Adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows.
You don't need brightness widgets any more.
Just install, setup and adjust brightness by touching screen.
Don't forget: long (more than 5 sec) click or double fingers click to indicator bar will turn system depended autobrightness.
Intent for Tasker (or another similar application):
Type - Broadcast receiver
Name - "rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness.SetBrightness"
Integer extra parameter "BrightnessLevel" means which brightness level (from 1 to 100%) to set
Free version shows Ads in the Settings, Pro version does not show.
1. open the app
2. select brightness mode
☼ lowest brightness (0%)
☼ half brightness (50%)
☼ highest brightness (100%)
☼ automatic setting using the light-sensor
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
This app equips with one touch setting function, in addition, 1% increments and easy setting! So easy!
As long as setting the interface tool, you can check the current brightness and adjust freely♪
※ AUTO function is only available on the phones with this feature. The brightness of smartphones without the AUTO function is fixed at 50%.
(1) Screen brightness adjustment.
(2) Add a filter on the screen (you can adjust the brightness even lower)
Of course, you can also set [Automatic brightness] plus matte, so you can automatically adjust depending on the system, and darker.
Keywords: brightness adjustment, brightness, adjust, filter, mask, screen,bluelight, night, simple, glare, light,eye
We are equipped with a filter function, you can dim the screen beyond the brightness of the display.
✓ Image filter function.
The effect of filter software, you can dim the screen beyond the minimum luminance of the display. Please use it if you feel bright and a display by the scene, for example, if you want to prevent prying eyes from the surroundings. With just a touch of a seek bar, which is also features that you can adjust the intensity of image effects filters and seamlessly adjust the brightness of the standard.
Due to limitations in the state of security in terms of Android OS, image filter is applied should be noted that you can not install app "unknown sources" that you downloaded from non-Google Play Store. After turning off the feature image filter once, please try the installation.
✓ Registration icon to the notification area.
You can register the app launch icon in the notification area. If you want to register, please select the [Menu] - [Notifications].
While applying image filters, is also intended to prevent the cancellation filter with Android OS, we recommend that you set should be noted that this function is turned on.
✓ Automatic brightness adjustment.
A device that supports a standard "switch enable/disable" In automatic adjustment brightness of illumination sensor, can be performed on this application to check the brightness after the change and setting on/off of automatic adjustment.
(With respect to the model that can not be disabled, switched on/off but this can not be done from the app, such as Xperia(TM) acro HD, supports automatic adjustment)
✓ Off function key illumination.
In the device part of the Android 2.2 or later, the on/off key lighting is possible. If you feel dazzling lighting key, please try appear in the [Menu] - [Key backlights].
Device that has this capability is limited in some models, depending on the situation the device support may change does not appear.
(It has been confirmed that there is an effect on Xperia(TM) arc, Xperia(TM) acro)
✓ Changing the display color temperature.
If you feel that the color temperature of the display is low (that yellowish), [Menu] - [Color temperature]. By applying a transmission filter blue, growing effect as if the color temperature of the display can be obtained.
✓ Adjust using the motion sensor.
Darken the display, you can adjust the bright and tilt tilt to the left and to the right device. Brightness adjustment is possible without hides by hand by this display.
✓ View wallpaper background.
By the transmissive display the adjustment screen background wallpaper, are easy to grab the image after brightness adjustment. Do you want to change the text color by clicking on a string "Options" but you may see the characters difficult to read, if you are using, please use the change to a gray-scale image by touching the background wallpaper base white .
(Switching to a grayscale image, please use after activate the function at [Menu] - [Background change] in advance)
✓ Value display brightness.
So that the display brightness adjustment as a result, a number of API level that you want to set the system. It is easy to set the brightness of the next favorite for this purpose. It also automatically get the lower limit value different for each model.
By touching the numeric portion that is displayed, it is also possible to directly enter the numerical keypad again.
The picture which Ozturk made is used for the icon of this application.
Copyright (C) 2012 K.Shimokura All Rights Reserved.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
Brightness Level Disc has two sizes: 1x1 and 2x2.
Widget does not drain battery.
Revolutionary Brightness Level Disc widget fits perfect for Ice Cream Sandwich Devices with Holographic User Interface.
To add Brightness Level Disc widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->Brightness Level
Press Brightness toggle Widget to display detailed information about your smartphone's screen brightness and set brightness precisely.
PERMISSIONS are needed for writing system brightness settings and ads (app is completely free, respect work of developer and designer, do not complain about ads)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro features!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Known issues :
- When Screen Dimmer is on, you can't install apps manually or allow root access with SuperSu, please disable Screen Dimmer when doing so.
- Disabling key's backlights doesn't work on most Samsung devices.
