-- Regional weather forecasts delivered to the app Inbox
-- Deals and discounts from ski resorts
-- Snow reports from more than 2,000 global ski areas, including Vail, Aspen, Whistler, Killington, Jackson Hole, Verbier & more
-- Powder alerts when your favorite resorts receive new snow
-- Trail maps
-- Breaking news from the ski industry
-- Gear section with guides to this season's hottest gear
-- Resort photo galleries
-- Resort ratings and reviews from fellow skiers
-- Ski gear reviews and advice
-- Locate nearby ski areas via GPS
-- First-hand ski reports from fellow skiers
-- Share photos and snow conditions from the slopes
-- Powder section highlight biggest new snowfall totals
-- Live webcams
-- Weather forecasts
-- Map to ski areas
-- Mountain stats and snow history graph
New in this version:
• Fix to problem that prevented some users from preserving favorite ski resorts in My Areas and using the Nearby functionality.
• Deals page with lift tickets and resort discounts in navigation
• Various bug fixes and experience improvements
Take your Android phone up on the slopes this season with our professional and most downloaded tracking application on the market. Just press the record' button, put your phone in your pocket and away you go. Ski Tracks will record your day, distances and track your runs.
• Battery Friendly with Battery Monitor - Records up to 20 hours.
• Tracks without the need for a cellular data or phone signal.
• Take/receive calls and text while tracking.
• Comprehensive Ski Stats and Profile Graphs.
• Maps with Roadmap, Hybrid, Satellite and Terrain modes.
• Maps Tools showing distance, time and stop watch.
• Trim your day, taking off unwanted car journeys using the Map Playback and Trim features.
• Add photographs to track.
• Metric(km/h) and Statute(mph) units.
• Analyse individual Ski Runs and lifts.
• Share your day on Facebook or in Google Earth.
BATTERY FRIENDLY - RECORD YOUR WHOLE DAY
Unlike many other tracking applications Ski Tracks is designed to use less power and will last all day (1). Ski Tracks also includes a battery monitor - stopping tracking if your battery level gets too low - which reduces the possibility of a dead phone at the end of the day.
NO DATA OR PHONE SIGNAL REQUIRED FOR TRACKING
Unlike many other ski applications, Ski Tracks does not require any data or phone signal for Tracking. This means you can enjoy your skiing or riding without worrying about data costs. (See Note 2)
RUN IN BACKGROUND
Ski Tracks can run with your phone locked. It can also be paused and resumed at any time.
ACCURATE SKI/SNOWBOARD STATS
Ski Tracks uses special algorithms designed for mountain users to accurately calculate your speed, slope angle and ski vertical.
Want to check your last run maximum speed or duration or even your last ascent, then use the Run-by-Run analysis tool and Ski Tracks will break your day up into runs and lifts.
Why not share your Ski Day along with your photographs on Facebook? Or even email a file that will preview your entire day in 3D on Google Earth™.
Ski Tracks uses Google Maps™ to display your track, start, finish and photographs in four different views: standard, satellite, hybrid and terrain. Visualise your day by overlaying analysis tools so you can see where you were at a specific time, see where different runs and lifts are or just to see where you were for each mile. Also you can now replay your day using the Map Playback feature.
Take photographs and they are automatically geo-tagged to your Track.
Note 1. Actual recording length dependant on battery condition, temperature, other background applications and phone usage.
Note 2. Ski Tracks does not need data or a phone signal to record your day, the location system on your Phone may from time to time use data for location fixes, we have no control over this. THEREFORE WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND SETTING DATA ROAMING OFF IF YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE ABROAD.
** COMING SOON **
+ Ski Resort Locator
+ Improved sharing
+ Resort data integration
As with all GPS receivers the quality of GPS signal can vary depending on the amount of visible sky, satellite positions, foliage, weather conditions etc. GPS will not reliably work indoors. For more information please checkout and download the User Guide from our web site.
For more further information please check out the Support URL.
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us so if you need more information, support or anything related to Skiing/Snowboarding then email us at:
Record your best runs; connect your app to Facebook and compete with your friends!
- Recording: maximum speed, average speed, duration, distance, ascent, descent
- Autostop: the tracker stops recording when your speed is lower than 1 km/h
- History: list of your runs, filter by sport, filter by period
- Map view: view of your run on a real map
- Explore your run: view of your exact speed by sliding the cursor on the map
- Share: share your stats on Facebook and Twitter
- Settings: Imperial/Metric units, countdown set up, autostop set up
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
STATS AND MAPS
Ski Tracker tracks speed, distance, altitude, vert, and time. It also gives you a map showing where you have been while you are saving a run.
