These range from the earliest pioneers to the massive passenger jets of the modern age, representing the diversity of aircraft in use throughout the world for tourism and commerce. These include famous passenger planes such as the Concorde, Boeing 737 and 747, as well as the Learjet, Tiger Moth and Jetstream.
Each aircraft featured is illustrated by a full-colour side-profile artwork, and accompanied by a detailed specifications table. All measurements are given in imperial and metric measures. In addition there is accompanying text for each aircraft that summarizes their development and service history.
★ 300 civil aircrafts, each one illustrated by a full-colour artwork
★ Full dimensions, weights, performance and armaments provided for each aircraft, all measurements in imperial and metric
★ Each aircraft’s development history and career described in full
★ Quick search functions
★ Favorites section
★ All data stored offline on your device's SD card. Internet connection only required for the first database download (ca. 30MB) or for database updating.
Robert Jackson is a former pilot and navigation instructor. As a writer in military, naval and aviation affairs, he has more than 80 books to his name, including Suez: the Forgotten Invasion, The Royal Navy in World War II and Strike From the Sea: A History of British Naval Air Power.
* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ® dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
- More than 100 brands of cars with full description and history of the creation,
- More than 1500 models of cars with the description,
- Over 17,000 modifications brands, with full technical data,
- More than 60000 pictures of cars.
This automobile encyclopedia will be enjoyed by all, regardless of whether you are a motorist or a professional, you are sure to find for yourself something new.
In reference every week adding new brands of cars, their characteristics and photo machines.
NOTE: To view the range of brands, please click on the brand you are interested in. For a description of the make, model, generation, modification to the right is an icon, clicking on which will appear from the description.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
- Capital with latitude and longitude coordinates
- National anthem with year of acceptance and writer
- Important national dates
- Calling code
- Government Type
- ISO 3166 Code
- Other information like national animal, bird, sport, emblem, airline, poets, dishes, liquors, internet tld, etc.
Test your knowledge with the most addictive quiz on country flags and capitals. What's more - share the test score among your friends!
With Countrypedia, one can locate the country capital on Google Maps as well.
One can search a country based on capital, currency, area (including area rank in the world), denonym, calling code, timezone, language, continent; and vice-versa.
It provides filtering on any of the above criteria.
In short, Countrypedia is the most handy application for all the basic and some advanced information of a country. If you do like it, we request you to please share it among your friends and colleagues using the share icon.
The app has a nice search feature to search by either the common name or the scientific name of the animal.
Currently the app contains more than 400 Animals. We will be constantly updating the app with more and more animals.
FUNDAMENTALS for BEGINNERS. REINFORCEMENT for EXPERTS.
LEARN THE "CORRECT" LINGO AND TECH TERMS - TALK LIKE A PRO
EVERY IT CONCEPT BOILS DOWN TO SIMPLE BASICS, which are the underlying foundation in every CDE definition.
* Instant search of more than 25,000 definitions about computers and consumer electronics. Zoom into noteworthy illustrations, photos, charts and diagrams.
* Micro to mainframe: covers PCs, Macs, Unix, Linux, Internet, networking, broadband & telecom, fiber optics & lasers, major products and vendors, wireless & smartphones, acronyms, buzzwords, current topics, etc.
* Informative historical content and major product descriptions.
* Superior cross referencing and a powerful lookup engine.
Find out why PC Magazine gave us their highest dictionary award and Government Technology said we're the "Rolls Royce of Computer Dictionaries."
This free version comes with the top 2 million english wikipedia articles (about half the total number). Needs 3.6 GB space on your device to install.
Search and browse through the content of all articles even when you are offline. Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones searches the entire contents of all articles as you type.
• Highly compressed database
• Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones
• Search everything - search for articles by content not just titles
• Instant search - search results update as you type your query
• Optimized search ranking to help you locate the right article
• History and Bookmarks
• Search within article
• Font size adjustment
The best offline Wikipedia app on Android!
What’s a Text Synchronized Audio? An audio file that is synced to a page view or scrolling text on a display screen.
AudioWiki hand picked top rated Wikipedia articles and combine with the most powerful multimedia playback controls & functions to promote the joy of reading and the love of learning!
Using our human voice to text synchroization technology, everybody can hear and see the full range of an article content provided in a logical, clear, and understandable manner.
Read or listen to your favorite Wikipedia article while improve your reading/language skills!
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
- 95,267 articles.
- History of queries sorted by time and frequency.
- Search for word from the clipboard when the program starts.
The Handbook of aircraft of WWII includes all the aircraft used by those countries which were at war during WWII from the period between their joining the conflict and the conflict ending for them.
A bomber is a military aircraft designed to attack ground and sea targets, by dropping bombs on them, firing torpedoes at them, or – in recent years – by launching cruise missiles at them.
With engine power as a major limitation, combined with the desire for accuracy and other operational factors, bomber designs tended to be tailored to specific roles. By the start of the war this included:
dive - specially strengthened for vertical diving attacks for greater accuracy.
light, medium and heavy - subjective definitions based on size.
torpedo - specialized aircraft armed with torpedoes.
ground attack aircraft - used against targets on a battlefield such as troop or tank concentrations. A further specialized form was the anti-tank aircraft.
night - specially equipped to operate at night when opposing defences are limited.
maritime patrol - long range bombers that were used against enemy shipping, particularly submarines.
Bombers are not intended to attack other aircraft although most were fitted with defensive weapons. WWII saw the beginning of the widespread use of high speed bombers which dispensed with defensive weapons to be able to attain higher speed, such as with the de Havilland Mosquito..
Some smaller designs have been used as the basis for night fighters, and a number of fighters, such as the Hawker Hurricane were used as ground attack aircraft, replacing earlier conventional light bombers that proved unable to defend themselves while carrying a useful bombload.
Blohm & Voss BV 142
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
Focke-Wulf Fw 200
Heinkel He 177
Breda Ba.88 Lince
A-18 Shrike II
Douglas B-18 Bolo
Heinkel He 111
Junkers Ju 86
Junkers Ju 88
Junkers Ju 188
North American B-25 Mitchell
Five Star review ***** Recommended
★ Photo I.D. section to identify aircraft. Click on photos to see extensive aircraft details - Enables easy PlaneSpotting
★ NEW: ability to email aircraft details and photos.
★ Specifications include, Cruise speed - Capacity - Range - payload.
★ Includes aircraft career and full service history
★ All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
★ A to Z listings include all popular types as well as older historic aircraft.
★ A very valuable guide for Pilots and Aviation enthusiasts. More Aircraft are added with updates.
Author: Dermot Daly is an aviation enthusiast who first flew solo at 16 and has been a fan ever since.