The app automatically launches when placed in a car dock (that has a magnet or similar).
* Speed Alerts (fully customizable by speed, colors, flashing, and sounds)
* Current location
* Current street (Pro version)
* Current temperature
* Current altitude
* Max speed
* US and Metric units/speed alerts: knots, km/h or mph, Fahrenheit or Celsius, meters or feet
* Custom text colors
* 20 customizable shortcuts - launch favorite applications, directly dial important numbers, navigate to common locations, and more!
Avoid getting a speeding ticket by keeping track and being alerted of your speed accurately via GPS!
This version removes advertisements! It will also display your current street.
* Read Contact Data and Call Phone permissions are for creating/using shortcuts.
French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Slovak, Romanian and Swedish localizations supported
Help translate the app into your language: http://crowdin.net/project/car-dashboard/invite/
★ FEATURED, TECHSPLURGE: Awesome Augmented Reality Apps! ★
Highly rated in-car dashboard - WHOLE IN-CAR SOLUTION, including comprehensive journey information, hands-free telephony, informative spoken announcements, video recording of journey, and control of music playback!
With camera thru-view (augmented reality), useful speed and driving statistics, email journey log, and MUCH more!
Improve driving technique, save fuel, and the environment!
★ Portrait and Landscape mode supported.
★ GPS-based compass option.
★ Journey Vlog (video / commentate on your journey!)
★ Video record the road ahead during your trip.
★ Auto-answer calls on speaker (hands-free).
★ Music/MP3 player shuttle controls.
★ Selective answering of known callers.
★ Live speed graphs (whole journey, recent).
★ Spoken announcement of incoming callers and messages.
★ Support for higher-accuracy external Bluetooth GPS units.
★ Cool new transparent-glass dial styles (cool blue, plasma, honeycomb, charcoal).
★ Augmented Reality (superimposed on camera view), or Leather style dash.
★ LCD-style dials in ice-blue.
★ Choice of transparent dial colours.
★ Flick between a variety of useful dashboards.
★ Speedometer, plus SPOKEN speed.
★ Maximum and average speed.
★ G-forces (G's).
★ Background mode (alongside Google Navigate, CoPilot or other Sat-nav).
★ ECO lights: Try to improve MPG's or emissions.
★ Trip email (corporate or performance).
★ Distance covered (miles/km).
★ Journey duration.
★ Digital Compass.
★ Analogue/digital clocks and stopwatch.
★ Forward camera view.
★ Acceleration, braking, cornering statistics.
FIND OUR ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS PAGE AT:
- sequential video recording of defined recording time
- ability to register your GPS position, speed and date
- recording even for the last 3 files per session,
- background recordings
- deleting records from the application
- playback recorded material with the localization on the map,
- the widget to quickly start recording,
- warnings about finishing space on the memory card and low battery.
- collision-free operation with any navigation
- in preparation.....
- support German and Russian
The application does not support the CyanogenMod. If the recording in this mod does not work, it is the fault of the system, not the application.
Remember to turn off task killer (if You have) or add Road Recorder to the list of exceptions
Keywords: black box, car camera, DVR, traffic recorder, recording travel, event recording on the road, VER, VEDR, photos, time lapse photography, accident, insurance, embezzlement, events, traffic, road incident, hike, g-force, accelerometer, GPS, car holder
What car video recorder AutoKam has in its current version?
- Recording in four qualities
- Media player with data gathered while recording (speed, location, time, date)
- Automatically delete old data in the event of lack of space on the memory card
- Split recordings into a 5 minute fragments
- Information about the street you are on (alongside with latitude i longitude)
- The current speed at which you travel
- Automatic start of recording
- Possibility to lock recordings (won't be automatically deleted)
- No ads
- Collision detection system
- Sudden braking detection system
- Positioning of the phone/tablet relative to the street
AutoKam helps everyone for whom frequent car trips are a must. With this application you can record traffic violations that can help you, if any accident will happen on the road.