See graph of altitude vs. distance showing you all the vertical you got on your last track.
When viewing saved tracks your route shows up on the map color coded by speed. It shows where you went the fastest (red) and where you were slowest (blue).
Don't want to look at the screen every few minutes? You can have Ski Tracker tell you updates on your progress either every mile or every five minutes.
PAUSE AND RESUME
Pause the workout to catch your breath or chat with a friend and then resume when you get back to skiing or snowboarding.
You can easily see your stats in real time with your current speed being the focal point. (Though I wouldn't recommend checking it out much in real time :-))
App supports both standard and metric units for tracking speed, distance and vert drop.
Keep track of all your skiing runs with Ski Tracker+ GPS Tracking for Skiers by 30 South.
Note: Continued use of the GPS will reduce battery life.
Note: Some features are only available in the Pro version - Ski Tracker+
In addition to the many high-quality trail maps, Ski TrailMaps also provides a trial of advanced features including resort webcams, weather forecasts and snow report. In short, Ski TrailMaps provides all the information you need to enjoy a great day on the slopes. To continue to enjoy these features you’ll be prompted to upgrade to Ski TrailMaps Pro once your trial has expired.
TrailMaps features more than 1,000 high-quality color maps of ski resorts from around the world. The geographical areas including all 10 of Canada's provinces, 14 European countries (from Andora to the United Kingdom), the United States (36 states from Alaska to Wyoming), South American (resorts in Argentina and Chile), and Oceania (resorts in Australia and New Zealand).
Once loaded, you may zoom in and out of the map in portrait or landscape mode using the plus and minus buttons. You may also scroll around with your device's touchpad. It's a handy feature when you want to get a close-up view of a map's legend and the mountain resort's specific details, such as topography, ski-run names and difficulty ratings, or the location of chair lifts and ski patrol huts.
Two icons appear at the top of the screen with each map download. Pressing on the snowflake-shaped button will provide you with up-to-date snow reports for the resort you're viewing. Similarly, selecting the mountain-shaped icon will allow you to see what the weather's doing at the resort with the area's most recent forecast.
With some resorts, a third, camera lens-shaped icon will also appear. Pressing on this selection will tap into a live webcam feed for a real-time look at a resort's conditions.
Also, the sheer size of some resorts means that they are often served with more than one map. If your resort of choice falls in this category, you'll be prompted to select your mobile device's menu button to download the additional maps.
Choose your own adventure! REI Snow Report works great as either a ski app or snowboarding app. It can help you decide the best place to ski or snowboard by sending alerts when there’s new snow at the base depth levels you’ve set. Make the app your own by adding up to 15 resorts from all over the world to your Favorites. See at a glance where it’s a good powder day so you can jump out of bed and get going! (We won’t tell your boss.)
Need more details? The app lets you reference trail maps for most North American ski resorts, look at web cams where available, and find out how many lifts are open so you’ll know what to expect ahead of time. Avoid the bad surprises and bring on the spontaneous outdoor fun!
If you’re heading up with friends, share snow forecasts with them via Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and in our app. You can stay on top of changing mountain conditions through participating Twitter feeds. Forgot something you need? Store Locator is at your fingertips to help you find the nearest REI store. The REI Snow Report app easily connects you to REI.com, so you can shop online and get some Expert Advice (if you need it), before you venture out to the mountain.
Stay connected and inspired. We’ll drop you a quick message about upcoming REI snow gear sales and winter clearances so you won’t miss out. We’ll also send engaging content and beautiful pics to your message center from time to time for a quick dose of inspiration.
Trace Snow (formerly AlpineReplay) allows you to track your day on the mountain by measuring speed, airtime, distance, vertical, Calories, and more. Made by skiers and snowboarders for skiers and snowboarders. We separate your runs, tell you which chair lifts you've taken, clock your time on the chairlift and much more. Get a basic set of stats right on the slope or log in on AlpineReplay.com to see your progress over the season, compare with friends, push your stats to Facebook, and Replay your runs in 3D.
With Trace Snow (formerly AlpineReplay) you can measure:
★ Much more
Trace Snow is also the official app , Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Mt. Tremblant, Snowshoe, Stratton, Blue Mountain, China Peak, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Stoneham, and Canaan for the 2014/15 season. Use Trace Snow at these mountains to earn special medals, be notified of upcoming events, and much more!
It comes with a set of already tracked resorts that can be extended by the user. App shows in real time covered distance, maximum speed, spent time, burned calories and allows user to share these results on social networks. Statistics are available for each skiing day and both slopes and ski-lifts can be displayed on a map.