• Tasker support:
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
"To put it simply, Lux kicks the pants off of Android’s stock brightness manager, and it’s worth every cent." - Lifehacker
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor, saving you battery power and reducing eye strain if your phone is normally too bright in dark rooms." - HowToGeek
Lux isn't your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you're in. If you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Lux is also able to adjust the screen temperature of your display automatically to make it appropriate for night usage. At sunset, you can have Lux automatically warm your display and switch to your Night profile. If you're an astronomer, you can enable astronomer mode to cut out harsh white light. If you have a root enabled phone, you may even be able to apply these enhancements at a low level with Lux's plug-in system.
Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new 'link' as a reference in future.
Give it a go! I want you to test Lux for more than the 15 minute refund period offered by Google. I understand that some devices may not have the best quality light sensor, and that you may need more time to play around with settings. If you find that Lux doesn't suit you after the 15 minutes is up, you can request a refund within a week of purchase via e-mail - no questions asked.
■ Stable, custom auto brightness with root plug-in support.
■ Use your ambient light sensor or camera(s) to read in ambient light.
■ Subzero brightness for night viewing.
■ Select between Auto, Day, Night, Car and Cinema light profiles
■ Automatic night mode. Change the colour temperature of your display for comfortable night time viewing.
■ Astronomer mode. Adds a red filter to your display to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
■ Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, filters, and linked sample editing.
■ Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode. NOTE: This is broken in Android 5.0 due to API changes beyond my control.
■ Customisable fade for backlight adjustments.
■ Tasker and Locale support
■ Battery efficient.
■ Backup to SD.
■ No ads or other nuisances.
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
Want Lux in your language? Join the translation project here:
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Used to read in luma values if camera input is selected.
DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: Required for night/astro mode.
READ PHONE STATE: Required to prevent Lux from interfering with phone controls in Android 4.1.
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS: Brightness is a system setting, as is toggling the default auto brightness.
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPS: Required to make the 'sleep list' functionality work, so Lux can disable itself when certain apps are in the foreground.
COARSE LOCATION: Required to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times.
Need assistance? Have questions? Contact me via the 'Send Feedback' button in Lux settings, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please use the power symbol in the notification to temporarily toggle Lux when using secure views, such as banking apps, VPN and accessibility settings.
Great for people who accidentally changes their volume, have small kids, don't want their phone to go off accidentally in meetings, or even have apps which modify the sound settings a lot. It works with most profiling apps: Locale & Tasker ("Locale Audio Update Notifier" plugin necessary), Timeriffic, Setting Profiles, Ring Toggle, AAM, Bedside, etc.
By setting the timeout to "instant", the locked volumes will revert instantly without prompting.
The camera permission is to prevent Volume Locker from popping up due to the shutter sound on some devices. This app doesn't take pictures, it just detects if the camera is in use.
Features: unobtrusive, auto-start, call friendly, multiple volume lock
Exclude from task killer!
Regarding the Samsung Galaxy S: If VL doesn't work or save your settings properly, it's due to the upgrade to 2.2.1 breaking the settings permissions. Reinstalling won't fix it, the only fix is resetting the device. This is a Samsung issue and not related to VL.
Ring Control Audio Guard Manager
"Quick Brightness (Free)" into the installed capacity of the least precious moments you will be saving even.
Smartphone home screen shortcut icon on your desktop by adding or very easy, if you use a simple illumination can be set up.
※ The free version includes ads.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
A small application designed to enhance user control over screen brightness. Initially it was developed to make the screen as dim as possible to save battery.
It has ascetic interface and very simple in use.
Tap "Start", adjust brightness using slider control below the buttons if needed. That is all. Application will run in background and change screen brightness according to current light sensor data and manual adjustment slider position.
Please do not try to use multiple custom brightness control applications at the same time. It leads to unpredictable behavior.
The application is open source. Source code and issue tracker are available here:
We are open to bug reports and feature requests.
Control mute, vibrate, brightness, wifi and more on/off to your schedule.
Thanks-a-go-go to: Nathaniel Bronner
*Support Timeriffic, Get Rewarded*
We love our users! Timeriffic users want new features.
Support this effort and make the new features happen.
Learn more here:
Timeriffic for Family Time.
Protect family time by setting ringer and notifications to 0% during family meals for everyone's device.
Manage mute, vibrate, brightness, wifi and airplane on/off custom to your schedule.
Timeriffic for Work Time.
Turn device on mute and vibrate automatically at 9am to avoid disturbing the big meeting.
Create your own profiles, by time and day. Simple. Easy. Timeriffic.
Timeriffic for Sleep Time.
Unmute audio @ 7am; turn off vibrate and audio at 10pm for sweet dreams. Locale and Tasker alternative.
A good night'sleep for everyone.
Timeriffic is Relative.
