Explore the wave nature of light. Watch electromagnetics come to life in an interactive real-physics simulation!
Whether you are a student or just physics-curious: Lightwave Studio lets you have fun with light waves and gain an intuitive visual understanding of wave optics phenomena.
Conduct more than 40 wave optics experiments. Interact with the simulation by moving lenses and more optical objects or by launching laser pulses and observe what happens. Create your own experiments and share them with your friends!
Full feature list includes:
• Conduct 40+ experiments in the sections 'Refraction', 'Diffraction', 'Waveguides' and 'Fun'.
• Interact with the simulation: Move/rotate lenses and more objects with your finger, launch laser pulses and watch them fly around your screen
• Four customizable object shapes: lenses, ellipses, rectangles, triangles.
• Four customizable light sources: point source, transient point source, line source, transient line source.
• Eight different colormaps to display the electromagnetic waves on screen.
• Create your own experiments from within the app and share them with friends.
• Create your own experiments from a computer in a special xml-format which can then be loaded in the app by anyone.
• Sensors to observe the light field at any point in the simulation. Fourier Transform on the sensor to perform frequency analysis.
• Employs algorithm (called FDTD) for the simulation of Maxwell's equations in 2d, i.e. an algorithm describing the evolution of electromagnetic fields over time
• Highly optimized and parallelized code taking the most of multiple CPUs on mobile devices.
Have fun with a multitude of wave optics experiments!