This weather app gets it right!
How often does your weather app get the current weather wrong, much less the forecast?
All Clear focuses on getting the weather right. Current conditions outside are updated quickly by our users, letting you get the most accurate weather info possible!
We also have a focus on clear communication. We want you to be able to get the weather info you need without reading too many numbers or trying to find the right hour marker. We're building the app to have large, nice animations of current conditions and hourly forecasts as well.
Some fun features:
- Watch this hour: You can mark an hour in the forecast that interests you, and All Clear will keep track of the forecast changes as it approaches.
- Submit the Weather! Send in what kind of weather you're having. This lets other users nearby get a more accurate forecast as well.
- Daily forecasts showing you the expected weather in summary form for the next few days
And more good weather features like:
- Severe alerts: Get notified of severe condition alerts in your area
- Hourly forecast widgets for multiple locations
And we're also running a number of experimental features with this app!
- (optional) Atmosphere sensor data collection from devices We support barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, and light sensors (luxometers!) in phones. You can watch graphs of your phone collecting this data and see how your device sensors react to the weather around you. We anonymize the data after it is sent to us, and we're building new weather products supported by the data.
- (optional) Weather pictures! We're accepting uploads of live weather photos with tags, so that we can start creating machine learning systems to automatically tag weather data in photos! Contribute today and join the fun experiment!
- And more!
Every feature of the app can be used for free. Some features are expanded by purchasing a subscription in the app. The $1/month subscription goes towards supporting this project and furthering the development of the experiments listed above (and more!)
Screenshots shown are from the full subscription version of the app.
Enjoy All Clear and let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Weather data comes from NOAA/NWS in the USA.
Weather graphics by Smashicons on Flaticon.com
Additional icons by Freepik on Flaticon.com