The app automatically launches when placed in a car dock (that has a magnet or similar).
* Speed Alerts (fully customizable by speed, colors, flashing, and sounds)
* Current location
* Current street (Pro version)
* Current temperature
* Current altitude
* Max speed
* US and Metric units/speed alerts: knots, km/h or mph, Fahrenheit or Celsius, meters or feet
* Custom text colors
* 20 customizable shortcuts - launch favorite applications, directly dial important numbers, navigate to common locations, and more!
Avoid getting a speeding ticket by keeping track and being alerted of your speed accurately via GPS!
This version removes advertisements! It will also display your current street.
* Read Contact Data and Call Phone permissions are for creating/using shortcuts.
French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Slovak, Romanian and Swedish localizations supported
Help translate the app into your language: http://crowdin.net/project/car-dashboard/invite/
What car video recorder AutoKam has in its current version?
- Recording in four qualities
- Media player with data gathered while recording (speed, location, time, date)
- Automatically delete old data in the event of lack of space on the memory card
- Split recordings into a 5 minute fragments
- Information about the street you are on (alongside with latitude i longitude)
- The current speed at which you travel
- Automatic start of recording
- Possibility to lock recordings (won't be automatically deleted)
- No ads
- Collision detection system
- Sudden braking detection system
- Positioning of the phone/tablet relative to the street
AutoKam helps everyone for whom frequent car trips are a must. With this application you can record traffic violations that can help you, if any accident will happen on the road.
Any comments or suggestions regarding the application should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or our Facebook page.
IMPORTANT! User is responsible to perform tests before using application on the road. There are many different hardware vendors alongside with android versions and application may not work correctly on all devices (most of all, check if videos are being recorded correctly when application is in the background). If You will find out any error, please contact us on email@example.com with error description and device information on which AutoKam was running.
WARNING! If You're using CyanogenMod or other modification and You have a black preview screen, it has nothing to do with AutoKam app. That's an issue with the system You have installed and We can't avoid it.
* On Top Mode (Always stay on over the other running apps), with this mode, user could record video and gps data while using the other apps; like google navigator, google map, or other apps.
For more Info please visit link for the visual help:
For video demo:
* GPS Data and Video Web Browser Player: please visit
* GPS Data and Video Web Browser Player:
Please visit at http://www.busywww.com for more information.
* User can play and view recorded gps data from web browsers (recommend to use latest Chrome)
1. OBD Mode (Vehicle On Board Diagnostics): Vehicle Speed, RPM, and Engine Temperature
2. Google Map Version 2: Off-line Map and 3D View support
3. Sharing Current GPS Location: Email or other applications
*** OBD Mode: see Help OBD Mode section for more information.
Dashboard Cam allows the users to record video or take photo snaps in full screen camera images along with map compass and GPS speed information, and find out your driving statistics with GPS data recordings. And app could be used as car blackbox purposes.
Main Record Modes:
* Video + GPS
* Photo + GPS (Map and Speedo Overlay)
* Widget: GPS
Dashboard Cam android application could be controlled from remote android devices with realtime remote camera frame viewing.
Remote control functions might be very useful:
1. When the android device is docked (or, located) at the places where hand controlling is limited.
2. Control the remote dashboard cam application from hard-mounted tablet devices.
3. Control the remote dashboard cam by another person who could not reach the remote device.
For more information, please check following link.
Dashboard Cam supports external bluetooth gps.
With external gps, the gps data accuracy will be improved in good rates. And it would be very useful in various situations.
1. Gps signal acquiring will be improved a lot.
2. Useful under the circumstances like forest, downtown city, or similar locations where gps signal is weak or blocked.
3. For the android devices without real gps devices or only with a-gps function, user now could enjoy all the application functions.
For more information visit following link:
Record Player with Overlay Customization
Application includes special player and viewer for the specific purposes for the application.
With player, user could view and play back recored images in animated format in full screen.
With photo + gps data records, user could view or generate map + speed overlaied recordings later on.
