• Open the app,
• Click Enable Ad Skipper,
• A confirmation modal will appear. Click OK.
• In the Accessibility screen, find the option Ad Skipper and activate it.
• A security message will appear. Read it and click Allow.
• That's it. You can now watch your videos without hearing ads, and auto-skipping them when available.
ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS (VIDEO)
This video was recorded from a Poco X3 smartphone. Your device may have a slightly different way to activate Accessibility services, depending on the device model and Android version.
If you notice the app has suddenly stopped working, try disabling the battery optimization for Ad Skipper app in Configuration Settings of Android System, and open the Ad Skipper again to reactivate the accessibility service.
If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app, and configure it again. Sorry for the inconvenience, I couldn't yet find a reliable method to restart the app in background when Android randomly kills it.
Open-source, 100% free Android App that skips Video Ads (does NOT block them).
Never worry about clicking "Skip Button" to skip annoying ads again! This app does it for you :)
Ad Skipper does three things when you are watching your videos on YouTube:
- Waits for Video Ads to appear;
- When Video Ad appears, it mutes the media volume;
- If the ad has the "Skip Ad" option after 5 seconds, the app clicks the "Skip Ad" button as soon as it appears and unmutes the media volume.
Ad Skipper acts as an Accessibility Service, so after installing it, you need to open the app and enable it manually, as Accessibility services have elevated permissions on your device and can read and interact with all the device's screen.
However, Ad Skipper only acts on the video app's screen. Feel free to check the source code at https://github.com/alfeugds/adskipper