Any comments or suggestions regarding the application should be addressed to: email@example.com or our Facebook page.
IMPORTANT! User is responsible for performing tests before use of the application on the road. There are many different hardware vendors alongside with android versions and application may not work correctly on all devices (most of all, check if videos are being recorded correctly when application is in the background). If You will find out any error, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with error description and device information on which AutoKam was running.
WARNING! If You're using CyanogenMod or other modification and You have a black preview screen, it has nothing to do with AutoKam app. That's an issue with the system You have installed and We can't avoid it.
Use your phone safely while driving !
“This app gives you a simpler (safer) menu for apps you need while you drive. It also gives you text to speech to hear and answer messages.”
IBM Software Group - Vice President Rational Continuous Engineering Solutions
Ultimate Car Dock Features:
• Incoming text messages read out to you.
• Reply to texts by voice only. No need to touch or look at your phone
• Answer phone calls by voice
• Send texts by voice
• Call anyone by voice
• Start navigation by voice
• Start and stop music by voice
• 5 car dashboard screens holds 30 shortcuts
• Sleep mode for power saving and ease of this Car Home App use
• Speedometer Option
• Free online back for apps data and settings
• Test Drive the app Free for 7 days
Ultimate Car Dock is a Car Dashboard, Car Home replacement app, with voice control, and speedometer. Try it now free for 7 days.
Set your preferences in this dashboard app before you start driving, familiarize yourself with the voice control, and add your favorite shortcuts to the car home app, then simply take it out for a spin !
Receiving Calls and Text :
When Ultimate Car Dock is running, incoming calls are announced. You simply respond vocally when prompted to either answer, or reject the call. Your phone automatically goes into speaker mode when calls are answered. You can reject a call, and respond vocally with a text message.
Incoming sms text messages are read out loud to you. You can reply by voice, no need to touch, or look at your phone.
Initiating Calls, Text, and other applications:
There is a power saving sleep mode, just touch the screen anywhere to give a voice command, for example “Send Text to Jane” ... “Call Jane” .. “Navigate to Seattle.”
Sending sms text messages by voice is easy, just say “text contact” the app will ask you to speak your message, and give you the option to verify the text before sending.
Call anyone, just say “call ” and name of your contact, the call is placed, and the sound is automatically set to loud speaker.
UCD is full of many user settings and customizations. There are options to have the app auto start when you connect to a specific Bluetooth device, as in your car’s own dashboard system, or start when connected to a USB powered car dock / holder.
There are power saving options like turning off WIFI when the app starts, and turning it back on again when the app exits. Bluetooth can also be turned on when the app starts, and turned off when the app exits.
You can have UCD running in the background by setting compatibility apps, choose apps that you want running in the foreground while UCD will handles your texts and calls.
There is a help section built into the car home app, but if you need any assistance or have any problems then please email us, we will do our level best to help.
Some 3rd party SMS apps can block any other app from receiving text messages ! If you are having any issues with this just drop us an email (email@example.com) and we will assist you.
SMS permissions: Needed to receive text messages, read the messages out loud, and allow you to respond via voice.
Read Contacts: Needed when a call, or text comes in to check to see if the number is in your contacts, the app then reads out the contact name instead of the number.
Phone permissions: Needed to receive calls when the app is running, and to make calls via voice from the app.
Audio permissions: Needed for text to speech, and voice recognition.
Internet permissions: Needed for voice recognition in pre jelly bean versions of android.
Bluetooth permissions: Needed for the settings, if you would like the app to start, and stop bluetooth.
WIFI permissions: Optional, Needed if you use the settings screen to have UCD start/stop WIFI when the app exits/starts.
Connect with us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Appsontoast-UCD/posts
- High accuracy. The speed calculated based on GPS data is more accurate than the one displayed by your car's speedometer
- It supports both imperial and metric units
- It can record your path, speed, distance, and elevation and save them in a KML file (for Google Earth) - just press "Menu", select "Settings" and "Record track".