For the overlaied recording view, display and record settings are available for customized playback experiences.
The main advantages of the application:
- sequential video recording of defined recording time
- ability to register your GPS position, speed and date
- recording even for the last 3 files,
- background recordings,
- playback recorded material with the localization on the map,
- the widget to quickly start recording,
- warnings about finishing space on the memory card and low battery.
-Current Address - to launch with Google Maps
-Customizable Shortcut Launcher
-Find My Car feature saves exact location for later use
-Registers as "Default" app for Official Car Docks
-Fullscreen Option to hide the status bar
-Handsfree Option to force speakerphone for calls
-*NEW*: 270° Orientation (Reverse Landscape)
-*NEW*: App closes when removed from Car Dock
-Choose US Customary or Metric in settings menu
-Remember GPS requires a view of the sky
-Press + signs to add shortcuts
-Long press shortcuts to reset them
-Press 'x' button to exit 'car mode' while docked
-Saving for 'Find My Car' feature works better when GPS is warmed up
I recommend using this app with an official car dock if possible. The official docks register with the phone and auto prompt the app. Also, GPS drains battery quickly if unplugged.
- FC Bug fix
Car info system showing current speed and driving statistics in simple user interface. Features speedometer, compass, color schemes and HUD mode. See website for more!
- Move To SD enabled (Android 2.2+)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with bugs/comments/features
Ever wanted a heads up display of your speed?
Hud Speed is a GPS Speedometer.
* High-accuracy GPS-based speedometer that shows the real speed of your car in mph, km/h or knots.
And for each speed unit you can define an individual gauge range.
* HUD mode.
MPH mode availble soon!
Just place the device on the dashboard, tap the screen and the app will switch into HUD mode projecting to the windshield.
Following data is shown:
The app can be fully customized to fit your needs:
-Select the displayed information
-Select colors, text sizes
-Many other settings
Have fun :)
* Choose a build-in splashscreen, or image from gallery
* Start Google Navigation, Call History, Contacts, Google Now, any installed application or a pre-scheduled trip
* Trips to home, work and an extra address will start automatically when defined day and time match
* Fullscreen SMS message view in lcd dashboard color
Custom Application tips:
* Car Phone home on HTC devices: Custom Application;
* Dashcam on HTC devices: Custom Application;
* Traffic information (Dutch ANWB): Custom Application;
appname: Verkeer (ANWB Verkeer app available on Google Play)
* FlitsMeister: Custom Application;
Car Kit Start is designed for the Seat Ibiza ST and tested on Ford Fiësta.
- High accuracy. The speed calculated based on GPS data is more accurate than the one displayed by your car's speedometer
- It supports both imperial and metric units
- It can record your path, speed, distance, and elevation and save them in a KML file (for Google Earth) - just press "Menu", select "Settings" and "Record track".
- It can work in the background, so it can record your movement and speed even while you're talking on the phone. This means that if you really want to exit the application, you have to press "Menu" and select "Exit".
It requires the following permissions:
- WAKE_LOCK in order to prevent the screen from turning off
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (GPS based location) for reading GPS data
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in order to save the KML file
- INTERNET in order to display ads
Please note that while I've tested the application on several Android devices, there are way to many different Android devices to guarantee that it will work just fine on all of them, so if you encounter a problem with the application, just drop me an email with your phone model and a short description of your problem; I will do my best to fix it ASAP.
KW: SPEEDOMETER, GPS SPEED, DASHBOARD
Car Dock/Car Dashboard App that will allow you to take full advantage of your phone while safely driving.
Road Sidekick is loaded with awesome features that will keep up with your busy lifestyle. Designed for the dynamic person who likes optimal usage of their smart phone while driving.
Lite Version Features:
* Quick one touch access to Phone, SMS, Music, Navigation, Email, Volume and Screen brightness.
* Modern design interface to give you a futuristic look and feel.
* Day and Night themes to blend in with your driving experience.
* Direct access to up to six of your favorite apps right on the main screen.
