7 Day Refund Policy
Try it for a week, listen to a book, and if you are not happy with the app just email me to request a refund. I will need the order number found in the order receipt Google emails you at the time of purchase.
For fast, friendly support email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a player only, you must provide your own audiobooks to play.
You can download books from sites such as https://librivox.org/ or http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/ or any place that provides DRM free audio.
Written with a focus on simple design and ease of use with an interface that puts your books on display and doesn't get in your way. Tap anywhere on the background to play and pause. Use gesture controls to skip forward or back. A slide out navigation drawer for when you need it. The player brings many convenient features such as downloading book cover art from within the app, sync position across multiple devices, set a time when the sleep countdown timer is automatically active if book is played, auto adjust sound levels, a play queue to auto start the next book when your current book finishes, and many more.
I listen to audio books every day and I wrote this player as a labor of love. I've spent many hundreds of hours developing this app, and continue to invest a lot of time in improvements and updates. If you enjoy audiobooks like I do, please give it a try. I hope you will enjoy using it.
• No advertisements. No in-app purchases to unlock features.
• Folder based library automatically stays in sync with your audiobook folder. Each book should be placed in its own folder. Allows books to be organized within subfolders. Library will allow you to browse folders, or list of all books at once.
• Plays mp3, m4b, m4a, wma and ogg files. (must be DRM free)
• Variable playback speed (0.5 to 3.0x) support for mp3 files.
• Built in sync support. You can synchronize current position and bookmarks to multiple devices. (Android 4.0+)
• Cover art is added from embedded art, images in the book folder, or can be downloaded easily from within the app.
• Position History.
• Chapter search. Skip next/previous or jump to any file. This must be enabled in settings. Embedded chapters not currently supported.
• Bluetooth play/pause/skip support.
• Remembers last played volume for headset, Bluetooth, speaker, and sleep mode.
• Home screen widgets.
• Lock-screen control.
• Play queue. Automatically starts the next book in the queue when the current book finishes.
• Navigation drawer that can slide away when not needed.
• Play/Pause from notification pull-down (Android 3.0+)
• Sleep timer with shake to reset, set custom notification sounds, and a few unique options.
• Fade sound options for sleep timer.
• Auto rewind depending on paused time, customize rewind times to your liking.
• Set custom short and long button skip times.
• Set custom colors for progress bar.
• Headset button play/pause support (double press to skip back).
• Option to hide status bar notification when not playing.
• Actively being developed, always more good stuff in the works!
English, Deutsch (German), Pусский (Russian), Polski (Polish)
Needs network and storage permissions in order to download and save book cover art.
View network connections required by sync feature.
Phone call permission for pause/resume on calls.
Pair with Bluetooth devices permission to allow optional auto play when connecting to bluetooth.
Wake Lock to ensure audio plays when screen is off.
Retrieve running apps for background service to know if the app is showing.
Change your audio settings for equalizer.
Home screen Widgets as separate download "MortPlayer Widgets".
Also check "MortPlayer Music", which is optimized for music playback, e.g. with several shuffle and repeat modes.
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_AudioBooks/
- Folder based navigation
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Auto save and restore recent position for each track
- Manual bookmarks
- Separate buttons for ffwd./rewind witch configurable timespan
- Go to given position in track (time entry dialog)
- List of 10 most recent events for each track (where did you press play, stop, got interrupted by a call, activate the sleep timer, ...)
- List of started but unfinished tracks (in bookmark dialog)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
The most powerfull player for android . Doomed Player integrated with Vkontakte
-Ordinal formats (.mp3;.mp2;.mp1;.ogg;.oga;.wav;.aif;.aiff;.aifc;)
-Playlists and CUE sheet (.m3u;.pls;.cue;.playlist;)
-Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac;)
-WavPack Audio Codec (.wv;.wvc;)
-Monkey's Audio (.ape;)
-Apple Lossless (.mp4;.m4a;.m4b;.m4p;)
-sort by Folders,Artists,Albums
-play music from Vkontakte
-download music from Vkontakte
-get music of Friends , Groups (vk)
-get Popular music (by genres) and My music (vk)
-2 configurable widgets
-automatically downloads cover art for a songs
-can change app's language (only en , ru)
-two nice theme (dark,light)
-and so on
There's no easy way. Practice makes perfect.
We just want to be small assist for your long way.
Play playback Speed Control/Pitch control
Extracting Audio from movie file and play audio with speed control
Subtitle support(.smi, .srt)
Headset Button Control
MP3 Edit (Cutting and Merging)
Powerful MP3 file manager
Text/Image Viewer ( Lyrics in MP3 file.)
Silence auto detection, move, repetition,...
Powerful Bookmark (History)
Most of audio, video format are supported.
(In case of video file, it extracts audio and play with speed control)
Best with POD Cast , Audio Book , Pimsleur
Audio Music Player Foreign Language study player
Listening test English Chinese French German Italian Japanese Korean Portuguese Russian Spanish Lessons GMAT SAT Score IELTS
LNAT PREP EAP International education Language schools
Exam Test FLEX TOEFL JLPT JPT HSK GRE ETS OPIC POD Cast
Good morning pops GMP High middle school Audio Book
Audio: mp3, ogg, flac, m4b(partial support), mp4, 3gp, mid, wma(not all devices), xmf, mxmf, rtttl,rtx, wav, m4a, amr.
