Remembers the last time that you used so that it makes it easier to just pull out and put them in timeout without much fuss (from your phone that is...) Able to sit up in your notification bar too and run while you browse and do other things that you would like to do. Gives a classic egg timer ring to let you know that it's done and the animation is to help children know when it's close to being done without having to know numbers!
Note: I know it's not the prettiest on the tablet, but I decided not to make a tablet version yet since there isn't any demand. It works and all, just isn't visually pretty. :P
I try to make a habit of listening to reviews. ;) So feel free to leave any constructive comments.
Egg timer? Reminder alarm? Alarm for a healthy sleep after dinner? Cooking Timer?
Originally, "Multi Timer" was planned as simple kitchen timer (originally "KITchen TImer", thus "Kitty"), but as it grew up, it became a universal timer app.
(The reasons of the rights that "Multi Timer" needs are given at the end of this description)
Do you want to:
* be able to run multiple timers concurrently, clearly arranged?
* be able to start timers with only one touch (from the homescreen, even the dock for immediate access)?
* manage pre-configured timers with own icons and sounds?
* have optimal use of different layouts of Smartphone and Tablet?
* have an app that is without advertisement even in the free version?
* see the remaining time of the next timer in the notification tray?
* ... and other nice-to-haves
My main point was: simple and fast handling, and ease of use.
- "Multi Timer" has three groups: a quick start group in the main activity, where you can put the most-used timers to start them by tapping them once. A group of running (or paused) timers, and a group of expired timers.
- you can link timers onto your homescreen to enable single-tap starting (and stopping) of a timer.
- sounds and icons are managed using repositories, so that they can be easily assigned to timers.
- timers can be grouped visually by color and icon, and sorted by name, duration or usage frequency.
- nearly every activity has a small help popup, describing the purpose and options of the current activity.
- time can have a pre-warning alarm, that can be used either as pre-warning (not to start a new task before the timer ends) or as implicit double-duration-timer (for example soft and hard-boiled eggs).
- Android backup is supported for the databases (at least I hope, as it's not easy to test - it runs infrequently)
- the main screen and the screen with running timers can be locked, so that you can put the smartphone in your pocket with active screen, to make looking at the remaining times easily!
FREE-Version limtation: the free version is limited to a single timer running at a time. Using In-App-Purchase, you can get rid of the limitation (costs: 1€). This is your way to appreciate my work ;)
Concerning the required app rights and the reasons for them: camera (to take own photos as icons), microphone (for own sounds), Touchscreen (optional brightness control), call state (mute timer when a call comes in).
Keywords: egg timer, kitchen timer, alarm
More from developer
Let me know what you think and please rate. More updates will come based on your interest and feedback!
Tags: Music Sheet, Instruments, Piano, Speed, Practice, Reading, Workout, Game, Quiz, Sight Read
Thanks for your interest in My Ears. My Ears is a great app that acts like your third ear. It uses the microphone on your device to listen in the background. In your daily life, if something occurs that you wish you had an audio recording of, simply click on the widget. My Ears will allow you to go back in time based on your settings.
After you install, look for the My Ears widget and place it somewhere on your desktop.
Some things to note:
(1) My Ears is activated by default. However, you can disable it when you don't want it to be active.
(2) No other app is able to use the microphone when it's active (Android doesn't allow it); however, you will be able to make and take calls.
(3) Having the microphone on in the background does use extra battery power. In newer devices, you should be able to last at least the whole day.
(4) To delete a capture, simply slide dismiss its card.
Please leave a feedback if you find this app useful.
P.S. This is the premium version of the app. That means you will have more choices in duration to go back and quality of captures. In addition, there are no ads!
IMPORTANT: Make sure you remove or disable the free version.