Well, those times are over.
Meet the RoadRecorder - the best car video camera for your cellphone.
With this app you can record your route in HD with all necessary features, such as location, speed and date.
If you want to use any other apps at the same time you can easily do background recording.
And ... when you have driven safely to your destination you can playback the recorded material and send your files to dropbox or email.
RoadRecorder is the best alternative for 130$ worth mid-range car cameras.
The best of all is our app is free and ready to download.
You can download for free or purchase the pro edition from the Google Play market in three different languages.
Give it a try today and join over 50 000 happy users.
Application to display recorded files (for Windows): http://roadrecorder.eu/desktop/RoadRecorderPC.rar [BETA]
Offical WebSite: http://roadrecorder.eu
- sequential video recording of defined recording time
- ability to register your GPS position, speed and date
- recording even for the last 3 files per session,
- background recordings
- deleting records from the application
- playback recorded material with the localization on the map,
- the widget to quickly start recording,
- warnings about finishing space on the memory card and low battery.
- collision-free operation with each navigation
- export coordinates to KML or GPX files
- auto-deleting old files (very configurable)
The application does not support CyanogenMod. If the recording in this mod does not work, it is the fault of the system, not the application.
Remember to turn off task killer (if you have one) or add Road Recorder to the list of exceptions
Keywords: black box, car camera, DVR, traffic recorder, recording travel, event recording on the road, photos, time lapse photography, accident, insurance, events, traffic, road incident, hike, g-force, accelerometer, GPS, car holder
DriveCamRecorder was produced to make the drivers’ lives much easier. This app enables saving the route with the possibility of further browsing. Thanks to the saved information, you will be able to check the speed and position of your vehicle at the moment of recording.
Are you looking for a Video Recorder that works together with another app with a navigation function? Nothing simpler! Turn on the background recording and activate the navigation.
With an increasing number of vehicles and collisions on the roads, this app will become your partner during the daily travels.
The main options:
- The background recording or the preview image recording, that works together with other apps with a GPS receiver.
- The embedded file manager that enables you to manage your recordings.
- The player with a map view – together with the video footage, you will be able to see the date, speed and position of your vehicle at the moment of recording.
- Settings enabling to adjust the app to fit your own preferences.
Visit our fanpage on facebook -> http://on.fb.me/1CKPktL
You can also find us on twitter -> http://bit.ly/1DvdRVI
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, contact me via email@example.com
Keywords : videorecorder, route recorder, without ads, free
What the AutoKam has to offer in current version?
- Video recording camera with possibility to set 4 recording quality modes
- Multimedia player with data collected during the recording (speed, location, date and time)
- Automatic deletion of the oldest recordings in case of a memory crunch
- Dividing the recordings to 5 minute fragments
- Displaying the street information you're at (along with longitude and latitude)
- Current speed
- Dashcam working in background
- Automatic start of recording
- Possibility to block/protect the recordings (chosen videos will not be removed)
- No ads
- Positioning your phone / tablet with respect to the street
- Collision detection system
- Emergency braking detection system
AutoKam helps everyone for whom often car travel is a must. It can be everyones personal car assistant and provide lots of information in case of any accidents the driver can be involved in, for your own and for anyone elses safety on the road.
All remarks and suggestions please address to: firstname.lastname@example.org or our facebook profile.
Xynapse Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Xynapse
NOTICE! User is responsible for performing the application tests before using it on the street. There are many different hardware producers and android versions and the application may not work as intended on every device (most important is to verify if the files are being recorded correctly when using the app in the background). If you happen to find a bug, please let us know at email@example.com including the bug description and your device details.
NOTICE! If you are using CyanogenMod or other mods and the recording preview is black, it has nothing to do with the AutoKam itself. It's the OS fault which cannot be omitted at this point.
1. Location: the mobile's location is shown on the map center.
2. Location information: current location's time, speed and route information can be shown on the mp, this layout can be dragged freely;
3. Satellite: switch between map and satellite to show the location and route.
4. Route record: the mobile's route can be recorded, paused, resumed and saved.
5. Mark: markers can be inserted into the map and can be dragged, A route and its markers can be uploaded to the Internet. Click on a marker and its info window to edit or delete.
6. Route list: all routes can be listed with detailed information.Click on one of route list items, the route can be shown on the map; long press on any route item, you can delete, rename, share or show the route's speed chart. Each position's speed and time can be shown in a route.
7. Speed chart: blue portion in the middle of the chart represents the routes' average speed.
8. Share: it's very convenient to share route map to your friends, share can be done when route saving, or long-pressed in the route list.
9. Video: click the Video button on the top middle of the screen, click again until videos to record, videos can be recorded and replayed synchronously with routes.
10.navigation: plan a route shown on the map according to route source and route destination.
1. Google Play and Google Map should be installed first in mobile phone.
2. GPS location gets high accuracy and needs much power. When GPS is used, the mobile phone should be put outside with a clear view of the sky. It may take several minutes to have a first fix of GPS position.
3. GPS, phone screen and camera are power-hungry, Please keep charging when used. Continuous video recording may cause the phone hot.
4. we will continue to improve.
A first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro.
A plug-in for the Torque application. Shows the shifting points in 4 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color
Select how your lights are drawn among more than dozen ways!
Before using, open the menu and select 'Shift RPM' option. This will open a dialog where you can enter an RPM value at which the app will use visual cues to inform you that you should shift.