Video: mp4, 3gp
Adjustable audio speed[only 2.0x-6.0x] (only mp3)
Adjustable speed pitch control
Playlist auto generation based on a selected folder
Search in playlists and music browser
Sorting tracks by rating and play count
M3U playlists support
Select a folder for playback
Resume/pause playback when the headset is plugged/unplugged
Bluetooth headset support
Hotkeys, actions, menu, and buttons organizers
Preloaded Internet Radio stations[only 1]
Fetching cover arts[only from ID3tags]
Lyrics from tags
Non-Unicode encoding support (displays Artist, Album in your own language for Non-Unicode encodings)
Astro Player Wiki
Astro Player Support Forum
Folder Player is a popular and totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks. Supports MP3 format, as well as (*IF* supported by your hardware), FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA among others.
Just navigate deep to any directory you like and play it. You an play individual files too.
Folder Player is a freeware which knows how to play whole directories. It can browse and play individual files, folders, or full folder trees.
Why another music player for Android?
There are many great mp3 players out there. If you're happy with them, you probably don't need another one. But chances are, you have same problem as I had before I created this app - you tried many players (like MortPlayer or WinAmp), and your mp3 tag-based access to your music still too cumbersome, because your world defined - yes - by folders.
Is Folder Player a solution?
If you need advanced capabilities of a desktop player - Folder Player is probably not the right fit.
This player focuses on things that really are important: browsing and playing music on a portable device, and that's exactly what makes this app stand out.
You can learn more, join beta program or leave feedback at http://folderplayer.com
If you like the player - it is important to rate this app - here is why:
More people rate it -> more people see it -> more feedback -> more updates
(by the way same applies to other apps you like, rate them too!)
Other features include:
- integration with bluetooth headphones (and car)
- integration with last.fm (via scrobbler)
- pauses during phone calls and navigation speech
- sequential and random play
- configurable settings
- Double press headset button to skip track
- Search (Android 4+)
I would like to thank all the fans of this app, for your feedback, donation, translations and also Uplink (http://vinisoft.com) who helped me with the UI for this app.
Want to be part of the beta program? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.folderplayer
Bookmarks, variable speed playback, A-B repeat, equalizer, scrobbling, and more.
Supported audio formats : mp3, ogg, wav (pcm)
- Doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. See Q&A.
** if you've updated your phone to JellyBean (4.0 -> 4.1 or 4.1 -> 4.2):
Please uninstall and then reinstall Maple. (because Jellybean has a new file system)
Want to help translate to your language?
* Browse and play your audio by folders, playlists, albums, artists, and genres
* Tempo control (variable speed playback)
Change tempo from 0.25x to 4.00x with the same pitch
* Pitch control
Change pitch from -0.5 to +0.5 octave (-6.00 to +6.00 semitones)
* Auto playback history
* Sleep timer
* Selectable themes
* ICS lockscreen support
(requires android 4.0 and up)
and more ...
You can activate the following extra features by purchasing Unlocker.
* No banner ads
* Tempo from 0.25x to 5.00x
* Pitch from -2 to +2 octaves (-24.00 to +24.00 semitones)
* Bass Booster
* Reverb Presets (it doesn't work well on many devices)
to auto-stop audio playback when your phone starts ringing.
to save playlists and bookmarks
to get the real-time audio waveform for the visualizer. Look at the following link to get the details: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Visualizer.html
to prevent your device from sleeping during playback
for ads and Google Analytics
for volume control and sound effects
General Questions/Answers for Maple
Q. Cannot open MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. Why?
A. The app doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate (or other downloaders). They are not real MP3 files in many cases.
Q. Sound skipping during playback
A. Please increase the 'Audio Buffer Size' in the settings.
* General note about choosing the best audio buffer size
The bigger the audio buffer size, the lower the chance you will hear unexpected clicks in the audio when using a lot of processing power. But at the same a bigger audio buffer size also causes a higher latency.
Using a smaller audio buffer size gives you a lower latency, but then make sure your CPU can handle it, otherwise clicks may appear in your audio because the CPU can't process it all quick enough.
Tested formats (depending on your device/Android version, some may not work):
- automatically starts playing where it was stopped last time
- integrated file explorer to add files to playlist
- no automatic scan of the SD card, no reading of audio tags
- possibility to open fles from an external file explorer (tested with "ES File Explorer")
- possibility to read files from network (tested with "ES File Explorer", with FTP and LAN networks)
- reading files from network is sometimes troublesome. If the network connection is interrupted and playing does not resume successfully, add again one of the files to the play-list to reinitialize the connection.
- reading files from network has been tested and implemented using "ES File Explorer", which handles the actual file transfer through the http protocol. If you are using another mean to add your network files to the play-list, chances are that it will not work. If that is the case and you want to functionality to work, please use "ES File Explorer" or send me a message explaining how you are trying to do it so I can improve the application.