* Up to 8 programmable app shortcuts.
* 9 Built-in Voice commands for core functionality to optimize and reduce manual interaction with the device and focus more on the road.
NOTE: If you install this app on a WiFi only device you MUST tether this device to a hotspot in order to use GPS navigation, email, voice commands or any other app that will require internet access.
You are responsible for any charges that the use of a hotspot service may incur.
CANdroid connects to your car via a cheap bluetooth OBD2 ELM 327 compatible dongle and can display such readouts as:
* Rev counter
* Battery voltages
* Instantaneous MPG
* Coolant/intake temperatures
and so on!
The OBD input builder allows you to program your own requests using, for example, manufacturer specific OBDII PIDs. It is fully capable of displaying gauges specific to the Toyota Prius HSD for example.
CANdroid will, if requested, log any data returned by your car and can show you charts of your car's statistics during a session, and overlay those with previous drives, or other data.
You can also view any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) you car has registered, aiding you in troubleshooting problems with your vehicle.
There is extensive customization available. Advanced users can create their own dials and gauages using their own bitmaps.
Please note that this app is still in testing. There may be some unexpected behaviour/crashing!
- Free of charge, no Ads
- Simple and user-friendly UI
- Recording retains in background, for example during a voice call
- Portrait and landscape orientation
- Time/date/GPS watermark stamps
- Possibility to overwrite trips cyclically
- Save important tracks on SD
- Adjustable video quality and resolution
- Map with GPS tracks
- Automatic stop detection
Should you have any feedback or suggestions please contact us!
Key words: video recorder, video registrar, vehicle blackbox, car blackbox, dash cam, DVR, traffic recorder, travel recorder, video event recorder, traffic accident, road incident, road trip, car mount, in-car camera system.
Route Corder uses a low-resolution video so it consumes less battery energy. The app build video frame by frame so you wouldn't have any more problems with video settings adjustment while you drive over night.
In Trial version your recordings durations may be only 10 seconds.
After taking some recordings RouteCorder enables you editing, exporting and sharing videos with your friends. The application have similar features as: DailyRoads Voyager , Video Road , VideoReg , Road Recorder , AutoKam , Route Recorder , Car Camera .
More from developer
A first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro.
A plug-in for the Torque application. Shows the shifting points in 4 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color
Select how your lights are drawn among more than dozen ways!
Before using, open the menu and select 'Shift RPM' option. This will open a dialog where you can enter an RPM value at which the app will use visual cues to inform you that you should shift.
If you'd like to show your support and get a few more features, please consider the Shift Lights Pro with more features and datalogging - for $0.99 only :)
Thanks to people for rating. If you want to make a UI suggestion, please send me an email (email@example.com) with the details, as it's pretty hard to figure out what you'd like from a short comment. Also, the Pro version has more UI options (in addition to other cool things) - maybe you will like the Wave mode :)
Turn your Android device into a Shift Lights device! You *MUST*have the Torque Pro installed!
Like the Shift Lights plugin for Torque, this live wallpaper will show you the shift points as you drive your vehicle.
Double-tap your screen to bring up the preferences. Options include four different ways to display the lights (LEDs, Bars, Entire Screen, Sudden Flash), option to show RPMs and Debug mode (for when you are not connected to your ECU).
WARNING!!! Pay attention to the road! To be used on a track only!
Enter the Shift Lights Pro. The first and only shift lights tool for Android!
The tool that can save you a lot of money - for only $0.99 you are getting what others sell for hundreds of $$!
The first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro. Shows the shifting points in 5 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen, wave and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color - red or green!
Select how your lights are drawn!
More than a dozen total combinations!
Version 2.4 adds a new experimental feature - video recording. Please test and report your findings. Due to the nature of the beast, I can test only on a limited number of devices. Feature is enabled via preferences. High resolution requires a *lot* of CPU and battery. Your RPM updates may slow down in that mode - adjust the shift RPM accordingly.
Recording is started at the same time other data collection starts - when you tap the screen. Second tap stops it.
