical, astronomical, time, direction, solar, panel, photography, photographers, tourism, travelers. science, gps, location, cities, moon, lunar, phase, visibility, calendar, golden, blue, hour.
In this app you can view sun-data of multiple locations. These can be defined manually or automatically by getting your GPS- or network location. Furthermore it is possible to add reminder for the events, that you do not miss them. Additionally you have the opportunity to manually set timezones of the locations, which can be helpful if you are planning trips to locations with another timezone than the one, where you currently are in.
Core features at a glance
- Calculation of sunrise and sunset
- Calculation of moonrise and moonset + moonphase
- Calculation of civil blue hour
- Calculation of golden hour
- Visualization of the azimuth-data of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- 5 days weather prediction
- definition of multiple locations, including current position (based on GPS)
- monthly forecast
- export of forecast-data to Excel-tables
- reminder for events
Note: the calculated values are approximations. Additionally it depends on weather situation, how good or if the blue or golden hour is visible.
You can choose what information you want to overlay on your photos to suit the type of fieldwork you do.
- Latitude & Longitude
- Date & time
- Show Compass
- Show Cardinal points in Building mode; e.g. North or South Elevations of a building face
USEABLE INFORMATION DONE EASILY
Don’t worry about writing down information just snap and take the photo and you know where and when the photo was taken.
EMAIL PHOTOS WITH:
- Compass reading
- Elevation of building face
- GPS Coordinates
- Date & Time taken
- Link to Google maps
Share photos from the app on Facebook & Twitter.
• Field Workers: Show where and when work was done including geo coordinates (Compass & Building mode)
• Tradespeople/Contractors: Quoting work is easier with photos tagged for your client (Building mode)
• Real Estate buyers/investors: Know which way rooms face to get the best solar gain (Compass & Building mode)
• Builders: Check with client what needs to be fixed/quoted and then email off to tradespeople (Building mode)
• Architects: Take photos of building elevations for redesign, also easy to file and find later. (Building mode). Compass mode for new builds
• Sales People: Capture more information for professional quotations and proposals (Compass & Building mode)
• Drivers: Capture when and where an accident happened but importantly what direction you or others were driving (Compass mode)
• For more examples please visit www.solocator.com
TPE is a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, be it day or night, for almost anywhere on earth.
Ideal for landscape, nature, travel and outdoor photographers, TPE's map-based approach means you can search for any place name on the planet or position the map pin exactly where you want it.
Advanced features include: automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon. You can even determine when the sun or moon will be visible from behind nearby hills and mountains.
- Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
- Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Graphical display on a map (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Rotate and tilt the map for the optimal view
- Compass-based auto-rotation of the map
- Movable map pins - drag and drop the pin exactly where you need it
- Search for locations by place name or enter coordinates directly
- Save any location you want - no fixed lists
- All features available in both portrait and landscape mode
- Does not require network connection for rise/set time, azimuths and sun/moon position
- Automatic time zone detection for any location on earth
- Determines elevation above sea level
- View azimuth and altitude of sun/moon for any time of day/night
- Distance, bearing and elevation angle between any two points
- Import locations from KML files
- Find when the sun/moon will appear from behind a hill
- Compensation for atmospheric refraction
- Compensation for elevation above the horizon
- Maps and elevation-based calculations require a data connection to function
- Locations outside ±80° latitude (very far north and south) are unsupported
- Map auto-rotate requires a compatible device (with magnetometer and accelerometer)
- Requires that you have Google Play Services and Google Maps installed on your device. Most devices already have both installed. TPE will prompt you to install these if they are missing.
Please visit http://photoephemeris.com/support#android_support if you have any trouble installing Google Play Services.
TPE desktop version has been a favorite of photographers around the world for four years. Now you can carry it with you.
Find sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
The summer and winter solstices show the extreme positions of the sun over a year.
You can also predict the shadow, the sunlight in and out of a house, and even where the sun will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://SunTrajectory.net in the press:
AppsZoom . rated 4* . "Easy, useful and powerful VR app."
100BestAndroidApps . "This really is a special app."
Professional photographer Alan Goldstein . "An invaluable tool for planning photographs."
Location manager Mariano Cukar . "It's a tool every location manager and scouter should have."