- Battery : to keep the system to kill the application when running in background
- Network communication : to access files from network
Audio books from LibriVox are free thanks to the dedicated work of hundreds of volunteers who record, edit and distribute the books. New releases are prepared daily, and the entire catalog spans the breadth of world literature, including novels, history, biography, short stories, poetry and more in both fiction and non-fiction.
The LibriVox audio book app makes it easy to search for free audio books, as well as classic radio dramas. You can browse by title, author or genre, look at new recordings, or search for specific key words. Because the books are free, you can listen to as much or as little of a book as you like with no cost. The app remembers your position, so when you return to a book later, you can start listening at the place where you left off.
To see the LibriVox Audio Book catalog, visit http://librivox.bookdesign.biz
Automatically bookmarks position.
You control the files in your audio book list.
Ability to scan sd card to automatically add audio book to your media list.
To keep files organized, create folder for audio books. Audio books with multiple files should be in their own subfolders.
Audio Book Play can be launched when selecting audio file from file system.
Play Speed Control. Note: This uses the Stable Speed Library (developed by StuntByte).
For more information Choose Help from the Menu. Then choose 'Settings Help'
Settings for bookmark frequency. Forward & Back button skip time.
Most audio book players are bloated with buttons and controls rarely used. This player is designed to show you your list of audio books and play them.
If there are some features that you need. Email email@example.com
ATTENTION PLEASE: This application is based on Android system media facilities and supports the same files as the default android music player. If your file format is not supported or your files are hidden to Android music library (indicated by .nomedia file in the folder), you will not be able to listen them with Ginkgo Audio Book Player.
Easy navigation: Four step buttons (backward, fast backward, forward and fast forward) make seeking and repeating easy.
[Bookmark]: Bookmark function allows you to place multiple bookmarks within a track, that helps you to locate the begin of a chapter, a paragraph or even the begin of every phrase. You can also use the "create bookmarks by interval" function to "cut" long recordings into small pieces.
[Lyric and subtitle]: Lyric (.lrc) and subtitle (.srt) can be imported as bookmarks. This will be a great help to language learners.
You can find audio files with associated lyric /subtitle files on some language learning resource sites(e.g. http://www.51voa.com/VOA_Special_English/A-Mobile-App-in-Delhi-Aims-to-Protect-Women--44408.html), or make your own lyric files with free tools. Once you get the lyric/subtitle files, put them into the related audio files folder and import them as bookmarks.
[Progression]: your progression (shown by a dark green progress bar) on each track is memorized to resume later.
[Support files]: This application is based on Android system media facilities and supports the same files as android music player does (This varies depending on devices. Commonly supported formats include: .3gp .mp3 .mp4, .m4a .flac .wav .ogg)
[Tags based browsing]: built on Android system audio library, the browsing interface is revamped to be simple and efficient.
[Folders based browsing]: you can also browse audio files by folder/file names. The library scan is automatic and instantaneous.
[Configurable headset buttons]: Wired and Bluetooth headset buttons are supported and can be reassigned to step and bookmark actions.
Key words: audiobook, foreign language, bookmark, seek, repeat, progression, resume, folder, headset buttons, MortPlayer, Audible, Ambling, Akimbo, Astro.
If the following features are very important to you, please do not waste your time on this app now, and check it later, thanks.
* This app doesn't come with any audiobooks. There are many great and FREE audiobooks can be found in librivox.org.
* The current version does not support 'base folder scan' which adds all audiobooks under a folder at one time.
* The current version doesn't support bookmark backup/restore.
* The current version cannot change playing speed.
* Global progress bar - the progress bar shows the listening position in whole book ( and a file ).
* It can jump to anywhere within a book just by dragging the progress thumb or long pressing listening time.
* Bookmark with tags. The book structure can be defined by bookmarks with tag, for example, chapter, section, etc, then it can jump from chapter to chapter, or from section to section.
* Drag and drop to sort audio files or folders.
* Sleep timer.
* It supports mp3, aac, ogg and m4a audio format; it can play m4b files, but the current version cannot import chapter settings from m4b files.
* Flip to start or pause. This feature may not work on some devices, but it is worth a try. It is very useful when the screen is locked. ( Important: Take the phone facing to the SKY or GROUND first, then flip it over. )
* It's designed for smartphone with screen resolution 480x800 or higher.
** Lite version is a free app without ad., and described as it is. Rates with comment are appreciated. Please follow the comment posting policy: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138329
* Only allows eight books, and maximum ten bookmarks for each book.
* Flip settings are not saved. It has to be set for every start or stop.
* Preference is session-based.
( I hope the Lite version can be useful in some cases. If any limitation really bother you and make this app totally useless, please write to me. I will consider some adjustment. )
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
audiobook player, audio book manager, 有声书 , オーディオブック
The audio of some of these audio stories is integrated into the application, so NO NEED INTERNET for playback (inside the no-internet section), eliminating the problems of streaming, playing cuts and other annoying problems typical of other applications of the same gender.
The interpretation of the texts is performed by professional actors, studio recorded, providing a unique experience of these wonderful tales alive.
Fables translated to Spanish!!!
This is the free version with ads. There is a payed version on market without ads, which makes the application smaller and me happier.