The application provide also an altimeter, supports both metric and imperial measurement systems and can be used worldwide.
Facebook login-in is required to enable some features.
The free version is limited to 50 Km (30 mi) of tracking.
Launched in partnership with more than 30 resorts, Ski+ is the number one platform worldwide dedicated to ski and snowboard fans.
Ski+ allows you to measure your performance on the slopes, take part in challenges and compare yourself to other skiers.
- Record your performance (via GPS tracking): vertical drop, distance, speed, altitude, GPS tracks...
- Take part in over 100 challenges on the mountain: First Time Skiing, Expert, 3 Vallées Addict...
- Compare your performance on the mountain in a world ranking of skiers and with your Facebook friends.
- Locate the nearest resorts (200 referenced) and consult the weather forecast, snow report, and the opening and closing trail times.
* Partner ski resorts of the Ski+ program:
L’Alpe d’Huez - Avoriaz - Ax 3 Domaines - Chamonix - Courchevel - Crévoux - Flaine Grand Massif - La Clusaz - La Plagne - La Rosière - Le Grand Bornand - Les 3 Vallées - Les Sybelles - Les Portes du Soleil - Les Arcs - Les 2 Alpes - Les Menuires - Méribel - Montgenèvre - Metabief - Megève - Orelle - Risoul 1850 - Serre Chevalier - Saint Gervais - Val Thorens - Valberg - Vars - Valmorel
The Ski+ app is created and operated by Lumiplan, the worldwide leader in ski resort smartphone apps.
Skiing should be pleasurable for all. When using Ski+, as anytime on the ski area, please be aware of your speed and trajectory, those around you, and respect other skiers.
The use of Ski+ implies acceptance by the user of the Terms and Conditions (available in the app).
Warning: This app uses the GPS function in the background which can reduce the device battery autonomy.
Keywords : GPS, slopes, mountain, tracking, challenge ski, distance
All results and calendar for all level from the FIS races to the World cup races.
You can also follow the races live with the live timing and live scoring app, you can also found the biography of each athletes, the news and the cup standings.
This app can also launched in the internet browser http://m.fisski.com
radius turns and workshops that will help you on your way to all-mountain expert. They introduce key aspects of advanced skiing including, carving, bumps, off-piste and powder.
The stunning video, split screen video analysis, intuitive cue cards and engaging presenting style will help reinforce the topics and enhance your learning experience.
No jargon, no gimmicks just straight to the point facts that will teach you how to ski better.
The full lessons are carefully designed to:
• Lead you step by step through the skiing progression
• Complement on-slope tuition with a qualified instructor
• Clarify the basics
• Give you a head start
Best of all the Apps are portable and you can learn how to ski anywhere:
• In the chalet before a day out
• As a handy reminder on the lift between runs
• On the bus, train or plane before heading out to the mountains
Upload the app with everything included, no further uploads or costly data charges while you’re away. Just grab you phone and hit the slopes.
Give your skiing the boost it deserves with how to ski lessons from the Ski School app - your portable ski instructor.
App is measuring duration, distance, current speed, altitude (current, minimal and maximal) and acceleration (current, maximal retardation and maximal acceleration). Info about average and maximal speed is located at the bottom of the screen.
When it's possible to start timing, green checkmark icon will appear. To start timing, tap on it. To stop timing tap on the stop icon (hand). To send app to background, tap on the the icon of mobile phone. You can lock the phone while app is running in background, data will still be measured.
Each track is saved on SD card in folder /sdcard/SkiTimer/. Tracks are categorized by date and time (each folder has its own date, files are named after time).
It is possible to share your location through SMS (no roaming costs). Select contact from your phonebook to send your current GPS position. If no suitable number is found, you will have to enter desired number.
Finding friend somewhere skiing was never easier! Select message from your inbox with GPS coordinates (eg., 45.808,15.930). Applicaton will show distance and bearing to chosen location.
Permission to read phonebook is used ONLY for your convenience. It's easier to choose contact's phone number through selector than entering it, right? :)
Do not abuse this application. Watch out for your own safety and safety of other people while skiing. Do NOT look at the screen of your mobile device and ski at the same time. We are not responsible for any kind of injuries that might happen using this application.
Visit http://skitimer.com for more details.
Internet access is required. Give us feedback in our mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speed is also read out loud to you so that you don't have to glance at the screen while skiing!
NOTE: Needs Text-To-speech library installed to work properly (found in Market). GPS should also be enabled!
