1) Sunrise and sunset
2) Civil Dawn and Dusk
3) Nautical Dawn and Dusk
4) Astronomical Dawn and Dusk
The computation is done using the formulae at http://williams.best.vwh.net/sunrise_sunset_algorithm.htm. Note that since these formulae do not take into account the elevation of the place, the computed values may be slightly inaccurate for places much above sea level.
- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times
- moon phase
- moon current azimuth and elevation.
Two widgets display:
- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times, moon phase
It uses mobile geolocation functions to determine your current position.
It will also give information about the amount of time before sunrise or sunset.
Important: by refreshing or initialization the widget, your current location will be used. So in order to use this widget you need to enable the location service.
How to do this:
- Go to settings;
- then go to Location (services);
- finally enable "Use wireless networks" or "Google location service" (mostly the first checkbox)
Keywords: sunset widget, sunrise widget,
Sunrise Sunset also calculates Civil, Nautical and Astronomical Twilight. Activate "Nerd Mode" to get as much information on the solar day as you could possibly want.
At Cactus Man Software, we welcome user feed back, so please drop us a line if you have any questions or comments! Thank you!
* Sunrise / sunset
* Twilight times (astronomical, nautical and civil)
* Moonrise / moonset
* Moon phase
* Next dates of full and new moon
* Select a timezone from a list with 85 timezones
* Supports portrait and landscape view
* Location is determined using WLAN or GPS
Please note that calculations become very inaccurate for locations north of 65°N and south of 65°S
With this application you can see daily sunrise and sunset according your current location and date.
You can also check sunrise and sunset in different location.
Also available as widget on desktop. It will tell next sunrise or sunset.
Very useful for photographers, hikers, romantics, sailors.
Astronomy weather forecast. Forecast data is from 7Timer and includes:
- Cloud cover
- Lunar Phase
- Lunar Altitude
- ISS Passes (automatically localised)
- Support for GPS-only devices
- Support for devices with no location services (manual long/lat entry)
- NEW overview graphic
Astro Panel is entirely free. If you would like to support me as a developer, please download my game, Finger Shepherd! (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd)
This lightweight astronomy app detects your location and uses it to instantly give you a forecast that is highly localized and works worldwide.
***Uses 7Timer's Astro Panel to achieve this (see http://7timer.y234.cn). The forecast grid and key are loaded directly from this website***
Please note I am not affiliated with 7Timer in any way.
Please contact me with any bugs/feedback!
7Timer!, pronounced as "Tri-Timer", means "bell of clear sky" in Chinese. It is a series of meteorological forecast products. Most of the products base on a numeric weather model from NOAA/NCEP, called GFS, and aim on short-term (up to 16 days) weather forecast service for special purpose, for example, astronomical activities, or meteorological condition assessment. 7Timer! was first introduced in mid 2005 and has been revised for better fitting of public service operation in mid 2008. It's first designed as a weather forecast tool for astronomical purpose, as the author himself is a long-term astronomer and is always annoyed by fluky weather conditions.
- Where is the fine weather?
- Where is the sun?
By using SunTracker application you never lose track of the sun.
In 3 clicks, you get the list of cities around you to meet your criteria:
- Ideal temperature
- Maximum search distance around you.
- Perfect weather
In the full version, you can also
- visualize each city and its weather marker on google maps.
- get in real-time the weather for 25 cities in the world's most liveable of the current month. T give you excellent ideas for holiday.
The full version is ad-free.
Good tracking ;)
Love the Moon? Get this 3-D simulation, with Live Wallpaper, Widgets, Monthly Calendar and more!
Hold the Moon in your hand with this stunning 3-D simulation of Moon phases with data updated in real time. Swipe back and forth to move through the phases of the Moon. This app has all the data you need including Moon rise/set times, illumination, Moon phase name , zodiac location and the distance to the Moon, all in a beautiful, elegant app that's fun to use. It's even got a monthly calendar so you can see what the Moon will look like over the months.
It has all the same features as the Pro version, it's just ad supported.
☾ ☾ ☾ ☽ ☽ ☽
See the current phases of the Moon with a beautiful 3-D simulation made by NASA satellites. You can even see the shadows change on the Moon as the phases change.
☾ "Fantastic application for tracking everything you ever wanted to know about the moon. Beautifully designed as well. " - Art
This app shows you the current phase of the Moon, using a simulation of the lunar surface created by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance mission during its observations of the Moon.
☾ "Works great on my Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.0.4. The moon phase scrolling is very smooth. A great app that gives you "full control" of the state of the Moon!" - Chromeman
You can smoothly drag the Moon phase back and forth with your finger, or even "spin it" to quickly advance forwards or backwards. It's kind of hypnotic, and will keep a child entertained for quite a while.
☽ Beautiful images of the Moon were made by NASA from data collected by spacecraft. Watch how the shadows on the craters change over the course of a month, and see the Moon's libration (wobble) as it completes an orbit around the Earth.
☽ Installation includes a Live Wallpaper and a Widget so you don't need to run the app to always know what phase it is.