If you'd like to show your support and get a few more features, please consider the Shift Lights Pro with more features and datalogging - for $0.99 only :)
Thanks to people for rating. If you want to make a UI suggestion, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details, as it's pretty hard to figure out what you'd like from a short comment. Also, the Pro version has more UI options (in addition to other cool things) - maybe you will like the Wave mode :)
Turn your Android device into a Shift Lights device! You *MUST*have the Torque Pro installed!
Like the Shift Lights plugin for Torque, this live wallpaper will show you the shift points as you drive your vehicle.
Double-tap your screen to bring up the preferences. Options include four different ways to display the lights (LEDs, Bars, Entire Screen, Sudden Flash), option to show RPMs and Debug mode (for when you are not connected to your ECU).
WARNING!!! Pay attention to the road! To be used on a track only!
Enter the Shift Lights Pro. The first and only shift lights tool for Android!
The tool that can save you a lot of money - for only $0.99 you are getting what others sell for hundreds of $$!
The first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro. Shows the shifting points in 5 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen, wave and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color - red or green!
Select how your lights are drawn!
More than a dozen total combinations!
Version 2.4 adds a new experimental feature - video recording. Please test and report your findings. Due to the nature of the beast, I can test only on a limited number of devices. Feature is enabled via preferences. High resolution requires a *lot* of CPU and battery. Your RPM updates may slow down in that mode - adjust the shift RPM accordingly.
Recording is started at the same time other data collection starts - when you tap the screen. Second tap stops it.
Version 2.5 adds export in RaceRender format! Create complete record of your on-track experiences using your device - both video and data!
Version 2.0 adds a slew of new features.
1. Options to display Current Gear mode (auto-learn or manual learn mode). Current gear can be configured to be spoken by the phone. Manual learning mode will provide the most reliable gear detection. Especially for automatics :) The learned gears will be saved in a current Vehicle Profile in Torque and loaded up subsequently.
2. Automatic lap detection with export to Google Earth.The files are stored on the SD card and can be downloaded to a PC/Mac via usb cable. The root folder is ShiftLights. Inside that folder, each recorded session is stored in a separate folder that's named based on the date and time when it was created – for easy sorting. Data in the file includes upshift points, drive line and calculated laps – you need to drive in circles for laps to be detected.
3. Home Screen Widget. Not all possible display modes are supported due to technical limitaions. Widget is quite taxing on the CPU/battery of your phone. Use with care! To configure options, tap on the 'ShiftLights Pro' title. Again, what can be controlled are voice/sound option, 'Show RPM', color order (red or green first) and display mode of 'full screen' and 'sudden flash'. The widget uses the same configuration data as the Torque plug-in itself, including the shift point RPM. Shift point can be configured from the plug-in menu itself, not the Widget.
4. Portrait or landscape orientation. Now the plug-in can work in either landscape or portrait orientation.
5. Shift sound has been changed to a beep (similar to Clio)
6. Ability to move the app to the SD card.
7. Option to display current throttle position.
8. Select the color of the text
Enable a beep to sound at the shift point!
Use 'debug' mode to fine tune your shifting point timing.
Control brightness of your display - helpful on those sunny days on a track!
Data logging! Use simple screen touch to start and stop data logging for later analysis. Data is collected as a histogram of RPM values. Bucket size is 10. Number of buckets depends on entered shift RPM value.
Here is a sample (first row is headers, second is data) :
<80th percentile> , etc
00:00:26 Bucket size=10 3 810 15 15 15 15 15 15
Known issues with the Home Screen Widget:
When moved to SD, the Home Screen Widget will be unavailable (Android limitation).
When you have the Widget running and launch, then exit Torque, the widget may disappear. Just add it again. ;)
The app is not loaded with difficult to understand and use options that distract from driving - just click a button to start and stop recordings.
The app allows to record a Google Earth data file tracing the driving route.
The recording length can be set in increments of 5 minutes up to one hour - recording will stop automatically. A length of zero means no auto stopping.
Video quality can be selected between three settings. Actual video dimensions will depend on your particular device.
Access configuration options via standard Android menu button.
The data files are stored on your SD card in the folder named DashRecorder.
Get the files by connecting your phone via USB cable to your computer (or via HDMI to your TV).
App records in both portrait and landscape (landscape recommended). Device is prevented from sleeping while recording.
The best app to play the videos back is QuickTime player. Windows Media Player doesn't handle orientation settings properly and the videos may appear rotated.
VLC can be used, but may need to have the rotation settings configured.
The app has ads - a paid version with more features is in the works for those who would like to support future development :)
Please, drive carefully and pay attention to the road!
A double tap on the screen will display the image description and copyright information.
A triple tap opens a dialog with the explanation
Swipe your screen and see the 'parallax' movement of your image.
INSTRUCTIONS!!! It is better to have a beefier device, as APOD images can be HUGE and require a lot of memory.
1. Once installed, press and hold on a clear area of a home screen.
2. When the menu appears, select 'Wallpapers'
3. Next select 'Live wallpapers'
4. Then select APOD wallpaper
5. Click on 'Set wallpaper'
7. 24 hours from that point a new image will be downloaded
Very simple UI with one toggle button to turn the camera LED on your phone on and off.
I personally use this app when walking my dog in the dark - that was my inspiration. :)
*WARNING* May not work on all phones (Droid in particular).
Should work on HTC phones, i.e. Nexus One and Samsung (Infuse).