-2 independent max speed loggers
-Accuracy logger (with minimum accuracy achieved logger)
-Vertical speed indicator
-Vertical speed logger
-Current speed indicator
-Current speed readout toggle ON/OFF
-Automatic "Lift mode" so that readout is paused while you ride a lift or you are standing still.
-Fully glove-friendly (if you have a trackball & hardware buttons)
-Miles/Feet (imperial units) option available
Upcoming features (please vote in comments)
1. Bluetooth handsfree support
2. When new record is achieved announce it loudly
3. Share records
4. Save/Load records
5. Inhibit screen-sleep option
6. Max acceleration
Skiers and snowboarders can collect free digital pins to track a lifetime of all the places they’ve been, how many seasons on snow, gear preferences, skill, and more. The pins can be shared with friends on Facebook, Twitter, or email with links to the resorts where collected.
Ski Nation is FREE and for all skiers and snowboarders regardless of age, experience, skill, or their home mountain. Users can build their on-snow profile for nine gear categories, home ski area, favorite mountain, skill and first time on skis.
The first version of Ski Nation is a starting platform to build an open, independent, and comprehensive network for skiers and industry members to connect.
Ski Nation is built by skiers without control by a single resort, manufacturer, media company, or marketing agency. It’s a broad-based free flow of information and a way for small ski area operators and gear companies to participate in the mobile app arena regardless of their financial resources.
For skiers, it’s free and their personal information is secure. In addition to ski area vitals, the mobile app rotates trivia tidbits to engage users in the rich history and culture of riding snow. Future plans include the opportunity for resorts, gear companies, and sponsors to make information and offers available directly to skiers on an opt-in basis.
Receiving the GPS signal the SkiApp captures your movements and analyzes them offline using the computational power of your smartphone. This way your skiing stage is separated into tracks of following types: Downhill, lift, walk and hold.
These tracks are used to maintain detailed statistics for each stage. Particularly the statistics contain following elements:
1. Downhill, lift and walk distance,
2. Summed height for downhill and lift tracks,
3. Average speed,
4. Maximal speed,
5. and many, many more!
Moreover there is detailed information available about each track. It even allows you to graphically display and analyze each track in deep directly on the smartphone.
In comparison to other Ski-Tracker apps the SkiApp offers much more:
1. For the computation of the velocity and distance it also considers the vertical movement. Other Apps do only provide the velocity and distance in the horizontal plane which are both too low in a steep slope.
2. SkiApp is the one and only app capable of separating your skiing day into informative tracks like downhill or lift. Lift tracks are recognized properly for ascent and descent rides as well. Other Apps handle the complete skiing day as one single track deriving their poor statistics simply on the base of the ascent and descent height.
3. The SkiApp works very sparing. The analysis is specially optimized utilizing the CPU and memory as low as possible.
4. SkiApp protects your privacy! The complete analysis of movements is performed completely on the smartphone. There is no registration required and the captured information is not send over the internet at all! In contrast other Apps often acquire to many unnecessary access rights during installation to collect information about you for purposes not known to you. The SkiApp uses the Internet connection only to download the map.
5. SkiApp is able to announce the current speed using voice capabilities of the smartphone. The announcement occurs in short intervals during a downhill run. When you are riding a lift, walking around or waiting there is no announcement to avoid worrying anybody. The voice announcement keeps you well informed about your performance even during a downhill run. There is no other App with similar Feature!
6. The PRO version of the SkiApp allows you to export the recorded data in Google's KMZ file format to the USB storage of your smartphone. The KMZ file may be used with Google Earth and Google Maps. Google Earth displays single tracks or complete stages in 3D allowing detailed analysis of your performance at your PC.
SkiApp LITE is for free and contains following limitations:
1. The detail view is not available for older tracks.
2. The velocity voice announcement is temporally limited.
3. Stage browsing is limited to the last one.
4. The statistics view is reduced.
5. Export of tracks and stages in KMZ format is disabled.
6. Backup creation is not available.
Do not hesitate and try SkiApp LITE to get an impression on the functionality of this app. If you like the app please consider to by the PRO version. In relation to the costs of a day's ticked for the lift the price of SkiApp PRO is not more than a tip!
Because of the continuous usage of the GPS signal the SkiApp increases the power consumption of your smartphone to around 6 to 10 percent per hour. If there are other active GPS Apps on your smartphone the additional power consumption for the SkiApp is around 1 Percent per hour only. To reduce the battery load it is recommended to disable the GPS functionality during the lunch break.
Have a lot of fun with the SkiApp! Please support the development by getting the SkiApp PRO!
Please do not forget to rate this app!
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!