Version 2.5 adds export in RaceRender format! Create complete record of your on-track experiences using your device - both video and data!
Version 2.0 adds a slew of new features.
1. Options to display Current Gear mode (auto-learn or manual learn mode). Current gear can be configured to be spoken by the phone. Manual learning mode will provide the most reliable gear detection. Especially for automatics :) The learned gears will be saved in a current Vehicle Profile in Torque and loaded up subsequently.
2. Automatic lap detection with export to Google Earth.The files are stored on the SD card and can be downloaded to a PC/Mac via usb cable. The root folder is ShiftLights. Inside that folder, each recorded session is stored in a separate folder that's named based on the date and time when it was created – for easy sorting. Data in the file includes upshift points, drive line and calculated laps – you need to drive in circles for laps to be detected.
3. Home Screen Widget. Not all possible display modes are supported due to technical limitaions. Widget is quite taxing on the CPU/battery of your phone. Use with care! To configure options, tap on the 'ShiftLights Pro' title. Again, what can be controlled are voice/sound option, 'Show RPM', color order (red or green first) and display mode of 'full screen' and 'sudden flash'. The widget uses the same configuration data as the Torque plug-in itself, including the shift point RPM. Shift point can be configured from the plug-in menu itself, not the Widget.
4. Portrait or landscape orientation. Now the plug-in can work in either landscape or portrait orientation.
5. Shift sound has been changed to a beep (similar to Clio)
6. Ability to move the app to the SD card.
7. Option to display current throttle position.
8. Select the color of the text
Enable a beep to sound at the shift point!
Use 'debug' mode to fine tune your shifting point timing.
Control brightness of your display - helpful on those sunny days on a track!
Data logging! Use simple screen touch to start and stop data logging for later analysis. Data is collected as a histogram of RPM values. Bucket size is 10. Number of buckets depends on entered shift RPM value.
Here is a sample (first row is headers, second is data) :
<80th percentile> , etc
00:00:26 Bucket size=10 3 810 15 15 15 15 15 15
Known issues with the Home Screen Widget:
When moved to SD, the Home Screen Widget will be unavailable (Android limitation).
When you have the Widget running and launch, then exit Torque, the widget may disappear. Just add it again. ;)
The app is not loaded with difficult to understand and use options that distract from driving - just click a button to start and stop recordings.
The app allows to record a Google Earth data file tracing the driving route.
The recording length can be set in increments of 5 minutes up to one hour - recording will stop automatically. A length of zero means no auto stopping.
Video quality can be selected between three settings. Actual video dimensions will depend on your particular device.
Access configuration options via standard Android menu button.
The data files are stored on your SD card in the folder named DashRecorder.
Get the files by connecting your phone via USB cable to your computer (or via HDMI to your TV).
App records in both portrait and landscape (landscape recommended). Device is prevented from sleeping while recording.
The best app to play the videos back is QuickTime player. Windows Media Player doesn't handle orientation settings properly and the videos may appear rotated.
VLC can be used, but may need to have the rotation settings configured.
The app has ads - a paid version with more features is in the works for those who would like to support future development :)
Please, drive carefully and pay attention to the road!
A double tap on the screen will display the image description and copyright information.
A triple tap opens a dialog with the explanation
Swipe your screen and see the 'parallax' movement of your image.
INSTRUCTIONS!!! It is better to have a beefier device, as APOD images can be HUGE and require a lot of memory.
1. Once installed, press and hold on a clear area of a home screen.
2. When the menu appears, select 'Wallpapers'
3. Next select 'Live wallpapers'
4. Then select APOD wallpaper
5. Click on 'Set wallpaper'
7. 24 hours from that point a new image will be downloaded
Very simple UI with one toggle button to turn the camera LED on your phone on and off.
I personally use this app when walking my dog in the dark - that was my inspiration. :)
*WARNING* May not work on all phones (Droid in particular).
Should work on HTC phones, i.e. Nexus One and Samsung (Infuse).