Where R U is a social networking app. You have a closed circle of people by invite only. You check in when you want, and update your status. Your friends and family can then see where you are, and what you're up to.
NEW Invite feature!
With this new version, simply add a You widget and choose the new Invite button, enter their Android or BlackBerry 10 phone number and that's it! After they Accept, you can both see each other's updates.
How many times have you sent a text message like "Where are you?"
This app reduces that need.
Because it's a widget on your home screen, it automatically updates where people are. Just show your home screen, and instantly see where everybody is that you care about, at a glance.
This app uses very little of your battery. It does not use GPS or WiFi or Location Services or Bluetooth.
It's similar to a social networking "check in". And the best part about Where R U: it is completely secure and private.
With one tap you can quickly update where you are. Your new location is instantly available to other people's home screen widgets that you have authorized.
There is a built-in Users Guide that you can get to on most of the screens.
How to run it: after you press Install, Accept & download, and Installing... has finished, you can not open or run this app right away. It will not show up in your list of applications.
Next: add a widget to your home screen.
With Android 4 and higher: press the Apps button, pick from Widgets, long press Where R U and drag it to your home screen.
Android versions less than 4: long press on your home screen. Choose: Widgets. If your list is in alphabetical order you need to scroll down to near the end of your available widgets and then you will see the blue Where R U widget. Press it.
There is an excellent step-by-step online tutorial here: http://www.allentiumsoftware.com/whereru.htm
Browse to this page on your computer while you follow each step on your Android phone or tablet.
Download and install for free. The app costs $3, but first, you can "try before you buy". There are no ads. Use it free for 90 days, then you can decide to buy it or not.
* See where people are by quickly glancing at your phone.
* Update your location, and all of your family and friends will instantly see where you are.
* Know when someone is driving, so that you don't try to call or text message them.
* Stay safe and secure by quickly blocking someone from knowing your location. You will see a list of people you’ve authorized and you simply uncheck the checkbox.
* Everything is encrypted. All of your information is safe.
* Runs on all Android devices, even older devices.
* Updates across BlackBerry 10 devices too, so that your friends and family can have either platforms. Very soon it will be available for iPhone and iPAD too.
* Uses very little battery - does NOT require GPS or WiFi or Bluetooth or any Location Services!
* Uses very little data - this online real time app uses data compression to its server.
Keywords: "where are you", locator, locate a friend, update my status, update location, share location, tracker, people tracker, follow people, where you are and what are you up to.
The original idea for this app started in 2003 when text messaging was gaining popularity. The idea was to quickly push location based text messages from templates to feature phones. Work was done in 2009 with smart phones. We decided to publish it now, so that our own family members can communicate where they are. We have three teenagers and with “Where R U” we know if they are working, at home, in school, at a friend's, or on the move! We know that this app will become a valuable tool for your family as well!