Whether you're a tourist planning to travel to Hawaii or a local already living in the islands, this app can be used as a quick and fun reference to learn various words used by the locals.
This app is provided for free and contains ads.
• Includes: over 200+ words to choose from with more to come
• Offline: works entirely without an internet connection
• Text Filtering: results are actively filtered as you type
• Pronunciation: see how words and phrases are pronounced
• Example Sentences: provided so words can be seen in context
• Word Origin: shows which native language a pidgin word was borrowed from
• Favorites List: save your favorite words for easy access to them later
• Contact Developer: report errors or submit requests for future words to add
"Hawaiian Creole English," or better simply known as, "Pidgin," is a language that originated from the coexistence of many ethnically diverse people working together on Hawaii's sugar plantations. That language has evolved in to something over half a million Hawaii locals use to this day.
Mahalo nui loa for your kokua and support in spreading the language of Hawaii Pidgin!