- It can work in the background, so it can record your movement and speed even while you're talking on the phone. This means that if you really want to exit the application, you have to press "Menu" and select "Exit".
It requires the following permissions:
- WAKE_LOCK in order to prevent the screen from turning off
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (GPS based location) for reading GPS data
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in order to save the KML file
- INTERNET in order to display ads
Please note that while I've tested the application on several Android devices, there are way to many different Android devices to guarantee that it will work just fine on all of them, so if you encounter a problem with the application, just drop me an email with your phone model and a short description of your problem; I will do my best to fix it ASAP.
KW: SPEEDOMETER, GPS SPEED, DASHBOARD
The Dashboard Symbols App is for the majority of drivers who sometimes need to translate the Automotive Hieroglyphics inhabiting your instrument panel. This is your ‘Rosetta Stone’!
Drivers are besieged by an ever growing number of advanced features and an ever growing number of warning lights and tell tales used to describe them. Warning lights that can pop on seemingly at random with the potential to panic even the most seasoned of drivers.
At DashboardSymbols.com our goal is to give drivers the tools they need to quickly and easily understand what it is they see -- to help them understand the language their vehicle is speaking.
With the App, which holds 95 commonly encountered warning and indicator lights, you will finally have at your fingertips the information you need when a new light pops up on your instrument panel. The description will tell you what the Symbol means and whether you can continue on safely or need help immediately.
-- Do you know what all those warning lights mean?
-- Does your spouse? Do your children?
Dashboard Symbols is our first tool for drivers. You may not know where your owner’s manual is, or where to look in it, but you always know where your phone is. For your piece of mind, put this App on your phone today!
The App includes:
-- up to 55 Picture Symbols and their descriptions
-- another 40 Text Symbols and their descriptions.
The App also includes:
-- a full list of Roadside Assistance numbers that can be dialed directly from the App, and
-- a complete list of Automotive Acronyms.
Coupled with the first edition, over 10,000 downloads! You will never wonder what one of those little symbols means ever again!
More from developer
A first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro.
A plug-in for the Torque application. Shows the shifting points in 4 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color
Select how your lights are drawn among more than dozen ways!
Before using, open the menu and select 'Shift RPM' option. This will open a dialog where you can enter an RPM value at which the app will use visual cues to inform you that you should shift.
If you'd like to show your support and get a few more features, please consider the Shift Lights Pro with more features and datalogging - for $0.99 only :)
Thanks to people for rating. If you want to make a UI suggestion, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details, as it's pretty hard to figure out what you'd like from a short comment. Also, the Pro version has more UI options (in addition to other cool things) - maybe you will like the Wave mode :)
Turn your Android device into a Shift Lights device! You *MUST*have the Torque Pro installed!
Like the Shift Lights plugin for Torque, this live wallpaper will show you the shift points as you drive your vehicle.
Double-tap your screen to bring up the preferences. Options include four different ways to display the lights (LEDs, Bars, Entire Screen, Sudden Flash), option to show RPMs and Debug mode (for when you are not connected to your ECU).
WARNING!!! Pay attention to the road! To be used on a track only!
Enter the Shift Lights Pro. The first and only shift lights tool for Android!
The tool that can save you a lot of money - for only $0.99 you are getting what others sell for hundreds of $$!
The first 3rd party plug-in for the amazing Torque Pro. Shows the shifting points in 5 different ways - LEDs, bars, entire screen, wave and a sudden flash.
Select your shift point color - red or green!
Select how your lights are drawn!
More than a dozen total combinations!
Version 2.4 adds a new experimental feature - video recording. Please test and report your findings. Due to the nature of the beast, I can test only on a limited number of devices. Feature is enabled via preferences. High resolution requires a *lot* of CPU and battery. Your RPM updates may slow down in that mode - adjust the shift RPM accordingly.
Recording is started at the same time other data collection starts - when you tap the screen. Second tap stops it.
