- Duct sizing for Rectangular, Round or Oval shape with 3 common sizing methods (i.e., equal friction, velocity and by duct dimensions). Detail results such as velocity pressure, hydraulic diameter, reynolds number, friction factor, relative roughness and flow area are included.
- Rectangular and Oval duct sizes are obtained by direct iteration algorithm method, i.e., not converted from round duct size.
- you're in control; full control and exact on input parameters, i.e., no sliding bar type of input method which can be difficult to control to exact input numbers. Distinct input (white) and output (yellow) fields.
- different duct materials selection (Galv. steel, Spiral, Aluminium, Carbon steel, PVC, Duct board, Duct liner, Flexible duct and Concrete).
- find duct fictional loss rate by Duct Dimension method (useful design tool for existing duct).
- built-in Duct Converter, rhoAIR, Louvre Sizer, Fan Motor kW, Convert KW-Amp, Duct gauge/weight, Threaded rod hanger sizing, txt file Viewer.
- Duct converter module to convert duct sizes between round, rectangular and oval duct.
- rhoAIR module to find air density and other pyschrometric air properties at state point.
- Louvre sizer module to size louvre opening required for structural opening.
- Fan Motor kW module to calculate electrical power consumption.
- Convert KW-Amp module to convert electrical KW - Amp, and calculate KVA.
- Duct gauge/weight module to find duct weight, perimeter and surface area for rectangular, round and oval duct with built-in duct gauge selections (Galvanized steel, Stainless steel and Aluminium duct).
- Threaded rod sizer module to size and select threaded hanger rod with built-in metric-english series of rod sizes, tensile stress calculator and maximum load calculator.
- txt file Viewer module to view and edit saved results.
- SI & IP units setting.
- Save results function.
For detail, see http://pocketengineer2.sharepoint.com/Pages/aDuctulator.aspx
All results are in metric units.
-Maximum Friction Loss (Pa/m)
-Maximum Velocity (m/s)
-Air Temperature – Drybulb (oC)
-Duct Height (mm)
-Duct Width (mm)
-Duct Diameter (mm)
Altitude = 0m above sea level
Wet bulb temperature = 0.9 * Drybulb temperature
Feedback is welcome. Enjoy!
The input of the parameter (duct- height, width, diameter, volumetric flow rate, etc.) is digital. The computed parameter is shown directly in its provided resulting box (highlighted orange).
The surface area and the insulation area is also calculated.
Either the metric system (mm) or the imperial system (inches) is provided.
An essential tool for everyone, who is working on ventilation trade.
The app is available in English, German and Italian.
Als Wärmeverlustrechner berechnet er den Lüftungsverlust und die daraus resultierenden Heizkosten.