Alminav is a smartphone app for hikers, cyclists, and other outdoor exthusiasts. One of its main advantages is that it can function offline, as signals in the rural areas are often very weak. Maps can be downloaded in advance, and are vectored so as to not take up a lot of space in the phone's storage. Poi databases offer the option to explore on the map cities, streets, restaurants, accomodations, doctors, banks, sport areas, mountains, attractions and more. For trips between two places, the app can plan a walking, biking or car route. You can opt for the fastest or shortest routes. Navigation works offline with downloaded maps.
• Offline detailed hiking maps
• Offline route calculation with altitude profile
• Offline search for cities, streets and pois
• Record GPS tracks as KML or GPX file
• Map display in the direction of movement
• Topographic maps with contourlines
• World overview map is included
• Import KML and GPX routes
• Export routes as KML file
• Poi databases
• Elevation charts
• Velocity charts
• GPS status display
• Map styles can be choosed
RECTANGULAR MAP TILES
Map tiles have different sizes and an extension of several longitudes and latitudes. Example: The section n48e005_2x2 contains the area between the latitudes north 48 ° and 50 ° (2 latitudes) and between the longitude east 5 ° and 7 ° (2 longitudes). The large map tiles cover a large part of Europe. From Scandinavia only Denmark and southern Sweden are included.
Map tiles cover the following areas:
• Benelux countries
• Great Britain England and Wales
• Italy including Sardinia, Sicily and Ischia
• Bosnia Herzegovina
• Czech Republic
• The Alps
• The Mediterranean coast of Tunisia
• The Mediterranean coast of Turkey
• Balearic Islands
• Canary Islands
Maps are based on the data of OpenStreetMap (OSM).
The limitation of maps import can be removed by in app purchases. One map tile can be imported for free.
• Vector maps rendering: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapsforge
• Route calculation: http://graphhopper.com
• Map download: https://firebase.google.com/