☽ See the current date, distance, phase name, zodiac location and illumination percentage: updated in real time. GPS detection of your hemisphere and location to make sure the Moon looks right for you.
☽ Swipe left and right to move forward or backwards in time to see what the Moon will look like in the future or past. It slides back and forth with "buttery" smoothness. Spin it faster or slower. You can even set it to spin through its phases on its own.
☽ Pinch-zoom the Moon to see a full lunar atlas with spacecraft landing sites, mare and large craters
☽ Need to find the next full Moon? You can click a button to take you to the next full Moon or new Moon.
☽ You can also access a calendar that shows you the phase of the Moon for any date in the past or future. You can also see a monthly calendar of the Moon's phases.
☽ Share your phase of the Moon images on all the popular social networks
☽ Supports rotation to Landscape mode or Portrait mode
☽ Press "Start Rotating" and watch the Moon rotate through its phases, all on its own.
☽ Pinch to zoom the Moon in and out to reveal more details on the lunar surface, and then pan around with two fingers
☽ Turn on a full lunar atlas, with dozens of labeled locations, including landing sites, craters and lunar maria.
☽ See the zodiac signs so you can find the Moon quickly in the night sky
Developed by Universe Today. Please email me if you have any questions or there are any problems with your specific version of Android. We'd also love to hear your feature ideas.
Moon images created by NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio
Please, support developers of this app and buy ad-free version here:
Clear Sky Droid interacts with cleardarksky.com to provide clear sky charts that describe astronomical viewing conditions.
Find closest, search by name / location, favorites, and map.
North America only!
keywords: astronomy, telescope, csc, forecast
★ - ★ Style widget released
Style weather and clock, respectively, by applying a theme to decorate a cool widget widget application.
Paid to the foreign application weather and clock themes do you use?
Style widget everything is free! Giveaway! That!
Indefinitely for free weather clock theme in the phone application Heaven decorating (ponguk) provides.
How to use as easy and convenient as possible produced became
Widget settings hanhu as soon as you click into the settings menu has AU anyone have laid the theme quickly and easily so you can set the receiving now pretty fast clock and weather widget can be set!
The future more and more in HD and to add new functionality
Is a free application, do not worry yourself, use
★ requests and bugs, contact: email@example.com
★ theme after making ponguk register, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send me an email, do not hesitate
- Current weather, weather forecast.
- Sunrise/sunset, photography golden hour, twilight (dusk/dawn) times.
- Moonrise/moonset times, moon phase.
- Sun & Moon azimuth on rise and set (useful for checking local Manhattanhenge date).
- Choosing current position/city from GPS or manually.
- Homescreen widget
- Iridium flares prediction.
- ISS (International Space Station) pass prediction.
Features in the development:
- Weather history (pressure, temperature)
- Astronomical events (eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions, meteor showers, etc.)
- Aurora borealis forecast & current kp-index (magnetic storm predictor).
- Pressure from barometer sensor (for supported phones).
If you have problems or suggesion, write me: email@example.com
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
More from developer
- Panchang for any day. Tithi (date) along with paksha (shukla and krishna), yoga, karana, nakshatra and vaar (day of week). Also shows the year, maah (month purnimant and amavasyant),zodiac of moon and the ritu (Season), along with their end times. Has Vikram Samvat, Vikram Samvat Kartak and Indian National Calendar (Saka).
- Get detailed panchang view including moon rise and moon set, sunrise and sunset, Day and Night Choghadiya, Rahukalam, Yama Ghantam, Guli Kalam, Dur Muhurt and Abhijit. All calculated for your chosen location.
- Griha (Planet) Positions and rise set times, (including shani, rahu and ketu).
- Find all the celestial objects, nakshatras, rashis and grihas in the sky.
- Support for custom location. Choose from over 3000 cities, or choose your own location.
- A monthly Calendar view highlighting the Ekadashi, Chathurthi, Poornima and Amavasya. Shows the monthly list of festival. Also showing the moon phase for each date.
- Save and track your own tithis.
- Shows the date of hindu festivals and allows to add the festivals in your calendar.: Diwali (Deepawali), Chhath, Karwa Chauth, Holi, Maha Shivaratri, Ramnavami, Rakshabandhan etc
- Also has 4 widgets showing the moon phase, and the lunar date, and one showing moon rise, moon set and sun rise sun set timings.
- ** Widgets only work when app is on Phone and not on SD card **
It is your own virtual planetarium. Ideal for amateur Astronomy.
It has all the Surya and Chandra along with the planets Budh, Shukra, Mangal, Brihaspati, Shani and also Rahu and Ketu.
Watch Dhurva tara, Saptarishi, Mesh, Dhanu, Vrishabha, Kark, Ashadha, Jyeshta, Kritika among all the other objects.
Star, planets and constellations names are augmented with Western names where Indian names are not there. e.g, Neptune.
These names would be updated in the future as and when discovered.
Built as a derivative of Sky Map, it has all its features.
From the makers of Hindu Calendar.