Version 2.5 adds export in RaceRender format! Create complete record of your on-track experiences using your device - both video and data!
Version 2.0 adds a slew of new features.
1. Options to display Current Gear mode (auto-learn or manual learn mode). Current gear can be configured to be spoken by the phone. Manual learning mode will provide the most reliable gear detection. Especially for automatics :) The learned gears will be saved in a current Vehicle Profile in Torque and loaded up subsequently.
2. Automatic lap detection with export to Google Earth.The files are stored on the SD card and can be downloaded to a PC/Mac via usb cable. The root folder is ShiftLights. Inside that folder, each recorded session is stored in a separate folder that's named based on the date and time when it was created – for easy sorting. Data in the file includes upshift points, drive line and calculated laps – you need to drive in circles for laps to be detected.
3. Home Screen Widget. Not all possible display modes are supported due to technical limitaions. Widget is quite taxing on the CPU/battery of your phone. Use with care! To configure options, tap on the 'ShiftLights Pro' title. Again, what can be controlled are voice/sound option, 'Show RPM', color order (red or green first) and display mode of 'full screen' and 'sudden flash'. The widget uses the same configuration data as the Torque plug-in itself, including the shift point RPM. Shift point can be configured from the plug-in menu itself, not the Widget.
4. Portrait or landscape orientation. Now the plug-in can work in either landscape or portrait orientation.
5. Shift sound has been changed to a beep (similar to Clio)
6. Ability to move the app to the SD card.
7. Option to display current throttle position.
8. Select the color of the text
Enable a beep to sound at the shift point!
Use 'debug' mode to fine tune your shifting point timing.
Control brightness of your display - helpful on those sunny days on a track!
Data logging! Use simple screen touch to start and stop data logging for later analysis. Data is collected as a histogram of RPM values. Bucket size is 10. Number of buckets depends on entered shift RPM value.
Here is a sample (first row is headers, second is data) :
<80th percentile> , etc
00:00:26 Bucket size=10 3 810 15 15 15 15 15 15
Known issues with the Home Screen Widget:
When moved to SD, the Home Screen Widget will be unavailable (Android limitation).
When you have the Widget running and launch, then exit Torque, the widget may disappear. Just add it again. ;)
The app is not loaded with difficult to understand and use options that distract from driving - just click a button to start and stop recordings.
The app allows to record a Google Earth data file tracing the driving route.
The recording length can be set in increments of 5 minutes up to one hour - recording will stop automatically. A length of zero means no auto stopping.
Video quality can be selected between three settings. Actual video dimensions will depend on your particular device.
Access configuration options via standard Android menu button.
The data files are stored on your SD card in the folder named DashRecorder.
Get the files by connecting your phone via USB cable to your computer (or via HDMI to your TV).
App records in both portrait and landscape (landscape recommended). Device is prevented from sleeping while recording.
The best app to play the videos back is QuickTime player. Windows Media Player doesn't handle orientation settings properly and the videos may appear rotated.
VLC can be used, but may need to have the rotation settings configured.
The app has ads - a paid version with more features is in the works for those who would like to support future development :)
Please, drive carefully and pay attention to the road!
A double tap on the screen will display the image description and copyright information.
A triple tap opens a dialog with the explanation
Swipe your screen and see the 'parallax' movement of your image.
INSTRUCTIONS!!! It is better to have a beefier device, as APOD images can be HUGE and require a lot of memory.
1. Once installed, press and hold on a clear area of a home screen.
2. When the menu appears, select 'Wallpapers'
3. Next select 'Live wallpapers'
4. Then select APOD wallpaper
5. Click on 'Set wallpaper'
7. 24 hours from that point a new image will be downloaded
Very simple UI with one toggle button to turn the camera LED on your phone on and off.
I personally use this app when walking my dog in the dark - that was my inspiration. :)
*WARNING* May not work on all phones (Droid in particular).
Should work on HTC phones, i.e. Nexus One and Samsung (Infuse).