Golf Course Superintendent Logan Freeman . "Helps me determine which trees need to be removed or to be pruned."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
http://SunTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the sun in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the sun.
* Plan the sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what course the sun will follow in the months to come.
* The summer and winter solstices are displayed, showing the extreme positions of the sun over a year.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the sun for a whole year.
Moon Path is included:
* No need to have both apps installed on your phone.
* You can browse the trajectories of the sun, its shadow and also of the moon on the same photos!
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* For more details, please visit the website of
* Visualize the sunlight in and out of a house you wish to buy for every month of the year.
* Predict the consequences of a shadow.
* Think about the orientation of a terrace, imagine creating a new window.
* Export your photos, including the drawing of the sun path, to your computer and integrate those pictures into a report (for example: photovoltaics).
* Plan your pictures according to the light effect you wish to create.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be lit from the angle you have chosen.
* Plan when that same subject will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Plan when the sun will light a scene (and not be hidden by a mountain or a building).
* Imagine the outline of shadows on the scene at a later date.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
Justification of the authorizations required by the app:
* Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
Photos are saved on the SD card.
* Coarse (network-based) location / fine (GPS) location
The app requires your location to compute the trajectories.
* Prevent device from sleeping
Only while the app is running.
* Full Internet access
Used by GoogleMaps only.
* Take pictures and videos
The app takes pictures and displays video.
Just take a series of photos and the Malibu Sun Lens will stitch them together to make one awesome animation.
It’s really easy to share your animations with friends through Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook or email. Or join in the fun by adding your creation to the Malibu Sunshine Project and star in our film.
Here’s what the app can do in a nutshell:
- Make fun-loving, sun-loving GIF animations
- Star in the Malibu Sunshine Project
- Share your creations with friends through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email
- Make GIF Movies (a series of individual GIF animations stitched together)
- Take photos with the beautiful Sunshine Filter
The Malibu Sunshine Project
The Malibu Sunshine Project is an ever-changing collaboration of your sun-loving GIF animations from around the world. It’s an evolving film created by you guys. But you need the Malibu Sun Lens to be a part of it. So get your friends together, play with the sun and star in our summer celebration – the Malibu Sunshine Project!
What’s a GIF animation?
GIF animations are little files that turn a series of photos into fun animations. ‘GIF’ stands for Graphics Interchange Format. But if that’s a bit geeky, you just need to know an animated GIF displays images one after the other. Just snap a series of shots, and the app will do the rest.
The Malibu Sun Lens turns your photos into a sun-kissed paradise, as every shot you take becomes drenched in that warm summer glow. Take it to festivals, holidays and parties so your fun memories will always have a beautiful summery vibe.
Some praise from acclaimed photographer Cass Bird:
“The Malibu Sun Lens is what fun photography is all about. It’s so easy to turn photos into great little animations and share them with your friends.”
Cass has made some beautiful animations with the app and passed on some tips on how to get the best results.
Get the tips and visit the Malibu Sunshine Project > http://www.malibu-rum.com/sunshine/
Following features are included
* Sunrise Time
* Sunset Time
* Sun Noon Time
* Daylight Duration
* Sunrise Azimuth
* Sunset Azimuth
* Sun Current Altitude
* Sun Current Azimuth
* Sunrise Variation
* Sunset Variation
* Civil Twilight
* Nautical Twilight
* Astronomical Twilight
Keywords: sunrise, sunset, azimuth, altitude, variation, twilight, civil, nautical, astronomical, time, direction, solar, panel, photography, photographers, tourism, travelers. science, gps, location, cities, moon, lunar, phase, calendar, calculator, golden, blue, hour.
Your pictures are displayed vertically, the latest at the top. Click on the photos that you'd like to share, and they will be displayed on the bar at the bottom of the screen. You can click on them to remove them from the bar if they had been added by mistake. Once all the required photos are selected, hit the 'Compose' button, and choose the way you would like to share them - Gmail, Facebook, Flickr, etc. (depending on what is installed on your phone). The photos will be resized according to the setting of your choice and sent to your recipient.
* resize and send multiple photos at once.
* aspect ratio will be preserved.
* send to multiple people at once.
* click on the photo to see a larger version.
* the original photos are left untouched.
* resized versions are not saved - no unneeded stuff left on your phone!
More from developer
*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Features
- List of current warning
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the device GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with a crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your device
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.