Increase battery life by setting screen brightness to reduce at 5pm for the night.
Turn off wi-fi when not needed and save battery.
Android User Review - http://bit.ly/1rEfp5E
Creative Tools Review – http://bit.ly/1ueKYFQ
Nero Help – Useful Free Android App – Timeriffic – http://bit.ly/1tthzas
Brimsham Green School – App of the Week – http://bit.ly/1ttTmAX
Consumer Reports Tech Editor – “My favorite app for Android is Timeriffic.” http://bit.ly/16uQJov (video)
Google Russia - Top 3 Apps - http://bit.ly/1aVVnPa
Big Purple Hat – It’s Timeriffic
Top Apps FAQ Review
Android PIT – Tip of the Week – Save Battery Without Doing Anything
Team Android FR Video Review
Kurimo Review and Video
Teach Execs How To Prezi
Applocity – Timeriffic: The Best Battery Saver
Teach Execs – Walk Into A Meeting, Phone Automatically Silences
Paseban Portal – How to Save Battery
Caschy’s Blog Review
Ras Android How To
LG Mobile Chile Featured
Samsung Galaxy S Italia Featured
Mas Tutoriales Video Review
Techibuzz “Top 5″ Alarm Clock Apps for Android
MrTechyPixel Video Review
OMG Droid Must Have Apps
Technology Headlines Review
Redmond Pie Review
Android Activist Review
The Tech Temple Video Review
PocketPC.ch Video Review
Named one of the Best Free Productivity Apps for Android
Featured live at Google I/O 2011
El Androide Libre – 50 Essential Android Apps
Droid Life – App of the Day
The Droid Guy – App of the Week
Featured Crave App
Byte Podcast – App of the Week
El Androide Libre Review
Google recognized as “Top Android Developer”
*links & reviews: http://rdrrlabs.com/about
*Known issues of Timeriffic*
- Will not work from the SDCard (for custom ROM users)
- Make sure to ignore/exclude if you use a Task Killer or Task Manager.
- Android L and Silence and Volume with Timeriffic learn more - http://bit.ly/1vtdRQn
Why all the permissions?
- Internet used for basic stats. App is ad free.
- Read logs for bug reports -- bug reporting integrated in the app, it collects the app's logs and generates an email to review before sending. We don't collect other apps logs.
- Changing Bluetooth, System Settings, Wifi state, etc.: These are for the settings controlled by app, based on your profiles.
We are exclusive to the Google Play Store. Please make sure to get the newest version from us here:
Timeriffic - http://bit.ly/gSjC42
*Support Timeriffic. Support new features*
Timeriffic users have spoken. We added the cool rewards.
Support the effort and make the new features happen.
Learn more here:
Live Another Day for the stylish widget clock where every second counts.
First and only widget with live seconds accurately advancing on screen.
Everyday is a thrill ride.
Manage that ride with the 24 clock.
Jack your homescreen.
A stylish widget clock where every second counts.
The action never stops with hourly, 1/2 and 1/4 hour chimes. Full of options.
The following widget takes place on your desktop. Events occur in real time.
- New: Can be added as a lock screen widget on Android 4.2.
- New Fullscreen Mode.
- Added multiple size options to widget.
- Added more options for chime lengths.
- Added multiple size options for font.
- Works better in portrait and landscape mode.
- Added full support for tablets and large and small screen devices.
- Added higher quality sounds.
- Fixed HTC Sense bug that didn't display seconds.
- Featured live at Google I/O
- Top Android Developer by Google
- Droid Life - App of the Day
- The Droid Guy - App of the Week
- Featured Crave App
- Byte - App of the Week
- El Androide Libre Review
- Video Review by Android and Me
- Today Magazine's App of the Week
- Android Guys/Gal Review
Why all the permissions?
- Internet is used for statistics -- there's an option to share stats if you want to.
- Read logs is for sending bug reports -- we have our own bug reporting integrated in the app, it collects the app's logs and generates an email that you can review before sending. We don't collect other apps logs.
- Sdcard is used for sharing stats if you want to, e.g. save to sdcard and upload image to any social network you like (the app will auto-detect if you have some app like Google+ or FB installed and suggest that.)
- Read phone state is used to deactivate the chime sound during calls. The chime is an option of course, disabled by default.
- Retrieve running apps is used to only activate the widget when the home screen is visible. If another app is the main, the widget stops updating. Saves CPU/battery.
We are exclusive to the Google Play Store. Please make sure to get the newest version from us here:
24 Clock Widget - http://bit.ly/l9VazG
What is 24 Clock Widget?
A digital clock showing a 24 hour or 12 hour clock as beautiful widgets in varied size options all with active seconds. In addition get full screen clock, optimized for tablets and all screen sizes. No person can stop Jack Bauer.